Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle Game- Nov 27th- ES Tailgate Party **UPDATE LOCATION**

ljs

• 2 weeks later...

Got pretty good seats behind the Skins bench with a few fellow Skins fan, I'm thinking it's going to be a really good turn out representing for the Skins.

Lori, or anyone else who went out in Seattle in 2008 the Saturday before the game, what time did you guys meet up? I've got a lot going on that weekend and trying to do some planning.

Hey,

New to the forum...go skins!

I have just moved down to the states from Alaska and I am finally getting to see the Redskins in person after being a fan since I was 8. I am going to be staying in Seattle for a few nights and was wondering if anyone knew what hotel the team usually stays at, would love for my kids to get a chance to meet a couple players....maybe that can be the final touch in making sure they grow up to be Skins fans ;)

Thanks,

Got pretty good seats behind the Skins bench with a few fellow Skins fan, I'm thinking it's going to be a really good turn out representing for the Skins.

Lori, or anyone else who went out in Seattle in 2008 the Saturday before the game, what time did you guys meet up? I've got a lot going on that weekend and trying to do some planning.

I think we are going around 7-8ish I don't remember what time we went in 2008,

PS- Whoever can go to the tailgate party, post what you can bring and I'll update the first page. I'll be bringing wings, Beer, hard alcohol and some other snacks. For anyone traveling and can't bring stuff, let me know. If you just pitch in a donation, I'll bring extra food/drinks.

We already have a thread!

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?349626-Seattle-Game-November-27th-Tailgate-Party

come join us the Saturday before, and/or at the tailgate party that morning. I'll be posting a map for exact location of TG party,but its normally just under the Alaskan Highway, on northwest side of stadium

I checked out the thread prior to posting..thx but I don't think I will be attending either event...got the kids with me. Was primarily looking to see if anyone knew what hotel I would have the best chance of catching the skins at.

Thanks again

I checked out the thread prior to posting..thx but I don't think I will be attending either event...got the kids with me. Was primarily looking to see if anyone knew what hotel I would have the best chance of catching the skins at.

Thanks again

I have been to the last two games and they stay at the fairmont hotel downtown. We stay at the executive hotel pacific which is more affordable and a block away from the Skins hotel.

Last time I was there I got Joe gibbs to sign my hat right in the hotel lobby.

I would have to concur with the sentiment with regards to the fair weather, arrogant and down right disrespectful fan base that exists in Seattle. I have experienced it with not only football, but all sport I have attended up that way.

However, this means our presence will annoy and tweak these !?*@! group of "fans" and that is all I need to make the trip! See you all there... Hail!

Anyone need tickets to the game? Section 117 & 123 available $72/$90, let me know...

Also, for the tailgate, are we set with a grill and table(s)? What about chairs, do we need any? I don't recall too many chairs last time, everyone was pretty much standing so not sure if any are needed.

I'll be bringing a table, camp stove and a gazebo tent. I can bring chairs, but prob not more than 4. My grill is way too big to bring, but may invest in a smaller charcoal one to bring.

• 4 weeks later...

updates on first post for location of TG, etc.

Hope to see a decent group of B/G. I was checking ticket availability, and a lot are still for sale, plus a bunch of people are trying to get rid of them. Don't forsee a huge crowd.

I haven't been to ES in a long time (I know, I know...), so please forgive me. But I plan to be there at tailgate. Back in 2008, Lori approached me at the ESPN bar the night before since I was wearing Skins gear and invited me and my boyfriend at the time (BOO, dumped that Seahawks fan!) to join them for tailgate. We stopped by and were really impressed with all of you. I would love to join you again this year. I will have my boyfriend, my friend Alex (flying out from the DMV), and another local Washington State Redskins friend with me. I hope you don't mind if we come. Please let us know what we can bring.

As far as the Seattle fans, I was there in January '06 for the playoff game and was treated HORRIBLY. My ex-husband, my then 4-year-old son, and I all got attacked by a group of men after the game. What grown man would throw a punch toward a 4-year-old child? I braved it again in 2008, and we didn't run into any rotten fans, thankfully. I think Seahawks fans give the Raiders and Eagles fans a run for their money, but the Redskins are only here every so often, and I want to see my team. Let's hope the Seahawks fans have cooled their jets a bit.

Look forward to seeing the B&G repped loud and proud in Seattle. :)

Yes please join us. If you can bring a food item, and whatever u want to drink. I've posted on the first page what we've got so far. I'll pm you my cell. A few of us are also meeting at the fox sports bar Sat night. See ya then!!

Update map for location (first post). All the damn Construction is screwing up the tailgate area. Looks to be along Utah St, a couple blocks south of the stadium. I'll do my best to get a spot nearest Edgar Martinez Dr (SR 510)/Utah St Just look for Redskins stuff. I have a big Redskins blanket that will cover the gazebo, does anyone have a flag? I've also got a RIP Sean Taylor sign I made. Can't believe its been 4 yrs. wow.

Posted the info on Twitter/Facebook, so far Adam Carriker has retweeted (he is from Tri Cities, so I know will have his local fans coming)

Oh, and yeah - about 7-8 for the Fox Sports Bar/Grill.

I will agree that for the playoff game Jan 2007- they were damn awful. But I've been to a few reg season games before then and in 2008- they. Were just fine. Ive also been to some games there vs other teams, and it wasn't a bad atmosphere at all. Give it a thought...

That game a Seahawks fan actually dumped a beer on me while I was taking photos on the sideline. Nevermind the fact that I wasn't wearing anything Redskins related. They apparently saw the 'curly W' on my Nats hat and decided to dump an entire beer down my back. In seven years on the sidelines I've never had another issue with anyone.

That game a Seahawks fan actually dumped a beer on me while I was taking photos on the sideline. Nevermind the fact that I wasn't wearing anything Redskins related. They apparently saw the 'curly W' on my Nats hat and decided to dump an entire beer down my back. In seven years on the sidelines I've never had another issue with anyone.

Are you going to be out here this time? If so, come by our lil gathering. Shouldn't be too hard to find the chunk of B&G in the sea of teal/green. :)

Seattle fans got really ****y once the Seahawks started making the playoffs. They acted like the typical "never been there before" fanbase that all of the sudden feels entitled to be overly hostile as if their stadium is a hard place for visiting teams or something.

Just FYI, Seattle has had the reputation as "a hard place for visiting teams or something" since the Seahawks' inception (minus the Ken Behring years), but it has always been about the noise, not hostility.

About the hostility, there is no accounting for idiots. Every fan base has them. As someone who has never been anything but cordial to visiting fans, I'd appreciate it if you would at least acknowledge the idiot factor, rather than treating us as a single homogeneous hostile entity.

That said, I remember threads here, with pictures, detailing the crappy behavior of many Seahawks fans during the 2005 playoff game. I don't know why they were so over-the-top rude, and I don't want to even speculate. I can't apologize for them, and I don't expect to sway anyone's opinion here, but I do want to point out that that behavior was (almost) as abhorrent to other Seahawks fans as it was to the Skins fans.

I hope you guys have a great time tailgating, and good luck in the game (but not too much).

Archived