Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tips on attending my first game at Nationals Park?

BigDaddyShoo

Top individual single game performance of 2010?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Top individual single game performance of 2010?

• Week 1 - L.Landry
    • Week 2 - D.McNabb
    • Week 5 - L.Landry
    • Week 7 - D.Hall
    • Week 8 - B.Banks
    • Week 14 - R.Torain
    • Other - you idiot, you forgot this one.......

Why would they remove Five Guys?

Dumb.

They put a Shake Shack in instead. Five Guys line was always unbelievably long. It wasn't worth it. So far though, same story with Shake Shack.

I'd also suggest Hard Times for their wings. Money baseball food.

Also, the biggest tip I can give you is to take the Metro. So much easier than driving/parking. Unless you or someone you know is debilitated or handicapped in some way, the metro is the way there and back.

...and now for serious advice....

1) Unopened Bottle water and peanuts are allowed in the stadium. If you park near the navy yards there is a great vendor there selling both of those for $1 each. Buy them and bring them in.

2) Any day except Thursday / Friday / or sat go to the bullpen directly across from centerfield gates before game. Get beer for $6 as opposed to $8. Live music most days. On Thursday / Friday / Sat - Go inside as soon as you get there. Go upstairs on the 1st base side to the miller lite scoreboard walk where there is live music and $5 beers until 1st pitch.

3) Unless you are doing a special (And there are lots of good specials) buy tickets AT the ticket office. The games do NOT sell out, and tickets are cheaper as no service fee's.

4) Bens Chili bowl is the best - and if you ask for extra chili and cheese on the chili cheese fries, they will do it. That is on the 3rd base side, lower level, I think near sec 119.

5) If you are buying bad seats for the price (Like "capital city view" seats which are only $10) skip the seats. Go to the Red Loft (Upper center field) and go to the stand room only area in front of the bar. Its sociable, good views, and any ticket will do. There are also standing room sections between the miller lite bar and the red loft.

6) The presidents race is in the middle of the 4th inning. Don't leave during that time!

7) Enjoy the game. Despite what you may or may not have heard -While many fans are there just to drink and don't care about the game - there are MORE AND MORE fans going to the game to watch the game! Meaning don't be a jerk and stand up in the middle of a section while you talk to the guy behind you blocking peoples view (this happened to me two weeks ago. I yelled down in front and he yelled "Its not like its the Yankees". 1 guy shouted back "you don't like it, don't come" he said something else back, usher came and grabbed him and showed up the wonderful Nats exists.

8) One more thing - Parking - There is FREE parking within half a mile all over. But I can't tell you where.....because then when I go my spaces will be gone.... :)

Archived