Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here I go again :(

spjunkies

Yeah but atleast when they turn you down you didn't waste money buying them drinks. ;-]

Never buy a chick a drink when first talking to her. You look like every other loser in the bar. I never have and never will. I have a high rate of success, because this is one of my rules.

100% agree with joining a co-ed league. Great way to meet people. Half my friends in DC now are people I meet in a league.

Most girls at church at worse than girls you meet a bar. They are just faking being good, which is a big red flag. And if they are really that pure you don't want them anyway, because they only do one position and you have to wait for marriage.

Oh and I will add. OP you live in CC. You are more than welcome to come party with me and my buddies in Arlington sometime. A night out with us might change your outlook, we make talking to women look very easy.

Shootin pool is a good way to meet people at bars too. I always make new friends when I play.

Or go on a night that has a sports game on that you're interested in. Then you meet people who like the same team as you (or you meet someone you can playfully talk **** to). Wear a jersey. It gives you something easy to talk about that you're comfortable with and you don't really have to struggle for conversation.

Pick6- I don't think a guy is a loser if he buys me a drink. But then again, I love to drink soooo....:cheers:

Most girls at church at worse than girls you meet a bar. They are just faking being good, which is a big red flag. And if they are really that pure you don't want them anyway, because they only do one position and you have to wait for marriage.

This is true - I avoid the whole meeting a girl at church.....there is probably a reason they are there, and I'm not talking about learning more about Jesus...they most likely have issues

What percentage of guys have actually picked up a woman in a bar? It has to be less than 15 percent' date=' right?

Want to meet a woman? Take a cooking class or a wine tasting class or a yoga class or an art class. You have a better chance of getting laid and will actually improve yourself as a person.

And the irony of improving yourself as a person? You will develop more self-confidence which will help you meet women.

If I could have cooked at age 23 the way I can now, I think I would have gotten laid every weekend.[/quote']

As somebody with skills in the kitchen and who knows wine, I second this post.

I'll also add volunteering to it again. Women love a man with compassion and a volunteer is just that. The worst thing that happens, you make a few friends and do good for people or animals who need it.

What percentage of guys have actually picked up a woman in a bar? It has to be less than 15 percent' date=' right?[/quote']

Really?! Everyone of my friends has on multiple occasions. Though granted we normally were in places that played latin music and danced which made for a built in ice breaker with everyone in the bar not accompanied by an angry looking male. I met my wife when I was 22 though so I haven't had to do this as a "real" adult. My friends still do though and from what I've seen it seems to have gotten easier.

Want to meet a woman? Take a cooking class or a wine tasting class or a yoga class or an art class. You have a better chance of getting laid and will actually improve yourself as a person.

And the irony of improving yourself as a person? You will develop more self-confidence which will help you meet women.

If I could have cooked at age 23 the way I can now' date=' I think I would have gotten laid every weekend.[/quote']Can't argue with this though I'd say again, meet them everywhere you can. The issue is people want to "hook up" and focus on that too much. Just meet women and the opportunity will present itself. Think of it as a numbers game. Clubs, bars, cooking classes, co-ed kickball leagues, co-ed flag football leagues, meet-up group happy hours, etc etc. There are so many places to meet people that are easy to plug into these days that you don't even need to know anyone to get into.

The sad thing is that I AM looking to just hit for now, but if it turns into a LTR I have no problem with that.

Just tell yourself if she rejects you so be it. And remember if she rejects you what are the odds you will see her again, or either of you will remember each other down the line?

I see hear this all the time and laugh. Why on earth do people say this?! What about being at a bar negates her as a long term prospect for a person that clearly enjoys going out for a drink? You meet all kinds of women everywhere, even church.

My point isn't that you wont find a long term relationship at a bar. What I meant is that there are other places to find someone you are compatible with especially if you are uneasy at a bar and such a setting when looking for long term relationships.

And to the people who suggested cooking class.. I guess i have to sign up for some classes :D

Archived