Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people against the players on this?

cchhdd25

Like another poster said, put ur money when your mouth is. Don't watch and don't support them with your time and money.
If D. Smith gets the players to turn this down then I personally have lost what little respect I had left for any player that goes along with it. And I doubt I'll be alone in that view.

Chris Luva Luva: Why should they sign off on something they don't agree with? Especially if the reports are true that the owners added stuff in? Does that really make sense to you?

If only being a fan of a sports team was that simple. In many cases it's the most important thing in a person's life after one's own faith and family; handed down through generation to generation by father to son. If you can be as clinical to just switch off and turn away from the game your a 'fan' of like that, then you really weren't a 'fan' to start with. That type of attitude that decrees 'fans' as 'customers' that can pick and chose if they don't like is what's drawing a huge divide between traditional, long standing fans and their teams in many sports.

And just how much better of a deal do they expect to get than what's on the table? The players can demand x, y and z; but if the owners give them that they don't have the right, if true, to add a few things of their own? So the owners can compromise on the players wishes, but not the other way around? Welcome to the dictatorial style of negotiation.

Hail.

I negotiate and sign multi million dollar contracts for a living and I hire lawyers to do the detail and use document control to make sure we track any changes. You?

Well, good for u. I'm a lawyer that is hired to detail, cross T's and dot I's by people who negotiate and sign multi-million dollar contracts for a living.... lol

If D. Smith gets the players to turn this down then I personally have lost what little respect I had left for any player that goes along with it. And I doubt I'll be alone in that view.

Why should they sign off on something they don't agree with? Especially if the reports are true that the owners added stuff in? Does that really make sense to you?

So you think that players don't have different opinions on different issues? Why would you lose respect for anybody if you don't even know what the issues are? You are condemning things that you have no practical knowledge about. I guess it just feels good to stick your chest out and vent though, huh?

So you think that players don't have different opinions on different issues? Why would you lose respect for anybody if you don't even know what the issues are? You are condemning things that you have no practical knowledge about. I guess it just feels good to stick your chest out and vent though, huh?

It's hilarious that these people are dead serious.

Well, good for u. I'm a lawyer that is hired to detail, cross T's and dot I's by people who negotiate and sign multi-million dollar contracts for a living.... lol

Your a lawyer? Well good for you that you've managed to uphold the condescending lawyer stereotype to many in this thread with some of your flippant replies.

Hail.

Great. So you should understand that De Smith will send his players a summary of the heads of terms and a recommendation on approve or not approve. He will send the full document - which the Union have - as well. 90 plus per cent of the players will not even open the attachement. Those that do will read the summary but I would bet zero percent read from page 1 to the end.

The players hired De Smith to negotiate the best deal he could and he hired lawyers to check the agreement represents what was agreed.

Your a lawyer? Well good for you that you've managed to uphold the condescending lawyer stereotype to many in this thread with some of your flippant replies.

Hail.

No. I'm not a lawyer. But I guess people who sign multi-million dollar contracts can't detect sarcasm. What do I do for a living? It's a moot point. What you do for a living is a moot point. Anyone with a level head and a realistic grasp on life can see that both sides have their issues. And that in regards to yesterday events, the players were not in the wrong at THAT moment. So in the case of you bringing up your job, that just came off as typical internet BS. I work some really smart dummies, just because you're smart doesn't mean you have common sense.

Great. So you should understand that De Smith will send his players a summary of the heads of terms and a recommendation on approve or not approve. He will send the full document - which the Union have - as well. 90 plus per cent of the players will not even open the attachement. Those that do will read the summary but I would bet zero percent read from page 1 to the end.

The players hired De Smith and he hired lawyers to negotiate the best deal he could and the lawyers to check the agreement represents what was agreed.

And you left out a VERY VERY important part. Smith isn't talking to 90% of the players. He talks to the player reps, with whom he met last night. The reps then meet with the players with whom they represent to educate them and get their opinions and votes as far as re-certification. So yes, they hired him to do a job and he's done it. The owners JUST solidified their end. So why isn't Smith being allowed the time to educate the people for whom he was hired to represent so that they can in turn educate those with whom they represent?

No. I'm not a lawyer. But I guess people who sign multi-million dollar contracts can't detect sarcasm. What do I do for a living? It's a moot point. What you do for a living is a moot point. Anyone with a level head and a realistic grasp on life can see that both sides have their issues. And that in regards to yesterday events, the players were not in the wrong at THAT moment. So in the case of you bringing up your job, that just came off as typical internet BS. I work some really smart dummies, just because you're smart doesn't mean you have common sense.

It was me that brought up my job not GHH. I brought it up after you, in a very condeescending way, questioned my understanding of a negotiating process, I thought it was relevant.

No. I'm not a lawyer.

So your just arrogant and condescending by nature then? Maybe you should be a lawyer.

Oh, ,I never brought up my job here. I merely questioned if you we're a lawyer down to your (unfunny) response. Do please try keep up with what post your responding to. That would be me now being condescending back.

Hail.

And you left out a VERY VERY important part. Smith isn't talking to 90% of the players. He talks to the player reps, with whom he met last night. The reps then meet with the players with whom they represent to educate them and get their opinions and votes as far as re-certification. So yes, they hired him to do a job and he's done it. The owners JUST solidified their end. So why isn't Smith being allowed the time to educate the people for whom he was hired to represent so that they can in turn educate those with whom they represent?

He should have been educating them as he was going. This document shouldn't be a surprise it's the culmination of weeks and months work. The player reps and the players should have been enough in the loop that they basically knew everything already.

A fair point and one that I would hope the Union had anticipated given the timetable for this week and the date of the owners vote was well known in advance. They should have had briefings out with the main points well in advance to the player reps (i'd be amazed if that have not) and then a process defined for getting the deal to be voted on out by e-mail. Its not rocket science.

He should have been educating them as he was going. This document shouldn't be a surprise it's the culmination of weeks and months work. The player reps and the players should have been enough in the loop that they basically knew everything already.

Exactly! That's the bottom line. The players are upset because they feel like they're being bullied. All this bs about being "tricked", or the owners adding stuff in is crap. The players want to feel like they won clear cut, and they're acting over emotional and unprofessional about this.

By the way, many players are sounding much more professional, and less reactionary, in their tweets this morning

So I'm assuming you didn't read the part where the owners added in some changes to the "agreement"? And I guess you also missed the part where they didn't receive the agreement until after their 8pm meeting?

The Players don't get timely Info from their own NFLPA Head and Go screaming and tweeting like Children.

Twitter has to be the stupidest app of all time. Why do I care what someone is thinking 24/7. why would they want some else to know what they are thinking

So I'm assuming you didn't read the part where the owners added in some changes to the "agreement"? And I guess you also missed the part where they didn't receive the agreement until after their 8pm meeting?

The players lawyers along with the NFL drafted lawyers drafted the agreement man. How could they not have had a copy?

Also although there were claims the owners made changes I have yet to see anything on what those actually where. Have you?

The Players don't get timely Info from their own NFLPA Head and Go screaming and tweeting like Children.

Thats how the whole thing seems to me. The players sound much more level headed today. This whole thing feels like it's about pride, and "winning or losing"

According to the players.

Ur reason to not believe them is what?

And you know this how? However, I do agree that the tweets are unprofessional. They need to lay off during this process. However, to play devils advocate. U have the NFL media machine saying that the lockout was over, it wasn't... So.... In a way, the NFL is being a bit less than honest in the way they came off.

TAlso although there were claims the owners made changes I have yet to see anything on what those actually where. Have you?

Exactly! And no I haven't seen them. But why does everyone just automatically assume that these people are lying? I'm just taking their word. They said stuff changed, they needed to properly inspect this 10 year agreement. Ok. That sounds reasonable. lol I get that people want football, emotions are running high but I'm not the type of person that lets my emotion precede common sense.

Archived