Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Shaun Rogers may visit Redskins

Sanders 83

Can we stop raiding other teams dumpsters PLEASE!!! The guy did absolutely nothing last year (so what if he was at end). He could not help the freaking Browns!!! So sick of this crap.....Same ole' Skins AGAIN. I hate this team, I really do.

Dumpster diving can be quite fruitful. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries before the Rams added him to the roster. LOTS of players do not do so well under a certain coach or defensive scheme (Haynesworth for example); sometimes it is injuries or being played out of position. The FACT is that the Redskins have lots of holes to fill and only only two high draft choices. Exactly how do you think the holes are going to be filled?

As long as the Skins sign guys for what they are truly worth and not break the bank every time, another team's trash is better than the garbage on our own roster.

EDIT: Just read from a cleveland newspaper that Rogers was injured all summer and never got into football shape and continued to rehab during the season. Not sure what the injury was. Some fans have alluded that he was dogging it ala Haynesworth.

Signing him is worthless unless he has the drive and dedication to resurrect his career.

He isn't gonna sign with us this week since he has multiple teams contacting him:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e4343e/article/redskins-among-many-pursuing-rogers-dl-in-no-rush?module=HP_headlines

Defensive lineman Shaun Rogers will meet with the Washington Redskins on Friday, but will not sign with an NFL team this week, according to a league source.

The three-time Pro Bowler, known as "Big Baby," was released by the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday, but is in no rush to sign with another suitor.

Upwards of a third of the league has contacted the defensive lineman, and Rogers will assess the situation over the weekend and then decide if he wants to take more visits, or begin negotiations with one or more teams.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Shaun Rogers meets with Redskins, signing is not imminent

By Mike Jones

Washington Redskins coaches and officials met with free agent defensive tackle Shaun Rogers on Friday, and no signing is imminent, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The Redskins are in the market for a nose tackle to anchor the line in their 3-4 defense, and Rogers, an 11-year veteran and three-time Pro Bowl pick, is considered one of the top defensive tackles available.

He was cut by Cleveland earlier this week and because of that early release, he is free to sign with any team before the official start of free agency, which won't commence until a new collective bargaining agreement is settled on between the owners and players union.

The 6-foot-4, 350-pound Rogers played sparingly last season while limited by injuries. Rogers reportedly has as many as 10 teams interested in his services. He is expected to command a contract worth roughly $5 million per season.

The Redskins' interest in him is another indication that Albert Haynesworth is on his way out of town. Signed to a contract worth $41 million in guaranteed money just two years ago, he was major disappointment and this past season clashed repeatedly with coach Mike Shanahan because of his unwillingness to play nose tackle in the 3-4.

I mean lets be realistic here Dro, while he's a good player the guy is 32 years old and while he can be effective I'm not going to overpay him to have him on the team

i think he could be serviceable for a minimal contract.. i mean its kinda like the Willie + LJ situations.. yea they failed in the in but we gave it a shot thats all i want..im not for overpaying him but we honestly dont even know if what he wanted was unreasonable..for all we know we could just be lowballing the hell out of him.. i just think our dline would look better with us having more depth.. let us fill in other holes and develope a real NT/DE.

oh i follow you bro.. went back and forth witcha a few times. @Dro_08

I know. :)

Point is, local media was HOURS behind. Some things never change I guess. :)

Wonder how long it'll take them to get Newton bit I just tweeted? :D

Don't really see Cam being a starter Day 1 unless he really beasts at the Combine. Then I don't see him being there at #10. I've said since McNabb was benched that was 50/50 he'd be the starter next season (provided there IS a next season. Stoopid effin CBA.....) & really, nothing has changed to indicate it being other then still 50/50 on McNabb.

Looks like the media was basically wetting themselves over Newton's workout. Now they're saying he could go top 5. Wow!

Mayock nailed it though. :)

---------- Post added February-11th-2011 at 07:53 PM ----------

Its also interesting and funny of what you said about DT and MK. :ols:

Yeah well....that was for someone that thinks they always know better when they don't know much. :)

Archived