Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My video game profile/what should I play?

KevinthePRF

Never played Arkham Asylum. And inFamous was so long ago I don't remember if it started slow or what. I just remember playing it for like 5 hours at a time and loving every minute.

Arkham Asylum is my second favorite game to Heavy Rain. Arkham City this November. Can't wait.

If you think Knights of the Old Republic is the best game of all time you may enjoy a couple of other BioWare games such as Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age. I've never played Dragon Age but a friend of mine was addicted for a while. These games are all single player games which focus on the story, in fact Mass Effect is extremely similar to Knights of the Old Republic in style with a completely different story and set of characters. It differs from Knights of the Old Republic in the sense that it generally blends a bit more of the first person shooter aspects into it rather than the lightsaber fights with queued attacks. There are of course classes of players who primarily stick to guns, who have great technical abilities, who have these sort of bio-powers, etc and the leveling up and use of powers is similar to Knights of the Old Republic.

If you really liked the one game I'm sure you'll enjoy Mass Effect.

If you still have a Super Nintendo I would suggest Super Mario RPG. It may be nostalgia speaking but my top 5 single player RPG's I've ever played goes like this:

1. Super Mario RPG (SNES)

2. Ocarina of Time (N64)

3. Knights of the Old Republic (I played it on XBOX and tried out the PC)

4. The Legend of Zelda / The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past (SNES)

5. Mass Effect (PC)

Also if you were such a big fan of Knights of the Old Republic, I would suggest keeping an eye on Star Wars: The Old Republic which is coming out...eventually...from BioWare. You mentioned you are not a multiplayer fan which is why I'm mentioning this as a side note, but it looks like it'll be a pretty awesome game regardless.

Saints Row and Saints Row 2 were decent at best alternatives to the GTA series.

The new Dead Rising was pretty good.

I am waiting for Homefront to come out. Due out on Tuesday.

Have you played Left for Dead 2 yet? Pretty good and its co-op and adversarial multiplayer, so you get your choice of online interaction.

Im playing NBA2k11 right now. game play is pretty good, but the soundtrack to the game is horrible and gets stuck in my head.

If you like FPS and have PS3, Killzone 3 is out.

The Fallout series is very good.

I used to like the Tiger Woods series, but they keep tweaking the controls and I have to keep relearning every year so I stopped buying them.

The FIFA games are awesome, and addicting even if you don't like or watch soccer.

I've been playing, for PC, WoW, Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft 2, etc.*

For Xbox, I primarily have been playing Madden 11, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Modern Warfare 2.

Btw, has anyone played CoD: Black Ops? Is it worth it? I kinda wanna play it, but it just doesn't seem like it is worth the money, and it came out way too soon after Modern Warfare(which,again, I still play)

*Need a new game for PC*

I've been playing, for PC, WoW, Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft 2, etc.*

For Xbox, I primarily have been playing Madden 11, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Modern Warfare 2.

Btw, has anyone played CoD: Black Ops? Is it worth it? I kinda wanna play it, but it just doesn't seem like it is worth the money, and it came out way too soon after Modern Warfare(which,again, I still play)

*Need a new game for PC*

Black Ops has been lag ridden for the most part. I play directly hardwired to the modem as well. No wireless, no router. I experience lag on the regular, and I think the first map pack they released was kind of crappy (just my opinion). If you liked Battlefield2 Bad Company or the Vietnam DLC they put out, you may like Homefront. Destructable environments, and levels that get larger as objectives are completed, negating certain "camping" situations by changing the site lines and distances in the level, mid level. Lots of easy to drive vehicles as well.

I played Black Ops, and its basically like the rest of the COD's, and they have become nothing special in my opinion. To each their own though. For what its worth, I think it rated pretty well.

Black Ops has been lag ridden for the most part. I play directly hardwired to the modem as well. No wireless, no router. I experience lag on the regular, and I think the first map pack they released was kind of crappy (just my opinion). If you liked Battlefield2 Bad Company or the Vietnam DLC they put out, you may like Homefront. Destructable environments, and levels that get larger as objectives are completed, negating certain "camping" situations by changing the site lines and distances in the level, mid level. Lots of easy to drive vehicles as well.

I played Black Ops, and its basically like the rest of the COD's, and they have become nothing special in my opinion. To each their own though. For what its worth, I think it rated pretty well.

What you just said is what kept me from getting Black Ops. That's what I figured it would be like. Nothing special. I'll stick to taking my frustration from Madden out in Modern Warfare 2 :evilg:

Homefront sounds pretty good. I may have to check it out.

Archived