Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bump and Run Please!!

montyzachamp

well i would love to provide a reasonable explanation for this, but i cant. for some reason rookie qb's look like all pros against us

I know why they do and its because we dont hit them, we dont pressure them, we dont blitz them, we figure we can get pressure with our front 4 and confuse them with our 'zone coverages'...the real question is why dont we hit them everytime they drop back...when other teams play rookie qb's they bring more pressure than can be blocked to hit him, get him rattled, and uneasy in the pocket---kinda like what we did to eli in game 1...i just dont understand y not do this for the rookies

this same strategy that hasnt worked goes thru 3 different D. coordinators---williams, blache, and now haslett, I still remember getting soooo p'd that williams didnt dial up blitzes to pressure v young his rookie game against us and allowed him to pick our zones apart

Question:

What is the first word in the phrase "zone blitz?"

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 12:04 PM ----------

the great thing about bump and run is you actually bump the receivere off of his route...therefore it takes longer for him to get up to fullspeed and/or u can bump him off his route and he'll have to break it off sooner and/or YOU STOP GIVING UP THE QUICK SLANT FOR AN EASY 3RD AND 3 PICKUP BECAUSE UR RIGHT THERE...seems common sense to me

And if you miss the bump, you give up a 70 yard TD pass.

Until Haslett can configure a way for the blitz to get to the qb within 2 seconds, there's no point in running it.

We've watched time and time again, we blitz and every single player is picked up, giving the qb enough time to complete the pass. It always happens, and its frustrating to watch, especially when so many other teams blits and BOOM, they're there quickly to get the sack. NFLN was showing how the Skins blitz, and how ineffective it was on a particular play; it looked as if the players were looking to entangle with an o-lineman, not looking for a gap to shoot through.

Good thing is, once Haslett finally figures a way to get blitzers in the backfield quickly, then the cb's can play bump and run, because there will not be enough time for the ball to be thrown; but right now, with an ineffective blitz, its better for the cb's to play off receivers to give them some working room...

Can any of our CB's Play bump and run. If we sit ten yards back all day, of course they will have a field day on us. Please no Reed Doughty he can support the run but cannot play the pass. What do you think?

That makes me laugh. If you think our CB's are getting burned now, see what happens if they bump and run...sizzzzzzzle.

Skins pass defense is sorely suspect. D. Hall is fire and ice. We haven't had a cover safety in years. Carlos Rogers starts for a fine 49'er defense and has 3 interceptions. While we get good QB pressure from the edge, the push up the middle is gone post Hayneswoth.

Archived