Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

19 Years: What were you doing January 26th 1992?

SkinsHokieFan

I was 15-years-old...watched the 1st half at a girl's house at Fort Detrick then went home during halftime and watched the Redskins dog the Bills. That was a great year. I remember tears rolling down my eyes when we were 11-0 and Dallas beat us 23-21. I just knew we were going undefeated. It looked so easy for them. Just throw the ball up for grabs and Monk, Clark or Sanders was coming down with it. Had four good RBs in Byner, Irvins, Riggs and Mitchell. Wilbur Marshall and Kurt Goveia(sp) putting in work.

There's a game on Xbox 360 called All-Pro Football 2K8. Its almost four years old, but we still play it online for its customization. Anyway, Rypien, Clark and Sanders are in the game already and I created other players to try to resemble the '91 team. Good memories indeed.

I also remember WPGC 95.5 remixing the Geto Boyz "Mind Playing Tricks On Me" and made a Redskins rap and called it "We're Going to the Show, Homie". Every week the lyrics would change according to the opponent.

I believe we changed the carpet in our house that day, before the game.

---------- Post added January-28th-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

I was 15-years-old...watched the 1st half at a girl's house at Fort Detrick then went home during halftime and watched the Redskins dog the Bills. That was a great year. I remember tears rolling down my eyes when we were 11-0 and Dallas beat us 23-21. I just knew we were going undefeated. It looked so easy for them. Just throw the ball up for grabs and Monk, Clark or Sanders was coming down with it. Had four good RBs in Byner, Irvins, Riggs and Mitchell. Wilbur Marshall and Kurt Goveia(sp) putting in work.

There's a game on Xbox 360 called All-Pro Football 2K8. Its almost four years old, but we still play it online for its customization. Anyway, Rypien, Clark and Sanders are in the game already and I created other players to try to resemble the '91 team. Good memories indeed.

Up for grabs? Please. Rypien threw that ball on a string when he went deep.

I'm not trying to brag, but I knew back then that we were going to win. Maybe I was just a kid back in those days, but I wasn't nervous one bit. The Skins countered Bill's every move especially when the Bills tried that fast-paced no-huddle offense.

---------- Post added January-28th-2011 at 09:25 PM ----------

I didn't mean it in a way that he wasn't accurate or anything. Just every time he threw deep a Skins WR was catching it.

Watching the Superbowl. I didn't become a fan until after Superbowl 22 so this was my first Superbowl as a fan. I was lucky to be living in Falls Church at the time. I remember walking down the street to the Skins merchandise store. I waited until after the Superbowl because I knew we would win.

I watched the game at home and I remember being angry and pounding my table when Art Monk had his TD reversed.

I think I had both the radio and TV on.

Just to think that Superbowl will probably be the only one as a fan unless things change somehow.

I had just turned 8 on jan 7 and watched the game alone in my room. Had no doubt that we would win but was a lil nervous. I remember the whole game and at halftime I switched to the special in living color show. The defense is what stands out to me in that game. They were dominant and I loved when andre reed threw his helmet down. Brad edward had a great game. And yea it was weird to see kenneth davis get the start over thurman when he couldn't find his helmut.

I remember it looked cold in minn

It was actually a heat wave by Minnesota standards, 25 degrees at kickoff, we were knocking down a few, so it didn't matter anyways

I remember after the game, the only restaurant open on that glorious Sunday night, was a Chinese buffett, man we pigged out like HOGS

I was only 5 years old but I remember it vividly. I knew all of the popular players by name, number and position. My grandpa came over and told me he would give me ten bucks if the Redskins won. I remember getting out all my Redskins clothes, stuffed animals and everything Redskins I had and putting it all in front of the TV. I always heard that the Redskins were the best team so I thought that meant that they would win it all every year. Boy was I wrong lol.

I still maintain that along with the undefeated dolphins, and the super bowl losing patriots, that years Skins team was perhaps one of the best in that one given year than any other team every fielded, except for those two. We were regularly stomping some of the competition as I recall.

Archived