Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 1

ACW

are_you_ready_for_some_football.jpg

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

My picks (join my Pick'em if you haven't):

Packers

All home teams except for Eagles, Falcons, Giants :(

Jets

Patriots

Broncos

:beavisnbutthead:

"Back to Footbaw"

Seriously, why is the NFL making such a big deal out of all of this? When the NHL came back from a lockout, I understood why they said THANK YOU FANS on the ice. But the NFL didn't even lock out for a whole season. It was just the offseason. We know football is coming back. The NFL acts like it went away, like it was gone for a year or something; it never did go away.

So stop with that bull**** slogan, because it's ridiculously stupid.

"Back to Footbaw"

Seriously, why is the NFL making such a big deal out of all of this? When the NHL came back from a lockout, I understood why they said THANK YOU FANS on the ice. But the NFL didn't even lock out for a whole season. It was just the offseason. We know football is coming back. The NFL acts like it went away, like it was gone for a year or something; it never did go away.

I understand the sentiment, but don't they have that same slogan every year?

As for my picks:

Packers

Steelers

Falcons

Browns

Texans

Titans

Chiefs

Rams (booya baby, Eagles 0-1)

Bucs

Cardinals

Chargers

Seahawks

Redskins

Jets

Patriots

Broncos

Why do I suddenly feel so tired?

Maybe it's because I just looked over the schedule. Only 4 games stand out, and one of them is today.

Whoa, San Fran - Seattle. Carroll - Harbaugh go at it in the debut. Must see TV

Fantasy football=all games matter :)

TTgjTASDgbM&hd=1

"Back to Footbaw"

uh...remember how early in the summer many people were worried that the owners and players would drag the lockout on and on and on, and the season wouldnt happen? thats why they are making a big deal about it, and they should. i think they have a right to do that, cause they are happy.

uh...remember how early in the summer many people were worried that the owners and players would drag the lockout on and on and on, and the season wouldnt happen? thats why they are making a big deal about it, and they should. i think they have a right to do that, cause they are happy.

I remember, but I also remember THAT THE ISSUE WAS RESOLVED AND NO GAMES WERE CUT EXCEPT THE HOF GAME

I would have no problem with them doing it if they pulled that crap after they lost 8 games or a whole season, but they didn't lose any games except the HOF one. That's why "Back to Football" is stupid.

I remember, but I also remember THAT THE ISSUE WAS RESOLVED AND NO GAMES WERE CUT EXCEPT THE HOF GAME

I would have no problem with them doing it if they pulled that crap after they lost 8 games or a whole season, but they didn't lose any games except the HOF one. That's why "Back to Football" is stupid.

"Back to football" could mean "We're done with arguing, suing, counter-suing, debating in the press, and having millionaires fighting billionaires".

Let's face it, even though we didn't lose any games, we DID spend an entire offseason talking about damn near nothing but lawsuits and who is more to "blame" for the lockout. Every ****ing football fan started saying "ENOUGH!!!" the longer that **** dragged out. Everyone--players, coaches, owners, and DEFINITELY fans--just wanted the simple, pure pleasure of football to return, minus all the financial drama and asinine arguments in the media (Adrian Peterson equating himself to a "slave" ring any bells? lol)...

So, yeah, I think "Back to football" is exceptionally appropriate.

I don't think that was ever in doubt. We just held him out of preseason to avoid unnecessary injury risk (Todd Haley could learn a thing or two from McCarthy)
Good to know for sure; I got him on one of my fantasy teams.

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 08:12 PM ----------

Goodell thinks 18 game season is still viable
ACW thinks Goodell is a moron.

Archived