Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How a Player feels when the Skins call his name on draft day...

SkinsCrushCowboys

Just an observation from an older fan. In the glory days I would see players truly excited and pumped when the Redskins drafted them. They wanted to play here, a winner. As the years have gone by ( a lot of them now) and the franchise has been struggling I wonder just how much the average draft pick feels when the Redskins call his name.

While I know it is exciting just to get drafted, most of these kids have never seen a Redskin team that was a powerhouse and are too young to remember the tradition of the team. Kind of sad, really. From a fan persepctive the Redskins is where we think every player should want to play, but from the player persepective...they feel they are going to a team that has been losing for most all of their lives.

Hail to get back to being the first choice or players, not just a job and starting a new dynasty..

Here's what guys think when they get drafted by the Skins:

"Hell yeah, I got drafted in to the NFL and I'm about to get paid!"

That's about it. There's probably a small amount of guys who favor particular teams for their own fanhood reasoning or wanting to only play for a recent contender, but overall, I doubt most guys really care.

I was thinking this same thing last night. They aren't even old enough to have seen a really good skins team. But Shanny might make them feel a little better you might think. Better than being drafted by Zorn and Vinny at least.

I was watching the reaction of Ryan Kerrigan when he got drafted by the Redskins. Nothing to really base it on but It almost seemed happy/bittersweet. I almost wonder if he was hoping he might get picked by the Patriots who were coming up. Or maybe he was relieved that the long wait was over.

Bottom line: When you're picked in the middle of the draft -- it's probably a shock to know you're going to a team with one of the worst defenses, with the toughest divisional competitors, and a less-than-stellar history of turmoil and disappointing results. Here's hoping we change that perception and replace it with a "winners" reputation.

I don't know, if I'm coming out of college now, I would not hate being picked by the Lions. Their team is getting stacked on both sides of the ball. Potentially dangerous offense with insane dline.

This..that team is turning the corner....instead of WR,WR,WR, QB,WR,WR,they went DL 2 years in a row in the 1st round.(no I'm not say'in that's correct,just seems that way)

Archived