Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo fined $15K for hit on Vick

adam@section118

You simply can't play defense anymore.

In other fine news, Troy Polamalu was fined 15K for calling his wife from the sideline to let her know he was OK after his concussion last week.

This **** is just ridiculous

~Bang

Seriously? They actually fined him for calling his wife to let her know he was okay. Reminds me of when the NFL told Peyton Manning he couldn't wear black cleats to honor Unitas.

Seriously? They actually fined him for calling his wife to let her know he was okay. Reminds me of when the NFL told Peyton Manning he couldn't wear black cleats to honor Unitas.

time for the union to either step up about the stupidity of these fines or individual players to file some lawsuits. It's not the money, it's the principle.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 07:40 PM ----------

He did.

HOWEVER, Dogkiller was running with the ball and therefore a running back by definition. So helmet to helmet hits are allowed.

intentional helmet to helmet is really never "allowed". If the NFL thinks it happened you'll get a fine even without a penalty. But on a play where the offensive player is shfiting around as much as Vick it's impossible to ever say it was intentional.

Yep

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2011/10/22/column_polamalu_fine_for_phone_call_out_of_bounds/

Now, i can understand the rule... it could be used to cheat.

But this one falls under 'common sense"

Be a little flexible, Roger Goodell. This is just stupid.

~Bang

Hey Jumbo.....yeah, the NFL certainly has the resources, so maybe it'll develop the common sense, to hire full-time officials. The quality of officiating has deteriorated significantly over the last several years, and there are ways the league could seek to remedy that problem. In large measure, the brain trust has failed to do so. To its credit, though, many of the really bad apples are being cycled out so that their incompetence doesn't continue to adversely affect teams and reflect negatively on the league.

I feel sorry for the Lions on Sunday; Leavy's crew is going to stick it to them when they play the Falcons.

He did.

HOWEVER, Dogkiller was running with the ball and therefore a running back by definition. So helmet to helmet hits are allowed.

That's why I couldn't understand the call on Rak. The ball was snapped to the RB and fumbled over his and Vick's head. A fumble recovered by Vick, therefore the QB is now a live RB once the ball is fumbled and not a QB dropping back for a pass in the pocket, right? That was always my take on it anyway.

Archived