Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Fans you got a winner

BillyKilmer

Bruce Carter...LB

I am no talent evaluator but I do know good character when I am around it. I have had the privilege of knowing Bruce since he was about 12. He is a hard working and intelligent young man. Bruce played 3 years of High School Basketball with one of my sons. Coaching and traveling with these young men over a period of time you get to see them with their guard down and when they meet difficult obstacles. Bruce was always a leader and champion in the finest sense of the word.

Bruce is a winner and one Cowboy I will never root against.

Bruce Carter...LB

I am no talent evaluator but I do know good character when I am around it. I have had the privilege of knowing Bruce since he was about 12. He is a hard working and intelligent young man. Bruce played 3 years of High School Basketball with one of my sons. Coaching and traveling with these young men over a period of time you get to see them with their guard down and when they meet difficult obstacles. Bruce was always a leader and champion in the finest sense of the word.

This is really good to hear. Outside of Tyron Smith I've been sort of unsure about this draft. The word is that this was "Jason Garrett" draft in that it was only players of exceptional character and work ethic in an attempt to set the character for the entire team. I have hope for this team, and look forward to the season.

Bruce Carter...LB

If they are a Cowboy they will always be rooted against....I'd root against my own dad if he was a cowboy

This is really good to hear. Outside of Tyron Smith I've been sort of unsure about this draft. The word is that this was "Jason Garrett" draft in that it was only players of exceptional character and work ethic in an attempt to set the character for the entire team. I have hope for this team, and look forward to the season.

They had to draft that way, because Dez Bryant was bringing the team average down. It's now back to par.

Didn't one of the guys on NFL Network say the Cowboys was one of the teams that came out "Winners" in this draft? I wouldn't say their draft sucked, but it wasn't what I would call top 5 in the league. They also sighted the Patriots, so it looks like they just love the popular teams.

Bruce Carter...LB

I didn't know much about his character, but I've watched him over the years, and he's a damn good player. And this coming from someone that despises anything UNC. I hated seeing that Dallas had selected him. He could end up being a beast for our hated rivals.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

Didn't one of the guys on NFL Network say the Cowboys was one of the teams that came out "Winners" in this draft? I wouldn't say their draft sucked, but it wasn't what I would call top 5 in the league. They also sighted the Patriots, so it looks like they just love the popular teams.

Who gives a **** what those guys say. You never know how successful a draft was until a few years down the road, anyway.

I didn't see that on NFL Network but here is my two cents.

We didn't come out in the top tier ... but we did a lot better then some analyst are giving up credit for.

We got a lot of guys who will fill in nicely and help us out.

Tyron Smith : Immediate day 1 starter at Right Tackle. Everyone and their mother knew Colombo/Barron were done. Watch the week 1 film on Barron and any game with Colombo ... nuff' said.

Bruce Carter : Future starter at RILB. Was projected a Top 15 pick before injury. Pairing him at MLB with Sean Lee gives us 3 solid LB's for a long time to come. Plus we haven't had a corner that could cover since Kevin Burnett left.

DeMarco Murray : Wasn't exactly a need. But the kid is a baller. He allows us another kick returner (29.0 per kick off return) and had 157 catches out of the back field. Something that Felix nor Choice do well. Once again, like Colombo, the writing was on the wall for MBIII. Honestly ... who was even afraid of Barber anymore? No one.

David Arkin : Four year starter, was ranked #1 Guard entering last year by Phil Steele. Could be groomed to be the future starter at RG.

Josh Thomas : Not angry with the pick. We only had 3 Cb's on our roster most of the year. He is undersized but plays hard. He is a typical Cowboy corner. Doesn't tackle well and has no ball skills.

Dwayne Harris : I LOVE this pick. One of the better slot Receivers in college last season. Will be able to work against teams #3 and 4 corners and should do well in our offense.

Chapas, Nagy: Not a fan of either of these picks. But hey, Nagy was injured in a scooter accident!

I think we came out pretty well here. Jerry has already stated that we will be signing/trading for a Safety (Possibly Michael Huff or even going after Nnamdi). I feel our draft reflects our planning in FA. We will go after a Safety, Guard and re-sign our defensive lineman.

Bruce Carter...LB

This is a great piece of knowledge. Thank you for posting this. I am a bit worried about this player as he is coming off injury and does not have access to the Cowboys facilities. Could hurt him in his rehabilitation efforts. I'm sure that Butch Davis will allow him to work out and rehab at UNC and I'd expect that he would probably get some direction as well but still, you like to see these young men get the best possible help in situations such as this.

Anyhow, thank you for passing that on.

This is a great piece of knowledge. Thank you for posting this. I am a bit worried about this player as he is coming off injury and does not have access to the Cowboys facilities. Could hurt him in his rehabilitation efforts. I'm sure that Butch Davis will allow him to work out and rehab at UNC and I'd expect that he would probably get some direction as well but still, you like to see these young men get the best possible help in situations such as this.

Anyhow, thank you for passing that on.

im friends with a teammate of his at UNC (Zach Brown (LB) Zach was a state champion wrestler and all state Football player at Wild Lake High in Howard County, MD) Zach himself may be undersized to play LB in the NFL...but at 6'2 235...he runs a 4.41 for...well he ran a 4.41 with a bad achilis just this month. he can get under 4.40 when 100%. great athlete with great instincts. i am trying to get him to commit to making a switch to safety but he is hell bent on putting on enough bulk to play LB at the next level...we shall see. but anyway, he thinks B.C is gonna make an impact right away and will be recovered from the ACL by Aug (fully) i asked him right after the draft and he did say he would be "fine by then"......i only asked because how long it too me to recover from ACL........it was a crazy long rehab for me...but then again i tore mine when i was 32 and wrestling in a college tournament vs 20 year olds......and at 32 it took damn near 10 months for me...hell 8 years later and it still swells when i am active......

This was a great post on B.C and based on that and the thoughts from his teammate at UNC, i feel even better about him then i did when they drafted him.

Archived