Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Tweets 8/10/11

StillUnknown

Quote Originally Posted by Soup View Post

fauxjohnmadden Faux John Madden

Rex Grossman says Redskins will win NFC East, prompting Roger Goodell to suspend Grossman for violating the leagues drug policy.

Without question the funniest thing ever posted!

We're trying to get younger as a team. If Neild shows some talent as a run stuff Kelly Gregg type, then he needs to make the 53 man roster. As others have said, Coefield can slide to DE and I don't view him as a true nose anyways. If we have a young NT on the roster that shows any long-term potential, you can't risk putting him on the PS and having him go through waivers.

He was the 2nd to last pick in the draft. I don't really understand why everyone thinks none of our rookies would clear waivers. Other teams have their own rookies to worry about.

it killed my iphone battery but it was fun was right up on the fence able to see everything. The 2nd half was down on the field and was tougher to see

So whats your take on this years team? STBC put together what I thought was a nice op ed piece. You gonna put together a tidbit pertaining to what your eyes perceived from todays TC experience for us "geographically challenged"? Or are you to chicken :D

gob.gif

So whats your take on this years team? STBC put together what I thought was a nice op ed piece. You gonna put together a tidbit pertaining to what your eyes perceived from todays TC experience for us "geographically challenged"? Or are you to chicken :D

:ols: I'll try to get one written up tonight if thats okay with everyone. got a couple of things to do this afternoon

That's true, but given that he's a NT the position alone makes him more valuable

I would think if there was a demand for him he would have been drafted before that pick. If he fails to impress enough to make what was one of if not the worst 3-4 team in the league I doubt his stock will rise to such a degree that another team will sign him to their active roster. You also have to remember that he wouldn't have anytime to learn the new that's system. He would either need to light the league on fire or another team would be very desperate to claim him on waivers. If he doesn't show enough to make our 53 I think we can stash him on the ps for a bit. That all being said hopefully he plays well enough to give our coaches some tough decisions to make.

I would think if there was a demand for him he would have been drafted before that pick. If he fails to impress enough to make what was one of if not the worst 3-4 team in the league I doubt his stock will rise to such a degree that another team will sign him to their active roster. You also have to remember that he wouldn't have anytime to learn the new that's system. He would either need to light the league on fire or another team would be very desperate to claim him on waivers. If he doesn't show enough to make our 53 I think we can stash him on the ps for a bit. That all being said hopefully he plays well enough to give our coaches some tough decisions to make.

Eh, I suppose you're right and we should not worry too much about losing him. Hopefully he plays well enough so not to worry about it like you said.

He was the 2nd to last pick in the draft. I don't really understand why everyone thinks none of our rookies would clear waivers. Other teams have their own rookies to worry about.

Yeah, but this happens every year. And there hasn't even been a preseason game yet. But how many people fretted over how the team could not cut Marcus Mason (two years running) or Selvish Capers or whomever. Par for the course.

Yeah, but this happens every year. And there hasn't even been a preseason game yet. But how many people fretted over how the team could not cut Marcus Mason (two years running) or Selvish Capers or whomever. Par for the course.

We also cut Antonio Dixon who was undrafted and tried to get him to the PS, but the Eagles claimed him and started 10 games at DT last year for them. You don't cut young players at premium positions if the show promise to keep a journeyman type around.

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 09:46 PM ----------

If he looks terrible then you cut him. But considering the position he plays, if she shows any promise this preseason, a team will notice and will claim him if we cut him. Guaranteed. GM's at that point will look at film and not care when he was drafted.

If he looks terrible then you cut him. But considering the position he plays, if she shows any promise this preseason, a team will notice and will claim him if we cut him. Guaranteed. GM's at that point will look at film and not care when he was drafted.

Call Neild "she" to his face. I dare you :silly:

Based on the reports from camp, sounds like he's still pretty raw. I imagine that's what will show up on the film.

But my comment wasn't so much about Neild specifically. There have been a few threads where the idea of Neild, Robinson, Paul, etc. going on the PS brings a flood of comments about how there's no way they would clear waivers. Like someone else said, we aren't exactly reputed to have the deepest core of talent. I have no reason to assume everyone would be so infatuated with all of our late draft pick rookies. Particularly since signing someone off the PS automatically counts against your 53, you better have a LOT of confidence that player will be a stud, and will help you this season.

seems like Grossman is starting to come into his own in camp.... appears to be getting better and better each day.....

of course he can only get as good as Rex Grossman can get, but I think he wins the competition and starts week 1....

We also cut Antonio Dixon who was undrafted and tried to get him to the PS, but the Eagles claimed him and started 10 games at DT last year for them. You don't cut young players at premium positions if the show promise to keep a journeyman type around.

There will always be exceptions. Dixon was a bad cut by the Skins. But saying you don't cut premium positions is a big of a stretch. What about QBs? This team has cut guys like Chase Daniel and Jordan Palmer. Both have found homes in the NFL - but neither have shown anything. Colt Brennan was cut (and was a past fan favorite) and vanished. Marko Mitchell (another fan favorite) was cut and disappeared.

You cut enough guys, some of them will come back to haunt you. But most will not be missed and most will be overrated on boards like these. Neild's position is irrelevant. If Neild was such a premium he wouldn't have last until the second to last pick. It's talent, not position, that matters.

Archived