Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free season tickets for 2011 season if you sign up for 5 years.

stoney26

Got an email today from redskins to saying they are giving away season tickets for this year, if you sign up for 5 more years. Club level. All you have to do this year is buy parking pass and I think taxes. I asked how much I would have to pay in 2012 for my seats and he said somewhere in the 7k range. Must buy two tix. There is no way I'm taking up that offer but just thought I'd put it out there. 4% cap on tix increase over the 5 years. So no locked in price.

No way I'm doing it. I'd rather just buy tickets off craigslist to the games i want to go to and I have a great scheme on doing it. Just wait about 2-3 hours before kick off, or an hour if you don't tailgate, call all the people on craigslist that haven't sold tickets, and then low ball them. Tell them "hey, game starts in an hour, might as well get what you can for them now." worked like a charm the past couple years. Sorry if this is taking advantage but hey, I'm not trying to make friend while buying skins tickets.

Anyways anyone taking up this offer? might be just for ex club level sear holders. Got scammed into buying them one year after I drove 2 hours to pick a seat day, just to find out they were sold out and all they had were club. Oh well. You live and you learn.

Yeah, I got both the e-mail and also something in the regular mail today about it. Both say "a number of game-day enhancements will be ready for 2011, including:

* A larger than life Redskins History Wall, measuring 100 feet wide and 12 feet tall, recounting key periods of Redskins history through the decades. (comment: this sounds cool.....I'm wondering if this in on the club level, since the e-mail/mail were addressed to premium club)

* Addition of more ticket takers, supervisors, ushers, and other staff to get you into the stadium more quickly, and to promptly address any game day issues

*Enhanced in-seat waiter/waitress service

*All restrooms will now have attendants throughout the game

*Complimentary Redskins FanVision handheld devices to view replays, fantasy football updates, and scores from around the League

Yeah, I got both the e-mail and also something in the regular mail today about it. Both say "a number of game-day enhancements will be ready for 2011, including:

* A larger than life Redskins History Wall, measuring 100 feet wide and 12 feet tall, recounting key periods of Redskins history through the decades. (comment: this sounds cool.....I'm wondering if this in on the club level, since the e-mail/mail were addressed to premium club)

* Addition of more ticket takers, supervisors, ushers, and other staff to get you into the stadium more quickly, and to promptly address any game day issues

*Enhanced in-seat waiter/waitress service

*All restrooms will now have attendants throughout the game

*Complimentary Redskins FanVision handheld devices to view replays, fantasy football updates, and scores from around the League

I bet all of these things are club level only. I wonder what sort of enhancements they have for us Joe Twelve Packs in the Upper and Lower Levels?

I bet all of these things are club level only. I wonder what sort of enhancements they have for us Joe Twelve Packs in the Upper and Lower Levels?

Free jerseys. Star player autographed jerseys if you buy four or more seats. Same deal as last August.

When the Skins came clean about the removal of seats/party decks, they claimed that enhancements would be in store for the lower levels in 2011 and 2012. One e-mail cited by Steinberg in the Post a few weeks back mentions a new lower-level sports bar.

I'm not going to attend the game this Friday, but would appreciate any pics people can take of this sports bar on the lower level, plus this history wall on the club level.

Oh my bad. I didn't see "club level" in the OP.

Yeah, time to get creative to fill those!

Edit: By the way, I'll be down in Mandeville, LA starting in September for 6 months! Love the New Orleans area.

Mandeville huh? Any plans to come down on the southshore and check out any Skins games in NOLA?

:ot: (sorry, but oh well, this thread doesn't really have legs anyway)

Re: in-seat waiter service

I've sat in club seats many times and I've NEVER experienced any kind of waiter service. Unless you count the usual "beer here!" guys.

So what does it mean that they are enhancing this service? It will actually exist?

I asked my rep about that a couple months ago. She said there will definitely be servers taking food and drink orders this year, and if there are not, to let her know immediately. FWIW

Ryan's pub on Decatur near canal is a great place to watch a gAme.

Thanks brotha I'll look into it. Because when I was there last year, I went to a place that was terrible (in Mandeville though)

Anywayz

I've always thought that these are the touches that the Club Level has desperately needed and deserved. There were no real incentives, well, to me anyway. Hopefully this new job in Mandeville can fill the bank up enough for me to buy a pair for next year!

I've sat in club seats many times and I've NEVER experienced any kind of waiter service. Unless you count the usual "beer here!" guys.

So what does it mean that they are enhancing this service? It will actually exist?

Levi, I know at least used to exist. I've sat in the club for 11 out of the 14 years the stadium has been up and they have always provided the menus at the seats. I never have partook in the in-seat service, but I've seen others that have. I don't know exactly how you go about placing your order....maybe its just a matter of notifying the section usher....but at some point, somebody comes up and enters your order from an electronic device, and from what I've witnessed, the food seems to get up to the person pretty quickly. The one hitch was that sometimes the person taking the order wouldn't be cognizant enough of the people sitting around them. During the 2002 opener Shane Matthews was taking the Skins down the field in the openind drive and I was having a tough time seeing it because the guy taking somebody's order was standing up and blocking the view of the field.

Maybe these complimentary devices that are allowing viewing of other games that they are providing this year can also be used to order food, if you plug in your section/row/seat.

Where's a good place? I've read about the place on Bourbon, but that's about it.

gotta be careful going to the smaller places cause if the saints are on at the same time you wil not get the skins on. I like Cooter Browns best. hundreds of beers and great food, including oysters.

edit: if you stay in the quarter, Johnny Whites is known as a skins hangout. and for the record, "the place on Bourbon" won't get ya very far ;-)

I have sat in the club seats multiple times, always have seen the waitresses, but can't remember seeing the beer here guys :ols:

I never partake in the waitress service because I assume it's more expensive than just getting it myself.

As far as free season tickets if you sign up for five :ols: :ols: :ols: That's all I can say. Club seats are going to cost you royally, even with one out of five free :)

I never partake in the waitress service because I assume it's more expensive than just getting it myself.

As far as free season tickets if you sign up for five :ols: :ols: :ols: That's all I can say. Club seats are going to cost you royally, even with one out of five free :)

Chip, I think they charge you like an additional 18 percent service fee, which I guess they take as a tip.

Yeah, even with one season out of five free, if the guy he talked to was correct and said it was going to be in the neighborhood of $7K per season......that's $28K for two seats for five years. Still comes out to around $280 per seat per game. And yet you here stories in recent years of people negotiating half-off deals on club contracts, or getting into the club for $2K per seat for one year and being able to move down from the upper to lower level after that. What crap.

I no longer see a point in even owning season tickets. The stadium, even at 82k is still too big, prices too high and the secondary market flooded.

I really don't have trouble getting cheap tickets when I want, haven't spent more then 100 dollars for club level seats in years (usually get them for 75)

I splurge once a season on dream seats.

I no longer see a point in even owning season tickets. The stadium, even at 82k is still too big, prices too high and the secondary market flooded.

I really don't have trouble getting cheap tickets when I want, haven't spent more then 100 dollars for club level seats in years (usually get them for 75)

I splurge once a season on dream seats.

I am a STH so I don't have to comb the websites, but have you noticed any difference this year in the number of tickets floating around now that there are 10K less seats?

Archived