Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Fitzgerald's Bomb won that game for the Redskins

skinfan2k

Weird I thought Gano's field goal won the game for the 'Skins...? Haha just kidding.

However I do think this game shows why the NFL brand of football is a game of inches. If somehow Gano pushes that field goal wide, no one would be talking about how our offense put up almost 500 yards of offense. Or how our defense for second week in a row shut down the majority of would-be 3rd down conversions attempted by The Cardinals. Nope, it would be all about how bad Rex Grossman was in the first quarter, how awful D Hall is etc etc etc......

This era of the NFL is so week to week. Just cause you look good one week against one team, it doesn't mean much for the following week. Every game is it's own entity.

??? We wouldn't have needed the added time if they hadn't scored.

Facepalm of the year....

but they did score. lol. i love when you guys are actually bringing up hypotheticals but the fact is that their score allow the redskins to drive the ball twice down the field in the 7:55 left on the clock after their score

??? We wouldn't have needed the added time if they hadn't scored.

Facepalm of the year....

I see your argument here and I actually agree of course. You don't let them score, you take the ball back and you score, that's what football is. But he is right in that a fact remains here. The Redskins had enough time to score twice from that quick strike instead of having to wait for Arizona to finish their drive. You can't claim they would have killed clock, because they took a strike deep. They weren't looking for a field goal. This is actually a pointless thread all in all.

Archived