Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PER ESPN 980...Skins trying to use later 2nd round pick to get more picks.

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I just can't wait for next year when some media **** head says, "The Redskins don't have enough picks" or "They always make the flashy move".

It will be nice to be reminded that the last three seasons we've picked 2 OLBers and an OT in the first round, and this draft we ended up with 9-10 picks, including a possible 4 in the first 3 rounds. :D

I like the move in the first, trading for a later pick and getting the 16th and 49th pick. There are still very good players in the top 50, and it's possible you could even have a starter next year. Typically you'll find good players in that top 100. Any trade that takes the Skins beyond the top 100 means it's unlikely you've got anything but a special teams guy for next year. After the first 50 unlikely you have a starter next year.

The Skins have enough guys on the practice squad. Time to draft some starters. Keep the second rounders. Use the 5th round and later for the practice squad projects.

That looks like a dream scenario. Trying to take of my homer glasses. Would that be a good deal for the Raiders on the value chart?

It would be. Let's call swapping the 48th and 49th pick a wash. Trading the 41st pick for a future 1st rounder would actually be considered a good deal for the Raiders, even if I think that such deals are horrible for the team giving up the future 1st rounder.

It would be. Let's call swapping the 48th and 49th pick a wash. Trading the 41st pick for a future 1st rounder would actually be considered a good deal for the Raiders, even if I think that such deals are horrible for the team giving up the future 1st rounder.

I like it but wonder why the Raiders would sit back and wait for Kaepernick to fall to 41, why risk it, trade up before us assuming a team is willing to trade.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 04:41 PM ----------

Good article just came out by Keim quoting a scout -- saying Jenkins is a better fit at nose versus Pae, high on Kaepernick

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/04/scout-sold-kerrigan-eyes-redskins-2nd-round-options

I like it but wonder why the Raiders would sit back and wait for Kaepernick to fall to 41, why risk it, trade up before us assuming a team is willing to trade.

So they dont have to give that much up that far. Going from 48 to 33 or 34 likely would cost them next year first rd pick. I dont see so Al giving up a next first to move up to 41 it would be nice though.

Archived