Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the Players Take "Victory Monday" Today?

Bliz

With all the attention paid last week to the decision to forego "Victory Monday" and get right back to work, and what it says about the leadership on this team etc. etc. etc. I was surprised not to hear anything about it either way today (which makes me think the players got the day off). We already have an extra day to prepare for Dallass, but...it's Dallass. No such thing as too much preparation. And we obviously still have some kinks to work out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing them for taking the day off if they did. They deserve it. Just curious. Anyone hear anything on twitter or whatever?

I think on one of the post game interviews yesterday, coach said they were definitely taking the day off because of the extra day we get playing Monday night.

I think Hightower probably needs it most. Heard they had to throw him out of the film room last week, send him home to sleep because he was spending so much time there.

LL56 said he should play Monday.

He said Laron should be ready for Monday too. Then the comments started flying about him breaking a few more of Romo sits to pee's ribs because he doesn't like him.

Best comment of the day on Twitter so far is someone posted: "I hate the Cowboys so much I painted a star on the bottom of my toilet so I can crap on them every day."

I love Twitter!!!!

Glad to hear they took the day off. There were a couple times yesterday I thought to myself that some of the guys looked a little worn out. And this was early in the game. No way of knowing if this truly was the case or not, but just my observation. They've been going hard since the week leading up to the giants game, and without having any real days of rest in there it wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys truly were worn down. I hope they have a relaxing day off today, get back to studying film on Tuesday, and then hit the field on Wednesday. Time to bring back the days of the Redskins pounding the **** out of the cowboys! **** dallas!

Archived