Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Jerruh takes partial blame for the XLV seating problems

Hitman21ST

Jerruh finally owns up...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6158100

INDIANAPOLIS -- In his first public comments since the Super Bowl seating fiasco at Cowboys Stadium, Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said he shares responsibility for what happened to hundreds of fans who couldn't get proper seating at the $1.2 billion facility.

"I do, along with the NFL, take responsibility for the seating issue and some of the things that we would like to improve on regarding the seating issues," Jones said during a 30-minute interview with Cowboys beat reporters Friday morning. "The informing of the fans that were involved, the NFL and I take responsibility for. You always like to look at areas you can do better, get better. We certainly intend to and will get much better in terms of the seating and how that is handled."

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why is it that he feels the NFL should share the blame along with him? Did they determine the number of tickets that should be sold, or was that jerry telling them how many he could seat? Did the NFL cause jerry to drag his feet on bringing his extra seating up to fire code or was jerry too busy planning his next trip to vegas?

I only ask because of the way he keeps throwing the NFL in there with his statements of accepting responsibility, as if to say "I am only partially to blame, the NFL are the bad guys in this too".

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why is it that he feels the NFL should share the blame along with him? Did they determine the number of tickets that should be sold, or was that jerry telling them how many he could seat? Did the NFL cause jerry to drag his feet on bringing his extra seating up to fire code or was jerry too busy planning his next trip to vegas?

I only ask because of the way he keeps throwing the NFL in there with his statements of accepting responsibility, as if to say "I am only partially to blame, the NFL are the bad guys in this too".

To partially cover his ass, remember there are lawsuits out there and if he said he was solely to blame, guess who the lawsuits would solely go after?

To partially cover his ass, remember there are lawsuits out there and if he said he was solely to blame, guess who the lawsuits would solely go after?

Nah, people would still go after the NFL no matter what Jones said...lawyers always go after defendants who have the most money lol...even if that defendant has no role in what transpired. Now, the NFL could hypothetically claim that since Jones said it was all his fault that they aren't responsible for any monetary damages, but even then it wouldn't matter because a judge would determine if the NFL should be held responsible, regardless of what Jerruh said or didn't say.

I think your "cover his ass" comment was basically it :yes:...Jerruh wants everyone to know that it was also the NFL who screwed up, not just him lol :D...the title of the article should really be "Jerruh takes partial blame for the XLV seating problems".

The Superbowl is run and controlled by the NFL, not the stadium owner, however the stadium generally is considered a contractor to the NFL and thus would have some responsibility.

I think your "cover his ass" comment was basically it :yes:...Jerruh wants everyone to know that it was also the NFL who screwed up, not just him lol :D...the title of the article should really be "Jerruh takes partial blame for the XLV seating problems".

Fixed the title for ya ;)

The Superbowl is run and controlled by the NFL, not the stadium owner, however the stadium generally is considered a contractor to the NFL and thus would have some responsibility.

Still, was it the NFL who decided to add all that seating or was it jerry telling them that was what the stadium could seat? And was it jerry who needed to bring the seating up to code or was it the NFL? Not arguing, I am genuinely curious. If both of those are the NFL's responsibility, then jerry is kind of being a stand up guy. But if those are the responsibility of jerry he really has no right to throw the NFL in the mix when he accepts only partial blame.

I couldn't foresee a scenario where it could be a 50/50 thing.

Still, was it the NFL who decided to add all that seating or was it jerry telling them that was what the stadium could seat? And was it jerry who needed to bring the seating up to code or was it the NFL? Not arguing, I am genuinely curious. If both of those are the NFL's responsibility, then jerry is kind of being a stand up guy. But if those are the responsibility of jerry he really has no right to throw the NFL in the mix when he accepts only partial blame.

I couldn't foresee a scenario where it could be a 50/50 thing.

I suspect it was a 50/50 situation, With very few corporate sponsors involved with the superbowl lately, more seating means more money to run the superbowl. Its a pretty expensive operation.

Archived