Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo fined $15K for hit on Vick

adam@section118

Complete bull****; same as the call on the field. From my recollection of the replays, Vick's head snapped back from the hit by the other player who hit him (forget who) and not Orakpo. Orakpo hit him in the upper chest. Ridiculous!

Raks helmet hit vick s helmet but the fine is BS. Vick jumped in the air to get the ball off and rak was aiming for his chest, by the time rak got to 7 he was coming down and they caught helmet to helmet. The play is odviously incidental helmet to helmet contact and a fine is absurd.

You simply can't play defense anymore.

In other fine news, Troy Polamalu was fined 15K for calling his wife from the sideline to let her know he was OK after his concussion last week.

This **** is just ridiculous

~Bang

So my takeaway from the NFL is:

An inadvertent helmet-to-helmet hit on a reformed dogfighter = calling your wife to let her know that you won't be eating applesauce through a straw.

Hmmmm. Well, that does it: I now have an excuse not to call my wife.

Watching the hit live, my first initial reaction was that it was a bs call. Then watching the replay, Rak clearly hit Vick helmet-to-helmet. Just 1 of few mistakes made by Orakpo. He does aim to hurt opposing QBs but there is no doubt in my mind that Rak is NOT a dirty player. Just a simple mistake he will learn from but will probably make again at some point in his career. The NFL has become very touchy with these calls but that 1 was the correct call and justifiably fined.

They are making money off the players. I thought the flags on the PR hits were goofy and now this. I just don't know what to say about this anymore but in 10 years, we'll all be watching soccer lol.

No thy aren't. The fines all go to charity.

But they're still ridiculous.

~Bang

The NFL is destroying the game of football.

Back then:

- Players didn't make enough, so they played for fun.

- Didn't wear helmets & didn't matter how you got the player down.

Now:

-Players make millions.

-Wears helmets and will get fined if a player hits too hard.

Future:

-Players make billions.

-No contact with another player is allowed. Must pull opponents flag to get player down.

switch to flag football on the players and put team jerseys on the refs so the rest of us will know who's side they are on. rouge refs that have accepted equal compensation from both teams would continue to sport the current Devil's Island uni.

Collusion protecting the refs. These were rotten noncalls and the refs should actually be penalized for making them.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The refs made a crap call that even the announcers were riding them about. They got a crap first down out of it and it resulted in a long TD drive that changed the tenor of the game.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The refs made a crap call that even the announcers were riding them about. They got a crap first down out of it and it resulted in a long TD drive that changed the tenor of the game.

While I totally agree the call was bull****, the defense didn't just allow one long drive, they allowed 3 right after that.

And as much as it will pain me to say, you cannot tell me that that bad call i what allowed Vick to complete his next 6 or 7 passes in a row.

It did change the tone of the game, but it should not have. No matter what, the Eagles still had to drive a long way, and should not have been allowed to do so.

That tone change is on our D, not the refs. Deflation on that scale is not acceptable five minutes into a game, no matter how bad the call is.

~Bang

Archived