Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it to late to go back to our 4-3?

Skinzfever2010

If anything, I'd like to see Haslett modify and create a hybrid 46 defense, being he is such the genius some claim he is.

But with a 46, you must have players who will move, not stand flat-footed in the endzone...

I'd like to see Haslett coaching anywhere but here personally, but the proper time to asses that is at the end of the year.

But I'm all for a 46. That's my dream D. When can we get it done? :evilg:

Hail.

Actually this is 100% incorrect. We have been drafting and signing players fromn a 4-3 and trying to convert them to a 3-4.

Orakpo

Kerrigan

Cofield

McIntosh

Jenkins

All of these played 4-3.

Could you see a front 4 of Kerrigan, Cofield, Bowen/Carriker/Jenkins, Orakpo?

If you read what I wrote, I said that we have been drafting players with the intent on playing in the 3-4, not 3-4 guys.

McIntosh was already drafted so he really doesn't count. We brought him back, I believe, because the defensive coaches realized that Perry Riley wasn't ready to be a starter when they were hoping he would be. Jenkins is a prototypical 3-4 DE, and while Cofield was a 4-3 DT, we brought him in to play NT because he has experience in playing a similar assignment.

I'm not opposed to lining up in the 4-3 now and again to give the opposing offense a different look ... but Shanahan and Bruce Allen set a plan for our team and one part of that is making our defense a 3-4. These things take time to settle. Scrapping it now would be a huge mistake, and would stunt the grunt the growth of our defense.

There is no problem with the 3-4. the secondary has been getting burned especially on Sunday but Steve Smith has been doing that all year. We aren't the first defense the Panthers have put up numbers on. We're in top 5 in most catergories. The Panthers are the first team to put up more than 21 points on us. Im getting sick of my fellow fans calling to change everything when we lose a couple games. Thats been one of the problems over the years along with horrible FO and coaches, but we have a great FO and coaches now be patient damn it we're not even half way through the season. I say if everything is still crap at the end of next year then it might be tim for changes. I want a good team year in year out not a wild card team every 5 or six years because we got lucky

No this is just stupid. Sorry but it is. The Panthers score a bunch of points, as they do to everybody and suddenly we need to completely change our defense in the middle of the season. No.

Doesn't need much discussion, the idea is ridiculous. Our defense is good, tops of the league in sacks, and just got beat by 2 fast high scoring offenses.

Archived