Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beck looks very good Between the 20's

Dat Moss

I am a huge supporter of our boy Rex and really was counting on him being the starter. Beck looked really good tonight but he also had a very strong running game to help him. The thing that really worried me was that he could not get anything done inside the red zone. Did anyone else notice this? We need to be able to punch it in on those long drives.

It had certainly been a problem for our team for too long. We got the td on the first drive but that was cause we were sitting on the inch line. I dont know what happens to our team when we get in the red zone the wheels come off the bus.

I can't remember exact situations, but I seem to recall some penalties in the red zone that kind of blew up the rhythm and created some awkward situations that weren't really conducive to a "true" evaluation of him in that area. Seemed like we ended up running a bunch down there and I think I recall a draw play on a 3rd and long following a penalty. And, obv, after Gaffney fell a bit short on the first drive, we were just going to pound it in there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just felt like we got ourselves into awkard situations inside the 20.

I did want to see him test the deep 3rd which didn't happen. However, it was tough to tell if it was play calls, guys not getting open, or whatever. It looked like he was looking at deeper routes then coming back short, though. Maybe he was afraid to pull the trigger in marginal spots? Whatever it was, I did want to see him at least test the waters. Overall, though, a very good performance and maybe the other stuff will come as he gets a little more confident.

I am a huge supporter of our boy Rex and really was counting on him being the starter. Beck looked really good tonight but he also had a very strong running game to help him. The thing that really worried me was that he could not get anything done inside the red zone. Did anyone else notice this? We need to be able to punch it in on those long drives.

You downplay Becks performance by attributing his success to the running game. Yet, it was that same running game last week that helped Rex's performance. As far as the troubles in the redzone go, Im not worried at this point. Its just to small of a sample size to get worried yet. Just my opinion.

The more I think about it, I say we should probably go with the QB who will make the least mistakes. I believe our D is going to come together this year and we can be a team that runs the ball and relys on the D. I might be swaying to the Beck side. Somebody has to figure out how to get the dam ball in the endzone still tho

The more I think about it, I say we should probably go with the QB who will make the least mistakes. I believe our D is going to come together this year and we can be a team that runs the ball and relys on the D. I might be swaying to the Beck side. Somebody has to figure out how to get the dam ball in the endzone still tho

No, don't back down now! You just released a thought a few minutes ago.

He managed the game well. I was impressed with his performance. I liked that he was sacked and didn't once turn the ball over. I liked that he could scramble, and make plays with his feet. I didn't see a long ball, but Indy plays two safety's (Tampa 2). The Skins had a good game plan, but didn't show much flash. I don't know if I saw any drops in the 1st half. I did in the 2nd, but the 1st team looks so much more solid than last year.

I have to admit, I thought Beck was gonna suck, so anything he does is positive by me. Either way, the Skins are gonna win or lose based on the running game (IMO). They need a game manager this season.

Thats deep, I'm really not even sure what you are getting at here?

Well...

The thread title, "Beck looks very good Between the 20's". First of all, that's a backhanded compliment. So the start of your thread is actually putting Beck down. Then, you seem to ignore the fact that Rex Grossman produced quite similarly to Beck last week. Furthermore, you completely omit the fact that the Redskins' M.O. is to shut down when inside the red zone. This has been a major problem for seasons... seasons! Oh, you also forgot to mention that all of this is happening during preseason which basically means nothing.

That is all.

Archived