Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beck looks very good Between the 20's

Dat Moss

I am a huge supporter of our boy Rex and really was counting on him being the starter. Beck looked really good tonight but he also had a very strong running game to help him. The thing that really worried me was that he could not get anything done inside the red zone. Did anyone else notice this? We need to be able to punch it in on those long drives.
Rex also had a strong run game working for his game.

On 2nd down in 2 of Beck's redzone trips an OT got beat and gave up a quick sack.

IIRC Jamaal Brown was beat by Freeny on one series then Trent Williams missed a cut-block on another series.

Both resulted in 3rd and long and Mike/Kyle played it safe with a run play and a screen pass.

Well...

The thread title, "Beck looks very good Between the 20's". First of all, that's a backhanded compliment. So the start of your thread is actually putting Beck down. Then, you seem to ignore the fact that Rex Grossman produced quite similarly to Beck last week. Furthermore, you completely omit the fact that the Redskins' M.O. is to shut down when inside the red zone. This has been a major problem for seasons... seasons! Oh, you also forgot to mention that all of this is happening during preseason which basically means nothing.

That is all.

Well, Seasons n Season don't mean too much when we have had our Head Coach for a year and these QBs were never competing for a starting position until this offseason. I respect your opinion, but it would have been much easier for you to just say it in the beggining rather than being a condecending fool!

---------- Post added August-19th-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

Rex also had a strong run game working for his game.

On 2nd down in 2 of Beck's redzone trips an OT got beat and gave up a quick sack.

IIRC Jamaal Brown was beat by Freeny on one series then Trent Williams missed a cut-block on another series.

Both resulted in 3rd and long and Mike/Kyle played it safe with a run play and a screen pass.

Very good point, but pressure is always coming harder in the red zone, gotta pull the trigger quick..... On a side note, beck is much more nimble on his feet than I ever imagined

Very good point, but pressure is always coming harder in the red zone, gotta pull the trigger quick..... On a side note, beck is much more nimble on his feet than I ever imagined

Thank you, my point is that when an OL gets beat clean and gives up quick/pressure sack its not the QBs fault.

How come everyone is surprised by Beck's movement skills?

Well, Seasons n Season don't mean too much when we have had our Head Coach for a year and these QBs were never competing for a starting position until this offseason. I respect your opinion, but it would have been much easier for you to just say it in the beggining rather than being a condecending fool!

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as condescending.

I just feel like threads such as these are very reactionary and that's not speaking directly to you. I think you made a valid point but it is valid to every Redskins team and QB going back to Zorn, perhaps even before. This includes Senior Dragon, Mr. Sexy Rexy. We have historically had problems punching it in inside the 20. This is a real issue. Aside from any sort of QB competition or any players making the team, we first need to solve the problem of scoring TD's.

I don't think either QB performed better than the other. I was happy with both as far as preseason is concerned. Both showed the inability to put it in the end zone. However, that doesn't matter because it's still preseason.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as condescending.

I just feel like threads such as these are very reactionary and that's not speaking directly to you. I think you made a valid point but it is valid to every Redskins team and QB going back to Zorn, perhaps even before. This includes Senior Dragon, Mr. Sexy Rexy. We have historically had problems punching it in inside the 20. This is a real issue. Aside from any sort of QB competition or any players making the team, we first need to solve the problem of scoring TD's.

I don't think either QB performed better than the other. I was happy with both as far as preseason is concerned. Both showed the inability to put it in the end zone. However, that doesn't matter because it's still preseason.

No Biggy man... Crazy thing is, it is widely believed that a good tight end will help your red zone offense big time.. We have two of them on our team, but.........?

One thing to note:

There is virtually no difference between Grossman's TD pass and Becks pass to Gaffney. The only real difference in the plays is that Moss spun in from the goal line and Gaffney was stopped.

There was a big difference

Grossmans pass was like 7 yards out and moss made someone miss for the td.

Becks pass was a 18 yard drive to the 1 yard line.

We got a TD our first drive...

And you could have said the same thing last week with Rex. Definitely something we need to work on.

points on the first drive of the the game let alone touchdowns are always huge, gotta be able to take advantage of the other team before they make their adjustmends

Archived