Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Lockheed employees?

Xameil

OK, probably shouldn't have made a thread for this, but I am really hoping to speak to someone who may be able to help me. I just recently sent my resume for a position at Lockheed that I have extensive experience in and feel I would be an excellent fit, so kinda hoping there is a Lockheed employee on here that can steer my resume the right way since I don't put full confidence in applying online.

So if anyone can help this redskins fan get out of giants country...;)

You mean Ft. Meade, MD? If it is and you get in there you can have pretty damn good job security. They would probably be doing something for NSA. Most of the contractors in the area are at NSA's disposal.

yeah Ft. Meade, MD. It is for an environmental chemist job that fits my skill set perfectly.

I know I have been very reluctant to move away from the same state as my daughter, but....some things have been happening that make me want to finally make the move towards DC

yeah Ft. Meade, MD. It is for an environmental chemist job that fits my skill set perfectly.

I know I have been very reluctant to move away from the same state as my daughter, but....some things have been happening that make me want to finally make the move towards DC

Good luck, I hope wherever you go you still get to see you daughter as much possible, I know how much that means to you. Don't have any contacts at Lockheed, but if you do get it, we got plenty of help for you on advice about moving into the area.

my cousin works for lockheed out in denver. the dc area sucks, you should move somewhere else and get a job with them. i guess you can't do this b/c you want to stay relatively close to your daughter, but i wouldn't move to dc if i had a choice

I would not say it sucks. It is great for some, not so much for others. I lived around D.C. for a long time, and decided it was not for me. But I still have a lot of family and friends that love it up there. I am guessing that Xameil has been around the area enough to know whether the area is going to be a good fit for him or not.

my cousin works for lockheed out in denver. the dc area sucks, you should move somewhere else and get a job with them. i guess you can't do this b/c you want to stay relatively close to your daughter, but i wouldn't move to dc if i had a choice

For a job, this area definitely doesnt suck...especially since I work for a similar company like Lockheed - everything is at your disposal. Its great.

Now if you are referring to the traffic/expensive housing...then yes. It is horrible here.

I did an internship with Lockheed, my mother works for them now. She has told me that certain branches of Lockheed are indeed actively looking for employees, especially because the foreign competition on government contracts has increased. She is in a completely different sector than where you are trying to go Xamiel, but I would see if you can get in contact with Steve Mengucci (pronounced Man-goo-chee) not sure if spelling is correct. He is based out of PA, and has been heading the effort to get more employees. Plus it seems he is next in line to become President there.

I will tell you that a lot of Lockheed people are really bad about returning e-mails and phone calls, so if you're really serious about the job then you are going to have to hound the Ft. Meade branch for an interview.

I did an internship with Lockheed, my mother works for them now. She has told me that certain branches of Lockheed are indeed actively looking for employees, especially because the foreign competition on government contracts has increased. She is in a completely different sector than where you are trying to go Xamiel, but I would see if you can get in contact with Steve Mengucci (pronounced Man-goo-chee) not sure if spelling is correct. He is based out of PA, and has been heading the effort to get more employees. Plus it seems he is next in line to become President there.

I will tell you that a lot of Lockheed people are really bad about returning e-mails and phone calls, so if you're really serious about the job then you are going to have to hound the Ft. Meade branch for an interview.

Thank you for the heads up. I'll contact them on Monday to try and track someone down.

Archived