Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Gore says victorious 49ers 'knocked the fight out of' Eagles

tr1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822e8e01/article/gore-says-victorious-49ers-knocked-the-fight-out-of-eagles?module=HP11_headline_stack

Frank Gore paints a distressing picture of the Philadelphia Eagles.

In the wake of Philly squandering a 20-point lead in Sunday's 24-23 loss to San Francisco, the 49ers' workhorse running back characterized the Eagles as quitters.

"I think playing that second half and the way we came out, the Eagles didn't want to play no more," Gore said Friday on ESPN's "First Take."

Philly is no "Dream Team," according to Gore, but a head-in-the-clouds operation that lost its desire to compete.

"We just kept pounding and kept pounding and making plays, and we kind of knocked the fight out of them," Gore said.

Disturbing times for Eagles fans, but, of course, this is Gore's take on the world. Philly quarterback Michael Vick has a different view.

"I don't think the team quit," Vick told reporters when informed of Gore's comments. "We put up an effort for four quarters. He can say that. We can't dwell on last week."

Vick also made it clear earlier this week: This team has abandoned the silly nickname that Vince Young saddled them with, and Vick believes the Eagles can turn it around. Still, we can't help but wonder how much time they have to rescue a campaign that appears lost at sea.

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

It's been very quiet around ES without any Eagle or Puke fans contributing.

I wonder why...

interesting games next week....i will be the first to say that Dallas has a less then good chance of winning @ NE.....Giants have Buffalo............and with Eli turning into a turnover machine, that looks like a Buffalo win. THEN there is the Skins at home VS the very over rated and "in big trouble" Eagles.......Dammit if the Skins cant leave next week behind with a real strong hold on the division. Crystal ball says:

Skins 4-1

Giants 3-3

Dallas 2-3

Eagles 1-5

Enjoy it Skins fans....as much pain as it gives me it is a real possibility....and that 1-5 start could end the Eagles chances and Fat Andy Reid's caching career in Philly......and i happen to think he is a good coach, but as a Cowboys fan....and i know Skins fans can relate.....this is no way to build a team or win a title

and on another note. I know most of ya'll hate me, especially of late, but my HS team imma part of (defense asst) won a big game this weekend and upped our record to 4-2 and we are now in the drivers seat for the playoffs with 3 straight winnable games before a week 10 match up VS county rival and State 4A champion front runners...*and CB Kevin Barnes School* Old Mill........most likely we will play week 10 @ Old Mill and turn around to play them in the first round of the playoffs.

Next week it will only take the Skins putting up the first 14 points and the Eagles will give up. This is the worst Eagles team I have seen since the Doug Pederson days... lol I almost spit my beer out when Parker jumped on 4th and 1 ... my 10 year old son knows better than that- especially when they just had the punt team on and pulled them off.

Next week Skins 28 - Overrated Prima-donnas- 16 -

If you guys lose to us I will put my sig on bet that the NFCE will not win a playoff game - one and done for all these overrated teams then - cause we suck and if your team cant beat this team then good luck vs. good teams like GB and NO - hell even SF!!!

The Eagles were down by 21 at one point and roared back before yet another turnover cost them a shot to tie the game. That doesn't seem like a team that quit. They seem flawed and I love to watch them lose, but i didn't see any quit in them today.

I'm not ****y about next week at all. If we happen to beat them, it will put a nail in their coffin and provide us with some great revenge (on a body bag level), but I'm nervous about the game for sure.

The Eagles were down by 21 at one point and roared back before yet another turnover cost them a shot to tie the game. That doesn't seem like a team that quit. They seem flawed and I love to watch them lose, but i didn't see any quit in them today.

I'm not ****y about next week at all. If we happen to beat them, it will put a nail in their coffin and provide us with some great revenge (on a body bag level), but I'm nervous about the game for sure.

Agree.

Anyone thinking we'll walk over the Eagles is being silly. This will be a tough game

Agree.

Anyone thinking we'll walk over the Eagles is being silly. This will be a tough game

Agreed, as much as I want to think otherwise...

Rex scares me, and Haslett has a tendency to go ape**** with the blitzing. The Eagles secondary, plus their offenses quick-strike capability which gets even more dangerous if you blitz and don't get home, has me worried as well.

Next week it will only take the Skins putting up the first 14 points and the Eagles will give up. This is the worst Eagles team I have seen since the Doug Pederson days... lol I almost spit my beer out when Parker jumped on 4th and 1 ... my 10 year old son knows better than that- especially when they just had the punt team on and pulled them off.

Next week Skins 28 - Overrated Prima-donnas- 16 -

If you guys lose to us I will put my sig on bet that the NFCE will not win a playoff game - one and done for all these overrated teams then - cause we suck and if your team cant beat this team then good luck vs. good teams like GB and NO - hell even SF!!!

I hope your right about that score. Our D is carrying our team this year.

Agree.

The Eagles are putting up an insane stat line in every loss. But, weird turnovers and missed chip shot field goals. I see a Team that could just as easily be 4-1.

The genuine concern for the Eagles as I see it is their linebackers and safeties. Maybe the worst in the league. We should be able to run it on them, however if they get an early lead it could be another long day.

When their offense decides to stop making dumb mistakes they are going to hang 48 points and 500 yards on someone. I hope that day doesnt come against us.

Agreed, as much as I want to think otherwise...

Rex scares me, and Haslett has a tendency to go ape**** with the blitzing. The Eagles secondary, plus their offenses quick-strike capability which gets even more dangerous if you blitz and don't get home, has me worried as well.

I agree, but I'm not too worried about Has and his overagressive blitzes this week. He does his cover 0 look when the offense comes out with 2 or 3 receivers. The Eagles like to put four receivers on the field a LOT. That would prevent the cover 0 look.

Archived