Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: NY motorcyclist dies on ride protesting helmet law

Gracelander

It is not a right to drive on public roads. Citing a few court cases doesn't change that.

It is not just as safe to ride without a helmet as it is to ride with one. Citing some study doesn't change that.

Arguing that it is unconstitutional to require one to wear a helmet while riding, in a thread about a guy who just died because he wasn't wearing a helmet for the sole purpose of making the points above, is freaking hilarious.

That is all.

It is not a right to drive on public roads. Citing a few court cases doesn't change that.

It is not just as safe to ride without a helmet as it is to ride with one. Citing some study doesn't change that.

Arguing that it is unconstitutional to require one to wear a helmet while riding, in a thread about a guy who just died because he wasn't wearing a helmet for the sole purpose of making the points above, is freaking hilarious.

w

That is all.

So should we force people to drive mercedes instead of smart cars because they are safer, how about smoking, should we ban them. He chose to take the risk, how does that hurt you. people take risks everyday, That is all

So should we force people to drive mercedes instead of smart cars because they are safer, how about smoking, should we ban theml

Those slippery slope arguments are weak to the point of fallacy.

They are also irrelevant to what I said in my post, which is that driving on public roads is not a right, and forgoing a helmet is not as safe as wearing one. And that people saying otherwise in this thread are funny.

Those slippery slope arguments are weak to the point of fallacy.

They are also irrelevant to what I said in my post, which is that driving on public roads is not a right, and forgoing a helmet is not as safe as wearing one. And that people saying otherwise in this thread are funny.

No slippery slope, a mercedes is safer than a smart car, its the same argument, people who would say otherwise are equally funny. you do know that all states don,t force bikers to wear helmets,While driving on public roads is not a right, the right to choose whether or not to wear a helmet should be. I choose to wear a helmet, but that does'nt mean joe blow should have to . Him or her not wearing a helmet does not endanger you. If the biker is willing to take the risk why should you care

No slippery slope, a mercedes is safer than a smart car, its the same argument, people who would say otherwise are equally funny. you do know that all states don,t force bikers to wear helmets,While driving on public roads is not a right, the right to choose whether or not to wear a helmet should be. I choose to wear a helmet, but that does'nt mean joe blow should have to . Him or her not wearing a helmet does not endanger you. If the biker is willing to take the risk why should you care

As has been explained a zillion times, his risk is passed onto the rest of us in the form of higher insurance rates, higher costs for public health and rescue.. There's more involved than just your head. If there wasn't, then I dont think anyone would care.

But there is.

Seatbelt laws, helmet laws,, these are to protect more than just the jackass who isn't smart enough to wear them. They protect all of us from the results of their idiocy, and those results are more than just the immediate of your brains on someone's fender.

~Bang

As has been explained a zillion times, his risk is passed onto the rest of us in the form of higher insurance rates, higher costs for public health and rescue.. There's more involved than just your head. If there wasn't, then I dont think anyone would care.

But there is.

Seatbelt laws, helmet laws,, these are to protect more than just the jackass who isn't smart enough to wear them. They protect all of us from the results of their idiocy, and those results are more than just the immediate of your brains on someone's fender.

~Bang

Like I said before , let the biker pay for insurance,if you hit a biker rescue is going to have to come regardless of whether he is wearing a helmet. you all act as if this battle hasn't been won in other states. The best way to avoid these problems is not to hit the biker to begin with

---------- Post added July-7th-2011 at 06:21 PM ----------

Well, ya know... the right to be stupid is a pretty fundamental right.

Correct

Well, ya know... the right to be stupid is a pretty fundamental right.

As is the right to be wrong,in fact they tend to go together

bang ...why is simply requiring ins coverage not enough?

If you want to travel the road of healthcare costs to the public there are numerous greater monetary drains from behaviors we need to address first....is this really where you want to make a stand?

Of all the the freedoms in the world... THIS of all things is where people make their stand?

stupid.

I think anywhere freedom is being threatened is the place to make a stand, not just this of all things. this battle has been won in other states, whether you think its stupid or not.I wonder what the laws on hang gliding are?

As is the right to be wrong,in fact they tend to go together

bang ...why is simply requiring ins coverage not enough?

If you want to travel the road of healthcare costs to the public there are numerous greater monetary drains from behaviors we need to address first....is this really where you want to make a stand?

How many times does this need to be explained.

Your rates are affected by everyone else insured by the same company, and their accidents and costs drive up your rates too.

When one of these jokers cracks his egg and becomes a cabbage for the rest of his life, how much does the insurance company shell out? They recoup costs from the rest of us.

You ***** about having to pay for people's stupidity, and yet you defend their rights to cost you more.

Captain Contrary, in fine form.

By the by, I don't have a stand to make. Helmets are required here.

Next?

~Bang

Do you know what I find annoying and unnecessary?

Brakes.

I'm shocked you didn't say lawyers

---------- Post added July-7th-2011 at 05:38 PM ----------

How many times does this need to be explained.

Your rates are affected by everyone else insured by the same company' date=' and their accidents and costs drive up your rates too.

When one of these jokers cracks his egg and becomes a cabbage for the rest of his life, how much does the insurance company shell out? They recoup costs from the rest of us.

You ***** about having to pay for people's stupidity, and yet you defend their rights to cost you more.

Captain Contrary, in fine form.

By the by, I don't have a stand to make. Helmets are required here.

Next?

~Bang[/quote']

You ignore the statistics that show helmetless riders are more likely to die,thus saving money.

motorcycles injury claims are minuscule compared to others....most people don't risk riding them at all.

Go **** with the fat people

Actually, I haven't offered an opinion on helmet laws one way or the other.

Because I don't really care. (Hence the 'that is all.')

However, I do find some of the rationales some are using in this thread to attack helmet laws to be very silly. Especially considering the subject of the original post.

Actually, I haven't offered an opinion on helmet laws one way or the other.

Because I don't really care. (Hence the 'that is all.')

However, I do find some of the rationales some are using in this thread to attack helmet laws to be very silly. Especially considering the subject of the original post.

He died doing what he wanted

Archived