Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its Official - The NFCE is overrated ( Eagles tops in this department)

In The Barrel

After watching the last three weeks I can easily make the prediction that all of the NFCE teams are a bit overrated. I would say the Redskins are the least, and my team the Eagles the most - but the Division as a whole was suppose to be strong and i dont think they are. All of these teams can hang with any team , but the difference is the sloppiness and inconsistency they all have in executing all 4 quarters. All of these teams have glaring issues at Oline and QB IMO. Which doesnt bode well against some of the match-ups coming up the next 6 weeks. Plus we will bludgeon each other.

I am thinking that the Cowboys and Giants will give fits to teams and pull out some wins they shouldn't - just because of their experience at QB ( sometimes bad - but sometimes clutch) . Skins will win some based on solid game plan and no turnovers and Eagles will win some on outscoring - but winning against solid teams like GB, Saints and even Detroit will be tough. I think we will only get 1 team coming out of our Division. With the NFCS and NFCN possibly getting the WCs. Dont think I see any SuperBowl quality teams just yet, but that might change over next month....Thoughts?

I don't know if overrated is the right word. I think all four teams are competitive, but have big time flaws.

The Redskins just don't have enough talent on offense. They are improved defensively though and will hang close in most games.

The Cowboys defense is much better this year and their skill players are good, but their OL is awful and their QB is very prone to making big time mistakes.

The Eagles have outstanding talent everywhere...except at OL and LB where they may have the weakest in the NFL. They also can't stop the run and their best players are all injury prone.

The Giants are probably the most solid team in the division top to bottom. Unfortunately they've been crushed by injuries.

If anything the NFC East is the best division in football this year. The only division that rivals us is the NFC North and they have a win-less team at the moment. I don't think we have any elite teams, but it does not mean we can't make a run in the playoffs. The Eagles played the Packers tough the last two times they met. Dallas and Redskins always give the Sean Payton Saints fits. Overrated??? Eagles are the only team performing under expectations at the moment. Basically it is going to be a dogfight all year in the NFC East and if we don't get a wildcard slot its because everyone beat up on each other in this division. I see every team with a 8-8 record or better right now...

I don't know if overrated is the right word. I think all four teams are competitive, but have big time flaws.

The Redskins just don't have enough talent on offense. They are improved defensively though and will hang close in most games.

The Cowboys defense is much better this year and their skill players are good, but their OL is awful and their QB is very prone to making big time mistakes.

The Eagles have outstanding talent everywhere...except at OL and LB where they may have the weakest in the NFL. They also can't stop the run and their best players are all injury prone.

The Giants are probably the most solid team in the division top to bottom. Unfortunately they've been crushed by injuries.

This is pretty spot on. I'll add that Manning is probably the most inconsistent player I've seen. He can throw 4 TD and I wouldnt be suprised one bit. He can throw 4 picks and I wouldnt be suprised one bit.

The Redskins are just the same ol' Redskins until they prove otherwise. They have a defense that can keep them in games for probably 13/16 games. And it will be up to whether the offense can reduce the mistakes and make the few big game-changing plays.

The Giants are still decent but on their way down.

The Cowboys & Eagles are both overrated, but in 2011, the Eagles much more.

You fools should have recognized the superiority of the NFC North and the NFC South a LONG time ago. Come ****ing on. How can you overlook Green Bay, Detroit, Minny(with Favre), Chicago even their ****ty O-line, Saints, Falcons, and Bucs.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 04:15 PM ----------

If anything the NFC East is the best division in football this year. The only division that rivals us is the NFC North and they have a win-less team at the moment. I don't think we have any elite teams, but it does not mean we can't make a run in the playoffs. The Eagles played the Packers tough the last two times they met. Dallas and Redskins always give the Sean Payton Saints fits. Overrated??? Eagles are the only team performing under expectations at the moment. Basically it is going to be a dogfight all year in the NFC East and if we don't get a wildcard slot its because everyone beat up on each other in this division. I see every team with a 8-8 record or better right now...

Even with their crappy Vikings, the combined might of Chicago, Green Bay, and Detroit overwhelms the NFC East easily. The Packers cannot be stopped. The Lions have the BEST ****ing DT in the game, one of the best WR-QB combos, and a damn good coach. Chicago is right on par or even slightly better than the Giants. Hell, even the Vikings can make a good game of it thanks to Adrian ****ing Peterson.

You fools should have recognized the superiority of the NFC North and the NFC South a LONG time ago. Come ****ing on. How can you overlook Green Bay, Detroit, Minny(with Favre), Chicago even their ****ty O-line, Saints, Falcons, and Bucs.

Even with their crappy Vikings, the combined might of Chicago, Green Bay, and Detroit overwhelms the NFC East easily. The Packers cannot be stopped. The Lions have the BEST ****ing DT in the game, one of the best WR-QB combos, and a damn good coach. Chicago is right on par or even slightly better than the Giants. Hell, even the Vikings can make a good game of it thanks to Adrian ****ing Peterson.

Green Bay can't be stopped? That's what people said about New England(who was dominating on a whole different level compared to what GB is doing now) back in 06-07, and how'd that turn out? Every team in the NFL can be beaten on any day. Heck the Panthers had them on the ropes for awhile.

Green Bay can't be stopped? That's what people said about New England(who was dominating on a whole different level compared to what GB is doing now) back in 06-07, and how'd that turn out? Every team in the NFL can be beaten on any day. Heck the Panthers had them on the ropes for awhile.

Look up hyperbole in the dictionary. The literal sense of 19-0 WAS NOT INTENDED, buster.

BWAHAHAHAH!!! :rotflmao:

The exact same thing was being said about the Eagles last November and December lol...

The exact same thing was being said about the Cowboys in 2007 lol...

I'm sure more than a few said the exact same thing about the Patriots this year lol...

Let's see, their QB will have a catastrophic dropoff in play. Not happening.

Clay Matthews suddenly forgets how to rush the passer. Nope

BJ Raji becomes 200 lbs. Nope

Greg Jennings will sudden be frozen in 2 weeks. Nope.

Tramon Williams can no longer cover. Nope.

Let's see, their QB will have a catastrophic dropoff in play. Not happening.

Clay Matthews suddenly forgets how to rush the passer. Nope

BJ Raji becomes 200 lbs. Nope

Greg Jennings will sudden be frozen in 2 weeks. Nope.

Tramon Williams can no longer cover. Nope.

The players don't have to have some mysterious drop in talent for the Packers to be stopped. The problem is, too many fans take on a ridiculously simplistic approach to the teams playing really well and fawn over them as if they've never watched an NFL team perform at this level before.

The reason the Packers can be "stopped" is because they are not as good as you think they are. No team ever is. They ARE good...just not to the level you are assigning to them.

The NFC North and NFC South were the 2 best divisions in the NFC over the last 2 seasons, but before that the NFC East had the crown for many years and we will regain it this season. This will be settled at the end of the year since we match up against the NFC North this year and it starts this week in the Girls-Lions game I hope the Girls lose, but if they win then I told you so. The Packers are good, but we beat em last year and the Eagles challenged them twice (gave em more of a run for the money than the Steelers and Bears). The winner of this division will be battle tested and ready for playoff football.

To me the only thing to gain from being the best division is if you are at the top of that division. Being perennial basement dwellers doesn't make your team any better just because there are weaker divisions. "Yay, we're in the best division in the NFC!...Woo, but we can't beat the other teams in them!...Yee, it's almost like we're rooting for them to make us look better somehow....hmmm, wait a tick." I personally don't get it. Then you have the NFC West, and that's just ugly. I guess I'd rather root for a bottom dweller of a good division than have a shot at #1 in a horrible one.:whoknows: Sigh.

Look up hyperbole in the dictionary. The literal sense of 19-0 WAS NOT INTENDED, buster.

I didn't say it was either. You stated the Packers cannot be stopped, and everyone was saying the same about the 06-07 Pats around playoff time, and they lost when it counted. "Cannot be stopped" means a championship to me, if that's not how you intended it we can drop it.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

The players don't have to have some mysterious drop in talent for the Packers to be stopped. The problem is, too many fans take on a ridiculously simplistic approach to the teams playing really well and fawn over them as if they've never watched an NFL team perform at this level before.

The reason the Packers can be "stopped" is because they are not as good as you think they are. No team ever is. They ARE good...just not to the level you are assigning to them.

Exactly, excellent post.

And while the Packers do have a ton of good players, I'm still not completely sold on their O-line and RB's. They can be beaten up front by the right front 7. As some Cowboy teams of the recent past have found out, all the weapons in the world don't mean anything if you can't win the battle in the trentches.

The NFC North and NFC South were the 2 best divisions in the NFC over the last 2 seasons, but before that the NFC East had the crown for many years and we will regain it this season. This will be settled at the end of the year since we match up against the NFC North this year and it starts this week in the Girls-Lions game I hope the Girls lose, but if they win then I told you so. The Packers are good, but we beat em last year and the Eagles challenged them twice (gave em more of a run for the money than the Steelers and Bears). The winner of this division will be battle tested and ready for playoff football.

Regain the crown this year? Are you serious? We beat the Packers because with a whole a lot of luck. Need I remind you, we WERE STILL 6-10. 6-10 is not on the level of Super Bowl Champions. EVER. If you actually bothered to ANALYSE the goddamn teams instead of just your "gut", you'd have noticed that the Packers have a juggernaut offense and a damn good defense.

Meanwhile, in the NFC South, you've got the Saints and Breesus back in form. Atlanta is dangerous, and the Bucs are young and improving every week. Hell, even Carolina won't be that bad with Newton.

Meanwhile, the teams in the NFC East have changed from last season, and it seems that it has gottent worse. Michael Vick is "chilled out" and played relatively poorly. That "dream defense" is very beatable and the secondary far from shutdown. The Giants are ravaged by injuries on D, no longer have O'Hara, and have an inconsistent QB who will cough up games. Tony Romo sits to pee is the same choking dog(but he's on a "hot streak", and Rex Grossman is Jekyll/Hyde.

And while the Packers do have a ton of good players, I'm still not completely sold on their O-line and RB's. They can be beaten up front by the right front 7. As some Cowboy teams of the recent past have found out, all the weapons in the world don't mean anything if you can't win the battle in the trentches.

I did not trust our O-line two years ago, but I think we've addressed it pretty well. Chad Clifton is still playing at a high level at LT (though I will say I'm worried he may not finish the season at that level). T.J. Lang had a really good rookie season spelling and filling in for injuries at the tackle positions. With two years under his belt, he's a solid Guard who will get a false-start here and there as its his first year as a starter. Scott Wells has been nothing but solid in his tenure here. Josh Sitton is arguably the best Guard in the league. Bryan Bulaga has played great at RT.

The only thing that worries me is depth. We didn't miss a beat shipping Colledge out and starting Lang, but that did lessen our depth a great deal as Lang was someone who could come in and play solid at Tackle or Guard on either side. Marshall Newhouse looked pretty good filling in for Bryan Bulaga when he went down against the Bears, but I fear he won't be Mr. Consistency after his preseason performance (though its possible it was a result of playing with other backups). Derrick Sherrod didn't look very good in preseason and has a lot of growing to do before I'll trust him. It would have been nice to get him an offseason to learn, but hopefully he can pick things up as the season progresses. Evan Dietrich-Smith is the only other backup, and he's expected to backup at all three interior line positions. He didn't make our team last year and lost out to UDFA Nick McDonald, but he took back his roster spot this season, so maybe he's better, but I'm less than confident in him.

Archived