Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alaska Declares Electronic Distribution of Electronic Mail "infeasible" (another Sarah Palin thread)

greenspandan

Palin was under investigation for an ethics violation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/27/palin-legal-fund-challeng_n_192044.html

The legislative probe found Palin had abused her office but the commissioner's firing was legal. The separate personnel board investigation found there was no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated ethics laws.

Was, like 3 years ago based on the 10k lawyers showing up in Alaska and filing her into bankruptcy?

She even filed one against herself to get it right. And it was resolved 2 years ago?

http://theweek.com/article/index/216239/4-lessons-from-the-sarah-palin-email-release

One comment at the bottom of the last review: 4 things we've learned about the emails:

She is a private citizen running for nothing. The Media Swarmed on this.

One of the comments at the bottom of the story: Why not every email of Senator Obama. would there be such enthusiam?

Some of the funniest emails that haven't been heavily redacted are the ones from her staff constantly reminding her to NOT use the official state email address to do state business.

They keep telling her she is using it too much and that she should use her personal yahoo account.

That way, she isn't subject to the FOIA.

****ers.

All of them.

Some of the funniest emails that haven't been heavily redacted are the ones from her staff constantly reminding her to NOT use the official state email address to do state business.

They keep telling her she is using it too much and that she should use her personal yahoo account.

That way, she isn't subject to the FOIA.

****ers.

All of them.

And that's why I predicted that there wouldn't be anything in the emails.

This administration (and I assume, most politician's offices, now days) was designed, even before it was formed, around the idea of hiding evidence.

(Nobody wants to make Nixon's Mistake, ever again.)

has anything at all been unearthed that's worthy of scorn? It seems like this story went away really quickly.

I think it's a safe bet that if anybody finds any dirt, (or, frankly, anything which can be made to look like dirt), it will be widely publicized.

Wow can you imagine if the media looked into the then Health Care reform bill with the same vigor and asked for people to help read the thousands of pages to find anything juicy in them?

They did.

So did the Republican Party.

For a year.

But don't let those pesky facts get in the way.

Wow can you imagine if the media looked into the then Health Care reform bill with the same vigor and asked for people to help read the thousands of pages to find anything juicy in them?

Good luck with that. Maybe, strictly for sport, I'll reference this within the absurd "overt and conscious" media thread :ols:

They did.

So did the Republican Party.

For a year.

But don't let those pesky facts get in the way.

Like Palin and email though, I guess C-SPAN was too complex for our president to handle.

---------- Post added June-14th-2011 at 08:51 PM ----------

Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it

(the leader of the bill?)

The single most infuriating line of this presidency.

It won't, but I hope "the entire debate will be televised on C-SPAN" will be the "read my lips, no new taxes" of the '12 election cycle.

Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it

(the leader of the bill?)

Which is a reference to the way all federal legislation gets passed.

• The House passes a bill.
  • The Senate passes a (slightly different) bill.
  • The bill goes to a conference committee. Which then produces a single bill, based on the two bills which were passed.

The final bill does not exist until after both houses pass the bill.

But again, why let the fact that you, personally, debated the bill, for a year, steer you away from a sound bite that doesn't say what you want it to say?

Which is a reference to the way all federal legislation gets passed.

• The House passes a bill.
  • The Senate passes a (slightly different) bill.
  • The bill goes to a conference committee. Which then produces a single bill, based on the two bills which were passed.

The final bill does not exist until after both houses pass the bill.

But again, why let the fact that you, personally, debated the bill, for a year, steer you away from a sound bite that doesn't say what you want it to say?

Please explain away Obama's PROMISE to televise the ENTIRE debate on C-SPAN, and I'll happily concede this point.

Like Palin and email though, I guess C-SPAN was too complex for our president to handle.

I'm certain that you think you said something clever, there. But I'll confess that I don't know what it is.

The single most infuriating line of this presidency.

1) See previous response.

2) :secret: Pelosi isn't the President.

---------- Post added June-14th-2011 at 09:02 PM ----------

Please explain away Obama's PROMISE to televise the ENTIRE debate on C-SPAN, and I'll happily concede this point.

:secret: The entire debate was televised on C-SPAN. That's what C-SPAN does.

I'm certain that you think you said something clever, there. But I'll confess that I don't know what it is.

1) See previous response.

2) :secret: Pelosi isn't the President.

That's why I said PRESIDENCY, not "from the president." See, in Washington, things that happen during an administration are said to have happened during one's "presidency."

On the other hand, Obama promised every second of the health care bill debates would be on C-SPAN, and that there would be no back room deals. It's not shocking in the slightest that the most diehard "transparency" advocates during the previous administration are excusing it, or ignoring it now.

Obama. Four more years of Bush Light.

On the other hand, Obama promised every second of the health care bill debates would be on C-SPAN, and that there would be no back room deals. It's not shocking in the slightest that the most diehard "transparency" advocates during the previous administration are excusing it, or ignoring it now.

Yeah, you're ticked because after being publicly debated for a year, the bill went to a conference committee.

That's why I said PRESIDENCY, not "from the president." See, in Washington, things that happen during an administration are said to have happened during one's "presidency."

Obama. Four more years of Bush Light.

Say it aint so Joe, uh... Hog.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/06/eveningnews/main6064298.shtml

(CBS) President Obama wants the final negotiations on health care reform - a reconciliation of the House and Senate versions of the bill - put on a fast track, even if that means breaking an explicit campaign promise.

"The House and Senate plan to put together the final health care reform bill behind closed doors according to an agreement by top Democrats," House Speaker Nanci Pelosi said today at the White House.

The White House is on board with that, too, reports CBS News political correspondent Chip Reid. Press Secretary Robert Gibbs stressed today that "the president wants to get a bill to his desk as quickly as possible."

During the campaign, though, candidate Obama regularly promised something different - to broadcast all such negotiations on C-SPAN, putting the entire process of pounding out health care reform out in the open. (That promise applied to the now-completed processing of forging House and Senate bills, too.)

Back when Republicans controlled Congress and George W. Bush was in the White House, it was Democrats who angrily complained about secret backroom deals.

Now the roles are reversed.

"The negotiations are obviously being done in secret and the American people really just want to know what they are trying to hide," said Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga.

Even with no cameras and no Republicans in the room it will be a tall order for the House and Senate to resolve their differences - especially on abortion coverage and how to pay for health reform

Even so, top Democrats in both houses say they hope to have the final bill ready for the president's signature in time for his State of the Union address - less than four weeks from now.

Yeah, you're ticked because after being publicly debated for a year, the bill went to a conference committee.

Avoid the facts, Larry. It's your only option. (Though I know you'll still accuse others.)

Explicit, enormous, campaign promise broken.

"Publicly" =/= C=SPAN. Period. Publicly = your crying about the fact that it was discussed on conservative talk radio.

Transparency matters, when the letter following the president's name is an "R," apparently.

Avoid the facts, Larry. It's your only option.

I've pointed out facts. (Though I knew you'd ignore them.)

Explicit, enormous, campaign promise broken.

Politician promised absolute perfection, using impossible to achieve metric, and only delivered 99% of it.

You're correct. Every second of every discussion by every person wasn't covered live on TV. Only 99% of it was.

So, keep right on claiming that the reason you're ticked is because of that missing 1%. Keep pulling up sound bites that don't say what you want them to say.

Heck, cut and paste two words out of this post and claim that you've "won".

Don't know about anybody else, but I'm certainly used to it.

"Publicly" =/= C=SPAN. Period.

You whined about C-SPAN. I pointed out that it was on C-SPAN. (Your response was to claim I was ignoring facts.)

I've got to admit that I am not understanding all of this stuff with Palin. I dont get why its even anything that the media is pursuing since she isnt holding an public office, isnt a presidential candidate and isnt anyone in the political arena of consequence.

Someone please explain?

---------- Post added June-15th-2011 at 07:10 AM ----------

I've pointed out facts. (Though I knew you'd ignore them.)

Politician promised absolute perfection, using impossible to achieve metric, and only delivered 99% of it.

You're correct. Every second of every discussion by every person wasn't covered live on TV. Only 99% of it was.

So, keep right on claiming that the reason you're ticked is because of that missing 1%. Keep pulling up sound bites that don't say what you want them to say.

Heck, cut and paste two words out of this post and claim that you've "won".

Don't know about anybody else, but I'm certainly used to it.

You whined about C-SPAN. I pointed out that it was on C-SPAN. (Your response was to claim I was ignoring facts.)

Not to but in, but I will. You are incorrect and I'm pretty sure that a couple of other posts have shown that despite promises to the contrary the bill was both fast tracked and materially non-reviewed by both the public and even the congress.

Why do you keep saying that it was?

Not to but in, but I will. You are incorrect and I'm pretty sure that a couple of other posts have shown that despite promises to the contrary the bill was both fast tracked and materially non-reviewed by both the public and even the congress.

Funny. We, here, debated this "fast tracked", "materially non-reviewed", legislation for what seemed like a year.

Yes, after both houses passed versions of the bill, after the bill had been publicly debated for a year, after numerous modifications had been made, because of public feedback, many of the modifications demanded by the Republicans, the bill was sent to a conference committee.

Did the conference committee meet in private? Yes it did.

Did Obama promise that there would never, ever, be a single thing done to his bill that wasn't covered on live TV? Yes he did.

Frankly, I'll say that I have a problem with this idea of Congress voting on a bill, and then the bill gets edited after the vote, and then Congress doesn't get another vote. I don't think it's Constitutional. From what I understand, a lot of pork shows up in the conference committee, for example. It's supposedly a great way to add pork to a bill. The pork wasn't in either of the two original versions, and there's no record of who put it in, and no recorded vote on whether to put it in or not.

To me, a bill can't be sent to the President unless both houses of Congress held a recorded, roll call vote, on the exact version of the bill sent to the President.

But to me, the people pulling up sound bites so they can try to claim that a bill which they, themselves, debated for a year was passed in secret and was hidden from the voters, is about as sincere as the Birthers claiming that "all they want is just a little transparency".

Archived