Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big name Free Agents is a Redskins Tradition, so why not big name Coordinators/Position Coaches?

i<3DC4ever

Sometimes I feel like we are brothers separated at birth. You and I are on the same page most of the time. wanted to read every post and I kept seeing hiring a good GM. Well, we did that. I feel like you do, that with Dan's money, we should have the best scouting dept. in the NFL. It seems like that is the REAL area that we are lacking.

:cheers:

Right...if Saunders was going to stay, I imagine it would have been with Williams as the head coach. It would have basically been an extension of Gibbs' run here.

There were reports that Williams and Saunders didn't get along so I'm not sure we would have kept Saunders if Williams had gotten the job.

This can't be a real post anyone with knowledge of the redskins organization knows we hit the big FA players as well as the available coaches, were always getting the "best" coordinators in the game. Marvin Lewis was in Baltimore before coming here, and supposedly the best DC available. Al Saunders was the mastermind behind the Chiefs explosive offense, now we have lil Shanny that crafted Schaub into a pro bowl caliber QB all by himself.......................OP you have to be joking.

For everyone who is offended and upset with me by this post, I appologized in the final sentences of it saying I have done research on it but didn't shore up anything. I live all the way down here in Florida, & have since the new millenium, so I don't have the same news coverage on the Redskins as most of you do; I have all Buccaneers info to feed off of here. I had no clue Kyle Shannahan was a great aquisition & thought he was here more because of his father, who I knew was a big time hiring at head coach. I didn't know Gregg Williams was a gem before we got him, considering I was only 12 at the time & still down here in Florida, & I grew up to know him simply as the man who kept our defense in the top 10 in the NFC amost his entire tenure. A lot of these big name coordinators that you all have presented with info upon were all tenured when I wasn't even a teenager yet. I didn't have a computer back then, my parents didn't have ESPN running on the family tv, & news coverage in Florida didn't present me with breaking news of these signings back then. I looked online, & good info was easy to come across, so I assumed if it wasn't showing up online then it must not have been big signings. However, I appologized ahead of time because I know I am not some sort of expert, & simply thought maybe it was an idea. I didn't come here trying to seem like a "lost puppy" or say something that had many of you fellow fans seeming angry at me. I'm new to this, & I wanted insight; which I thank those of you who brought up the scouting department, because that really never even crossed my mind & is really something that would impact the Skins tremendously. All in all though, I'm here to learn & get more insight of the team that I still love through these rough times, just as all of you do. I know I'm not the most inlightened upon the Redskins compared to many of you, & I was hoping that's what I could gain from this, along with becoming part of an online family that shares the same love as me... our Washinton Redskins.

For everyone who is offended and upset with me by this post' date=' I appologized in the final sentences of it saying I have done research on it but didn't shore up anything. I live all the way down here in Florida, & have since the new millenium, so I don't have the same news coverage on the Redskins as most of you do; I have all Buccaneers info to feed off of here. I had no clue Kyle Shannahan was a great aquisition & thought he was here more because of his father, who I knew was a big time hiring at head coach.

I didn't know Gregg Williams was a gem before we got him, considering I was only 12 at the time & still down here in Florida, & I grew up to know him simply as the man who kept our defense in the top 10 in the NFC amost his entire tenure. A lot of these big name coordinators that you all have presented with info upon were all tenured when I wasn't even a teenager yet. I didn't have a computer back then, my parents didn't have ESPN running on the family tv, & news coverage in Florida didn't present me with breaking news of these signings back then. I looked online, & good info was easy to come across, so I assumed if it wasn't showing up online then it must not have been big signings. However, I appologized ahead of time because I know I am not some sort of expert, & simply thought maybe it was an idea.

I didn't come here trying to seem like a "lost puppy" or say something that had many of you fellow fans seeming angry at me. I'm new to this, & I wanted insight; which I thank those of you who brought up the scouting department, because that really never even crossed my mind & is really something that would impact the Skins tremendously. All in all though, I'm here to learn & get more insight of the team that I still love through these rough times, just as all of you do. I know I'm not the most inlightened upon the Redskins compared to many of you, & I was hoping that's what I could gain from this, along with becoming part of an online family that shares the same love as me... our Washinton Redskins.[/quote']

dont sweat it buddy. most folks here day to day at this time of year are very knowledgable about the game and more so about the Skins. its not easy coming into that type of atmosphere. with this clarifying post all will react accordingly. welcome to the board and a helpful hint, break up big blocks of text as i did with your above. makes it easier on the eyes. and hey, your first thread is already 3 pages.....

dont sweat it buddy. most folks here day to day at this time of year are very knowledgable about the game and more so about the Skins. its not easy coming into that type of atmosphere. with this clarifying post all will react accordingly. welcome to the board and a helpful hint, break up big blocks of text as i did with your above. makes it easier on the eyes. and hey, your first thread is already 3 pages.....

Thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome.. hopefully I can brush up on my Skins knowledge daily & get a better insight as to what's going on up there in the DMV.

For everyone who is offended and upset with me by this post' date=' I appologized in the final sentences of it saying I have done research on it but didn't shore up anything. I live all the way down here in Florida, & have since the new millenium, so I don't have the same news coverage on the Redskins as most of you do; I have all Buccaneers info to feed off of here. I had no clue Kyle Shannahan was a great aquisition & thought he was here more because of his father, who I knew was a big time hiring at head coach. I didn't know Gregg Williams was a gem before we got him, considering I was only 12 at the time & still down here in Florida, & I grew up to know him simply as the man who kept our defense in the top 10 in the NFC amost his entire tenure. A lot of these big name coordinators that you all have presented with info upon were all tenured when I wasn't even a teenager yet. I didn't have a computer back then, my parents didn't have ESPN running on the family tv, & news coverage in Florida didn't present me with breaking news of these signings back then. I looked online, & good info was easy to come across, so I assumed if it wasn't showing up online then it must not have been big signings. However, I appologized ahead of time because I know I am not some sort of expert, & simply thought maybe it was an idea. I didn't come here trying to seem like a "lost puppy" or say something that had many of you fellow fans seeming angry at me. I'm new to this, & I wanted insight; which I thank those of you who brought up the scouting department, because that really never even crossed my mind & is really something that would impact the Skins tremendously. All in all though, I'm here to learn & get more insight of the team that I still love through these rough times, just as all of you do. I know I'm not the most inlightened upon the Redskins compared to many of you, & I was hoping that's what I could gain from this, along with becoming part of an online family that shares the same love as me... our Washinton Redskins.[/quote']

So, maybe you should have read for a while before making an idiotic first post.

If you followed the team since Snyder took over, you had to notice Ray Rhodes, Marvin Lewis, Joe Bugel, Gregg Williams, Al Saunders, Jim Haslett, and Kyle Shanahan on the sidelines.

The only coaches who really had obviously poor staffs were Spurrier and Zorn.

So' date=' maybe you should have read for a while before making an idiotic first post.

If you followed the team since Snyder took over, you had to notice Ray Rhodes, Marvin Lewis, Joe Bugel, Gregg Williams, Al Saunders, Jim Haslett, and Kyle Shanahan on the sidelines.

The only coaches who really had obviously poor staffs were Spurrier and Zorn.[/quote']

LKB, pay attention to the implied age of the poster and consider revising your tone. Following the team means different things to different people and there are sure as hell a lot of things you aren't really following closely if you're a younger fan.

Thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome.. hopefully I can brush up on my Skins knowledge daily & get a better insight as to what's going on up there in the DMV.

Yeah' date=' welcome to the board. Having thick skin around here is a must. Don't sweat it. You will learn alot in here. There are some very knowledgable fans in here.

LKB, pay attention to the implied age of the poster and consider revising your tone. Following the team means different things to different people and there are sure as hell a lot of things you aren't really following closely if you're a younger fan.

+1. Very over the top LBK, especially after the guy apoligized.

I considered revising my tone and decided against doing so.

It was a stupid post. I have a zero tolerance policing for dumb posts.

I'm sure others have addressed it, but we tried that before under Gibbs. Remember the all-star coaching unit? Gibbs, Saunders, and Williams?

That didn't work out too well. The problem with that is that there can be too many cooks in the kitchen. Especially, in the case of Gibbs and Saunders, on the offensive side of the ball.

Archived