Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reading Broncos Forums, They Have No Idea Who Jarmon Is

LHSLax_D24

Why is this a surprise? He went to Kentucky, which really isn't a perennial power where football is concerned, and was drafted in the supplemental draft. I wouldn't expect a team whose fan base centers out west to be quite up on a team like that from the SEC.

Anthony Mix, Erasmus James, Marko Mitchell, that one RB who had a good training camp, that other RB who had a good training camp

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 09:45 AM ----------

Why is this a surprise? He went to Kentucky, which really isn't a perennial power where football is concerned, and was drafted in the supplemental draft. I wouldn't expect a team whose fan base centers out west to be quite up on a team like that from the SEC.

I'm a UGA fan and never heard of 'em until we got him.

I wish they'd never even had to contemplate who Jeremy Jarmon is and that they were still looking forward to Gaffney at wide out this coming year.

Hail.

Same here. Gaffney is more than likely another New England receiver who goes somewhere else and bombs. (Yes, they ran the NE offense in Denver) Has there ever been one that was successful?

Same here. Gaffney is more than likely another New England receiver who goes somewhere else and bombs. (Yes, they ran the NE offense in Denver) Has there ever been one that was successful?

I like the trade. At best we're hoping Gaffney is a #2 WR, at worst he's cut or a depth WR. If not Gaffney then it'd just some other no-name WR. Gaffney has good hands and is a possession guy. I think that can translate to any system.

There's no real reason they should know who he is

There is no reason why anyone should know who he is. He is not a 3-4 player, he would have been cut if not traded. Just another bad draft pick time to move on.

When he was drafted we were a 4-3 team....he was a developmental player who had some potential, so i'm not really sure where you're coming from on this. How exactly was he a bad draft pick? It's not like our FO new 2 years later we would move from a 4-3 to a 3-4, or we would never have drafted him. He doesn't fit in our current scheme so we got something for him instead of just cutting him.

He has done nothing, zip since being in the league. IMO I think it was just another bad pick, lets see what he does in Denver's 4-3. If he actually plays ( mind u for as bad a team as there is in the nfl) then so be it, but if he fails there, then yeah just another bad pick. Developemtal players imo should be 6 or 7th rd picks not 3-4 rd picks they need to be impact players or quality sp teams players by now.

I'm a Redskin fan and I know nothing about him too lol. Seriously, was his name called after a big play at any point during his time here? I don't remember seeing him on field ever.

He's the one who knocked the crap out of Rodgers who was intercepted on the play in our win over Green Bay last year. Made the highlights and many thought that he should have been called for roughing.

General consensus was that he has good upside, played with a motor and is a good fit on a 4-3.

Archived