Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: DeSean Jackson in his own words

Hitman21ST

:bfd:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/04/04/a-few-minutes-with-desean-jackson/?module=HP_cp2

Tell us something about DeSean Jackson we don’t know …

DS: I’m a down-to-earth guy. I like to spend a lot time with my family, and I’m very family oriented. I’m a chill type of guy. The majority of the time I like to be out of the scene. I’m not a flashy guy. I’m very humble, but at the same time very confident.

:ha:

Who is the best receiver in the NFL?

DS: Hands down, I think it’s DeSean Jackson. There are a lot of talented receivers in the game, but it’s basically what you want. I like to do it every way possible. I’m not just a guy who can run deep and catch long balls, I can catch short balls and take it the distance. I sacrifice for my team. I just want to be a complete receiver.

:jerk:

Are you also the best punt returner?

DS: I think I am. Devin Hester, don’t get me wrong, he’s a great returner and has done some unbelievable things as well, but as far as my speed no one out there is faster than me.

:stfu:

You have a penchant for, well, interesting entrances into the end zone. What’s your favorite?

DS: Well, I like turning around from about the 30-yard line and jogging in backwards. Skipping into the end zone. Honestly, whatever comes to mind that’s just what I go with. I just let the game come to me, I try not to force it, I just play and have fun. That’s the biggest thing, when people see me I want them to realize I’m really having fun and enjoying myself. As far as leaving the right message for kids, growing up we need someone to look up to and be positive, and I wanted to see myself being that person. I have some football camps coming up that I want people to check out what we’re doing with the kids. I think it’s huge to give back to them and keep them involved. There’s a lot of kids out there who don’t have a vision, who don’t have anyone to push them in life. I see myself being an icon for that.

Interesting how he avoided any mention of his on-field antics...

Jackson might be ****y but he plays the game the right way: with passion and emotion. Isn't that how we want our players to play? He's never gotten into any legal trouble either.

That's all well and good, but to claim he's the best receiver, when there's Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Roddy White, and others out there (who have better hands, are bigger, and block well) and a better punt returner than the all-time leader in return touchdowns?

That's all well and good, but to claim he's the best receiver, when there's Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Roddy White, and others out there (who have better hands, are bigger, and block well) and a better punt returner than the all-time leader in return touchdowns?

Yeah that was silly but nobody ever said D-Jack was smart. ;)

He's hyping himself up. No problem with that. In fact, I don't have a problem with his game at all, really. The guys good.

But let's be honest. If this were 1985, his career would last approximately one game. Maybe less, because he probably would never have been able to get off the line. The only reason he has any kind of success is that the defense isn't allowed to hit anymore.

I've always wondered why the flags don't come out when he does that stupid turn around crap as he is going into the end zone. If that isn't taunting, explain to me what is.

I still remember when we were playing at home and fletch made a big tackle on 3rd down and raised his arms and yelled to the crowd.....15 yard penalty, 1st down....only on the skins

Skins fan here....and I love D-Jax.

I want my WRs with that kind of swagger. I honestly do think he is a good guy off the field and just plays the game as a game. I hate that he is on the Eagles, but I love the way he plays.

Now if he becomes TO and has the I am right, you are wrong attitude, things will change for me. But right now I don't see that from him.

he's a beast, i can't deny that, but i would rather have a reciever that is more than a 1 trick pony...he can go deep. ever since dunta robinson massacred him, you dont see him go across the middle any more. as a pure reciever(not reciever/returner) i would take maclin over him

Skins fan here....and I love D-Jax.

I want my WRs with that kind of swagger. I honestly do think he is a good guy off the field and just plays the game as a game. I hate that he is on the Eagles, but I love the way he plays.

Now if he becomes TO and has the I am right, you are wrong attitude, things will change for me. But right now I don't see that from him.

I admit the guy is a baller, but just how big of a dbagg he is ruins it all for me, skins fan or not. I know you have to play this game with a certain amount of confidence, but dude never quits wanting the attention

I admit the guy is a baller, but just how big of a dbagg he is ruins it all for me, skins fan or not. I know you have to play this game with a certain amount of confidence, but dude never quits wanting the attention

He couldn't even stand that Aaron Rodgers was getting attention when the Packers knocked them from the playoffs. Had to bomb his post game interview.

This reminds me of when Kellen Winslow was claiming he was the best TE in the league in this third year, and had gotten knocked out by injury in his first two years. :ols:

Jackson is a monster deep threat for sure, and probably is the best in the league on that front. Top 5 punt returner? Sure. One of the fastest in the league? Oh yeah.

But he has got to pay respect to guys who are, quite frankly, more talented as complete receivers than he is. Easily, guys that come to mind include Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Santonio Holmes, and Greg Jennings.

This reminds me of when Kellen Winslow was claiming he was the best TE in the league in this third year, and had gotten knocked out by injury in his first two years. :ols:

Jackson is a monster deep threat for sure, and probably is the best in the league on that front. Top 5 punt returner? Sure. One of the fastest in the league? Oh yeah.

But he has got to pay respect to guys who are, quite frankly, more talented as complete receivers than he is. Easily, guys that come to mind include Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Santonio Holmes, and Greg Jennings.

Then again, coming from someone associated with the Eagles organization, who believe that getting regular season championships and fizzling out in the playoffs is the just as good as winning Super Bowls, thinking that since he's the best at one aspect of the receiving game, he's the best receiver isn't that surprising. It follows the same logic.

he's a kinucklehead, but he's talented and plays at a position where swagger helps. Those saying the best arguments are made on the field are correct though, and I wouldn't be happy with all the comments D-Jax made even if it came from a Skins player, but I don't think the comments are anything to get bent out of shape over either. Some guys talk some guys don't, what you do on the field counts most IMO.

i used to hate desean jackson.

now i REALLY hate him. this guy is such a fool. yeah he can run fast, great. hes such an ass its unbelievable. ya know at least guys like TO and CJ85 and randy moss ran their mouths and were crazy, but those guys were the full package. jackson runs one route, the "im way faster than you route" down the field. go over the middle? dunta robinson showed us what Djax looks like over the middle.

and better than hester at PR? LOL, thats embarrassing. hes comparing himself to maybe the best returner in the history of the game and jackson isnt even close. ugh he sucks.

Jackson might be ****y but he plays the game the right way: with passion and emotion. Isn't that how we want our players to play? He's never gotten into any legal trouble either.

Exactly. One thing Tedford does at Cal is instill confidence and bravado in his players...especially the good ones.

DeSean has the skills to back up the talk...unfortunately, he's an Eagle...:(

To be fair, Laron talked major trash to him before the game. And that's who he was directing that at.

Right on. But I figure if you describe yourself as humble you let that stuff slide off your back. I'm not saying LaRon didn't have it coming. I'm saying DeSean shouldn't use humble when describing himself. I bet Barry Sanders had players every week jawing at him. Can't see him prancing backwards for thirty yards into the end zone.

Archived