Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we sign Noel Devine (WVU UDFA)?

JTNumber7

I hate to be such a homer, but I noticed that the Eagles just cut Devine a few days after signing him. We have a number of RB's already, but I am a big Devine fan. If he stayed healthy, I thought that he could really have produced in Philly's offense. That's one reason I am glad that they cut him. I also have heard that he may have a lingering injury.

They actually weren't going to cut him yet. He walked out on them.

Between that and the 20 lb weight gain between The Senior Bowl practices (or whatever) and the Combine, and there's something sketchy with this guy. Either way, his speed is not as advertised. I'm guessing he ran his fast 40 while extremely underweight, and then didn't run it again at the Combine because he'd put on all that weight to appear more reliable as a RB and could no longer run that fast. He tried for the best of both worlds and didn't get it, judging by his UDFA status.

No idea why he quit on the Eagles though. A smart guy would have already released a damage control statement.

The guy is from this area and he has a history of changing things. He changed colleges, he was mentoring with Deion Sanders and then that stopped, he now walked out on the Eagles. I don't understand the love affair with him, he seems slightly confused.

The guy is from this area and he has a history of changing things. He changed colleges, he was mentoring with Deion Sanders and then that stopped, he now walked out on the Eagles. I don't understand the love affair with him, he seems slightly confused.

Wait did they waive him or did he walk away on them? And I believe he was from FL.

Wait did they waive him or did he walk away on them? And I believe he was from FL.

Yeah right here in SWFL. Deion's hometown as well. He had troubles and moved in with Deion in Texas for a period and was suppose to be mentoring with him, he left that and choose WVU over FSU. I believe he still holds the florida all time yardage record for HS.

from the Eagles site......

Noel Devine completed a four-year career at West Virginia with 4,315 rushing yards and 29 touchdowns on 728 carries (5.9 average) and 98 receptions for 710 yards and two touchdowns. Devine also averaged 21.6 yards on 34 kickoff returns in his career. As such, he finished as the school’s all-time leader in all-purpose yardage with 5,761. He was also the fourth player in Big East Conference history to top the 4,000-yard rushing plateau joining fellow Mountaineers Avon Cobourne and Pat White as well as Rutgers’ Ray Rice. A native of Fort Myers, FL, and a product of North Fort Myers HS, Devine finished his high school career with 7,009 rushing yards and 92 touchdowns.

I was actually a big fan of him, watching him play. Physically he is small but he also was super strong and has the skills to be successful. However based on my cousins experiences with him at an establishment he frequented, I believe he has some character issues and that might be what's holding him back. Especially if nfl teams are finding similar stories in their bg checks

It must be quite a disapointment to go from 92 touchdowns in highschool, mentoring with a HOFer, and all of the hype he recieved in college to going undrafted and not recieving much interest. I'd imagine he's been told his whole life he is going to be the next big thing in the NFL and now he can't even get a job.

Archived