Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Hmm. Noel didn't make a choice yet. He's going to announce it with a logo that he had shaved in his hair. What a bizarre way to make an announcement.

Perhaps it's a G logo :ols:

---------- Post added April-11th-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

Nerlens shaved Kentucky into the back of his head. What a shame.

Cal and World Wide Wes strike again. :(

Noel's mother was pushing G'Town hard but....

Oh, well.

Go get Devonte Pollard and Robert Upshaw.

---------- Post added April-12th-2012 at 12:55 AM ----------

Sucks, especially when I quoted someone who said he was going to GTown. Sorry about that

Coach Cal can really recruit those talents, damn

Noel has a "handler" who was attempting to sell his services....allegedly. :(:(

Perhaps he succeeded.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd be pissed for sure if this buildup and then disappointment happen to UMD for sure. I remember watching Jeff Green play my HS in the state semis and thinking to myself, this guy is gonna be a stud at GT. At least this disappointment didn't happen with RG3, could you imagine this place if Cleveland snuck in at the last second and got the 2nd pick after we thought we had it?

I'd be pissed for sure if this buildup and then disappointment happen to UMD for sure. I remember watching Jeff Green play my HS in the state semis and thinking to myself, this guy is gonna be a stud at GT. At least this disappointment didn't happen with RG3, could you imagine this place if Cleveland snuck in at the last second and got the 2nd pick after we thought we had it?

I can already picture the threads blasting ShannAllen for not doing enough to move up.

I hope this doesn't happen with the Harrison twins. :(

I wanted Noel BAD...but my gut feeling all along was he was going to go to Kentucky. Next years team really worries me, then again i was really worried about this years team and they surprised everyone. Hopefully Rivera is the real deal and this years freshmen blossom. Looks like we are getting a new mascot too! Jack the bulldog is on the shelf with an ACL tear or something. So it goes for the Hoyas.

What is it down to Kentucky and UMD? Maybe Baylor too? I don't like our chances but I've read we have a lot of back up plans at the Guard positions, good ones too...

Strangely enough, I have a good feeling about the Harrison twins.

---------- Post added April-12th-2012 at 01:55 PM ----------

I wanted Noel BAD...but my gut feeling all along was he was going to go to Kentucky. Next years team really worries me, then again i was really worried about this years team and they surprised everyone. Hopefully Rivera is the real deal and this years freshmen blossom. Looks like we are getting a new mascot too! Jack the bulldog is on the shelf with an ACL tear or something. So it goes for the Hoyas.

I'll feel good if Hoyas can add Devonta Pollard (hopefully this weekend) and Robert Upshaw.

http://www.csnwashington.com/ncaa/news/Portsmouth-Invitational-recap-Sims-OQuin?blockID=690044

PORTSMOUTH INVITATIONAL RECAP: SIMS, O'QUINN SHINE

*Georgetown's Henry Sims' Portsmouth Club team lost in the championship game, but the now former Hoyas center more than held his own, according to this NBA.com report...

"Sims led Portsmouth Sports Club with 19 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks to cap off an impressive showing that got better with each game. Sims, who did much of his damage this season for the Hoyas operating in the high post and leading the team in assists, was clearly a bit rattled by the physical nature of play that marked the tournament's first few games.

"In his defense, not enough fouls were being called early on. It's one thing to let players play. It's another to allow the game to be distorted. Both Sims and the officiating got better with each game. Measuring out at 6-10 in bare feet, Sims has ample size to play center in the NBA. If he can add more aggression to his overall makeup, he could make an NBA team next year."

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.casualhoya.com/2012/5/9/3009959/class-of-2012-center-bradley-hayes-commits-to-georgetown#storyjump

Class of 2012 Center Bradley Hayes Commits to Georgetown

Class of 2012 center Bradley Hayes (Jacksonville, FL) has signed a letter of intent to join the Georgetown Hoyas. The 6'10" Hayes, who visted campus just last week, became a priority for the Georgetown staff after Nerlens Noel got a bad haircut in April.

Hayes joins 6'3" combo guard D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, and 6'10" power forward Brandon Bolden in Georgetown's Class of 2012 recruiting class.

• 2 weeks later...
Stephen Domingo, top 30 recruit, chooses Georgetown

Promising recruit Stephen Domingo, who committed Monday to attend Georgetown starting in 2013, said he was drawn to the Hoyas because their approach to offense “makes the defense honest” and empowers players who excel as shooters.

Like Domingo.

“The defense can't sag off you because you can come out and hit the open jumper,” Domingo told Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi. “If they crowd, you then the backdoor cuts open the floor up for the shooters too."

Coach John Thompson’s Princeton-based offense can limit the options for players whose primary talent is driving the basketball, but Domingo is a 6-6 small forward from San Francisco (St. Ignatius High School) ranked as Rivals’ No. 29 prospect in the 2013 class mostly because he is a great shooter.

He looks at Georgetown as a place where he can contribute with that skill and develop as a complete player.

"For years, Georgetown has prided themselves on their defense," Domingo said. "That's the next big step for my game, and I'm really looking forward to going there and being a better offensive player but, most importantly, improving defensively."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-05-21/stephen-domingo-georgetown-recruit-st-ingatius#ixzz1vXQppYBN

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 1 month later...

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/prep-sports/2012/07/domingo-leaves-st-ignatius-early-georgetown-university

Domingo leaves St. Ignatius early for Georgetown University

Stephen Domingo’s exit from St. Ignatius has been rumored for at least a year and the San Francisco native made it official Tuesday when his parents told the school’s administration that he would be enrolling early at Georgetown University, where he committed to play in May.

Originally reported by PremierBall.com and confirmed by St. Ignatius boys’ basketball coach Tim Reardon, Domingo, who just completed his junior year, is already in Washington, D.C.

“From what I understand, he’s going to Georgetown next year and playing for Georgetown next year,” Reardon said. “I don’t know how that works, considering he didn’t graduate from high school, but that’s what his mother told our principal.”

The issue of how he is able to enroll early at Georgetown without a diploma from St. Ignatius is still a mystery to the high school. On June 11, he even confirmed with the school the classes he intended on taking in the upcoming school year.

“We’re not exactly sure [how he is enrolling early] on our end,” said Carole Nickolai, the assistant principal for academics at St. Ignatius. “He hasn’t met the high school graduation requirements for St. Ignatius, but I don’t know if he has fulfilled others at a different institution or received other qualifications to enroll at Georgetown.”

• 2 months later...

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/hudson-catholic-n-j-forward-reggie-cameron-commits-to-georgetown/

Hudson Catholic (N.J.) forward Reggie Cameron commits to Georgetown

Hudson Catholic (N.J.) forward Reggie Cameron has committed to Georgetown, multiple outlets are now reporting.

Cameron, a 6-7 native of Paterson, N.J., is a Top-75 prospect and an elite shooter from the Class of 2013.

He chose Georgetown over schools that include Michigan, Miami, Seton Hall, and NC State.

Cameron will fit well into the system that John Thompson III employs, a shooter with size who gives defenses a reason to guard the perimeter. Last season at Hudson Catholic, he averaged 20.1 points and 10.1 rebounds, according to MaxPreps.com.

The question that arises for Georgetown now is which scholarship Cameron will take, being that the Hoyas are at the limit. Conventional wisdom is that sophomore Otto Porter could leave for the NBA draft after the 2012-13 season, but if he doesn’t, Thompson III will have to find a way to creatively shuffle the deck.

For 2012-13, Thompson III brings in four freshman, led by Oak Hill (Va.) guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera. Stephen Domingo, a lanky shooter from California, was originally a member of the Class of 2013, but reclassified up after his commitment to Georgetown and will play for the Hoyas this season.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...