Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Butler / UCON game is a joke...

skin'em

Because it's easy to make a 2000-mile trip in the middle of the school year?

Have you looked at the price of airline tickets recently?

Anyway, that was the single worst basketball game I've ever watched.

Well Butler has been there and lost twice. As they need even more experience as they will get there. And win eventually. Just give them time. While it is very rare for a small school to hit it in the big time. Not many schools can do that. As they compete against the 1,000 pound gorilla in big-tie universities!

Everyone loves to talk about how bad the BCS is for college football and many writers wax poetic about the NCAA March Madness, but the real, dirty little secret is that the BCS delivers quality teams playing other quality teams, and the tournament is a crap-shoot.

There are at least 30 teams sitting home last night thinking (and rightly so) that they could beat either UConn or Butler. That doesn't happen with the BCS. Imagine how people would have felt if the Football National Championship last season would have been Arkansas vs Tulsa (basically what we got in the basketball game). Sorry, but while the tournament may be fun to watch, do any of you really believe that UConn is the best team in the country? I didn't think so.

The regular season doesn't matter in the post season. All it tells you is how consistent a team WAS in the past.... unless of course you like the scam called the BCS. That uses the regular season to determine who can play a SINGLE GAME to be crowned champion. No tournament at all that forces "the best record" to play one loss teams or teams that heat up late. Nope, no need to do what every other team sport in the world does! If the NFL did that the Patriots would have played the Falcons in the superbowl last season. The Steelers and Packers wouldn't have even had a chance to play for a title.

Reminder: The Packers destroyed the Falcons 48-21. The patriots failed to beat a wild card team for the chance to even play the steelers. Oh if only more sports crowned a champ like the the BCS!

You know as a sports fan I don't care if I get small schools playing because frankly I don't care at all about the size and name of a program. It's real simple, if you want to be the champ you have to beat the best teams consecutively to earn the right. Be it series or single elimination I don't care. The BCS is garbage and their "champs" invalid.

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

I'm still pissed i watched this entire game

I went to play basketball and everyone that showed up was glad they did. hahaha

Because it's easy to make a 2000-mile trip in the middle of the school year?

Have you looked at the price of airline tickets recently?

Anyway' date=' that was the single worst basketball game I've ever watched.[/quote']

Three points

1- Each Final Four school had a deal where students would get transportation(bus),hotel, and ticket for a reasonable price. I know VCU was one of them.($25)

2- It was cheaper to fly from Conn to Houston than from Richmond or Dulles at the time.

3- Its the national championship. You gonna tell me that not one Uconn student could make the trip? Perhaps they were too busy with the Women's Final Four? I heard a lot of them showed up to that.

Archived