Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tips on attending my first game at Nationals Park?

BigDaddyShoo

Top individual single game performance of 2010?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Top individual single game performance of 2010?

• Week 1 - L.Landry
    • Week 2 - D.McNabb
    • Week 5 - L.Landry
    • Week 7 - D.Hall
    • Week 8 - B.Banks
    • Week 14 - R.Torain
    • Other - you idiot, you forgot this one.......

Driving or Metro? Driving - recommend Lot HH - it's only $5 (i think they may have upped it on game days, but online it's $5). It's a bit of a walk, but worth saving the $$.

And if your saving $$ did you buy the tix yet? you can get cheap seats, and then just act like you know what you are doing and sit in better seats.

I usually tailgate, but i dont see many Nats fans tailgate when I'm there (Phils fan here), there is the "Bullpen" across from the stadium to grab pre game beverages and eats.

If you want to get in early and grab something to munch on instead, go to the red porch and catch batting practice while you eat. Balls will be flying at your face while you chow down - so watch out! (out of context reply not necessary!).

what day are you going? Miller Lite party nights have pre-game specials and a dj and stuff.

If you want game day eats, try Change Up Chicken (Sec 130), Senators Sausage (108,134,141) Bens Chili (109,140 301, 315 - if you aren't a DC person who says this is overrated), and finally my fav spot @ Nats Park for quick ballpark food Taste of the Majors (117,313).

Have fun, Go Phils!

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 04:02 PM ----------

Make sure you're in a shady part of the stadium if you're going during the day.

Fantastic food inside the stadium, stuff like Five Guys and Ben's Chili Bowl etc etc.

5 guys is gone

Make sure you're in a shady part of the stadium if you're going during the day.

Fantastic food inside the stadium, stuff like Five Guys and Ben's Chili Bowl etc etc.

how much does 5 guys cost inside the stadium? i can only imagine b/c it's already so expensive normally.

5 guys is not expensive.

It is when you're a college student like me. It's one of those things I can only have every three months or so.

There's one located near section 110.

Huh...well if that don't beat all. My dad always sings the praises of that place (he was a Howard University student and he'd go there all the time). I might have to try it.

I think there's a Shake Shack in the park now...if it's anything like the Dupont location, I'd definitely recommend it. I've also been to the one in NYC and it was great as well.

I had a pancake and bacon milkshake...best. shake. ever.

Maple/pancake flavored shake with fried bacon crumbled into it.

Wear light clothing and bring sun screen. Nothing worse than baking in the seats and then also getting sunburn.

Definitely get Ben's Chilli bowl half smoke. Ridiculously good. Other than that it's baseball and the Nats so get up go try food etc. and walk around during the shade if you need it.

Be loud when we're on defense, quiet while the offense is on the field, wait for a stoppage in action to leave or return to your seat...

I laughed

But its a baseball game...you will sit and be bored half the time...but watching it in person is a little better than watching on tv at least..metro after the game is pretty packed at the navy yard..either leave in the 8th inning if the game isnt close, or wait for a bit after the game is over

5 guys is not expensive.

For a burger and fries it kind of is. No matter how good the burger, I can never help but feel like I was taken whenever I leave a Five Guys. Don't get me wrong, I like them..but it is spendy for what it is.

For a burger and fries it kind of is. No matter how good the burger, I can never help but feel like I was taken whenever I leave a Five Guys. Don't get me wrong, I like them..but it is spendy for what it is.

I agree with you, it's like $11-12 for a burger, fries, and soda.

There's a Five Guys and Subway close to the stadium (close to the M St/New Jersey Avenue intersection and not far from the Navy Yard M Street Metro entrance) in case you want to grab a quick bite before you go in. IIRC, the Five Guys inside the stadium (when it was there) cost about double what the one outside the stadium did.

I wanted to try Shake Shack the last time inside Nats Park but got to the game close to first pitch time. Walked past the stand and the lines were ridiculous.

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 04:27 PM ----------

I agree with you, it's like $11-12 for a burger, fries, and soda.

That's why when I'm with someone, I usually get the "little burger" (one patty instead of two) and split a regular fries, which is plenty for two people. If each person gets a little burger and drink and then split the fries, you can get out of there for like $15. More expensive than fast food but not bad.

Archived