Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

19 Years: What were you doing January 26th 1992?

SkinsHokieFan

I was private training at the gym I eventually bought. Getting congrats from friends and a few mean looks from a few others. ;) I was really looking forward to going to work at the bar that night since several of the guys I worked with had picked Buffalo,(several had also picked Detroit and Atlanta as well. Poor bastages).

I was cleaning up a guest area at my parents home because I had friends from Binghamton, NY (HUGE BILLS FANS) coming over to watch the game! When they arrived several left before 1/2 time, the rest left after Kurt Gouveia's interception on the 2nd play of the 2nd 1/2! AWESOME MEMORIES!!!

I missed most of that season, unfortunately, because I was away at school. Unfortunately we didn't have slingbox or directv or even so many sports bars back then. :)

But of course I got to watch the playoffs and the SB. Seems like a century ago now. I don't think I appreciated it enough. Heck, we had been in like half of the NFC championship games in the preceding decade anyway. It was almost routine, really.

Now if we ever get to another NFC championship, let alone the SB, I think my head will explode.

My 20 year old son was just flipping through some old pictures the other week and came across a photo of a bunch of us at a super bowl party from that night.

My son was 2 at the time and has no recollection of the Redskins having been a Championship caliber team, which is sad.

I didn't take it for granted at all. I was 14 or 15, and wasn't a big football fan the last time the Skins won it. Honestly, I don't think I even watched the 1987 super bowl. I KNEW that this stuff didn't happen every year, and I really was into the Skins 1990 and 1991 season. I went to a friend's house to watch the game - they had just got a huge big screen TV - and enjoyed it in the hugest way possible. The Skins kicked ass, just like they had all year.

And that was that. 19 years later I'm 36 and hoping one day the Skins will make it to the playoffs again.

I was inOkinawa in the Marine Enlisted Barracks on Camp Hansen at 6am Monday morning. I was in the maintenance batallion and they let us start work a couple hours late that day so we could watch the game. Little did I know, that was the last chance I'd get to see my Redskins in a Super Bowl for a loooooonnnnggg time.

Man, I was just talking about this with my girlfriend last night.

I was working in Kenly, NC with a demolition company (DH Griffin) ... ironically the other demolition company that was doing the job with us was out of Buffalo, NY. You talking about a fun time... NC was Redskins Country at that time...and us playing the Bills... those guys were some **** talkers until they got their asses handed to them.

2 months later, I fall 42 feet and break my neck. The last 19 years almost I've been a quadriplegic.

it was my 12th b-day...watching my childhood hero's win the Superbowl....HTTR!

Happy Birthday!

It was my 24th birthday, I was living in Memphis and watching the game with my girlfriend and roomate. She had a cake made at Kroger that said Happy Birthday, Go Redskins! Happiest birthday of my life.

funny thing is, i have no idea where i was, who i was with, anything. my mind is blank. ive been thinking and thinking trying to remember even the slightest detail and i cant.

i know i watched the game though...

but i can vividly remember watching the 1983 Super Bowl, and being soooooo happy we won, then being happy to watch the premiere of The A-Team afterwards :D

funny thing is, i have no idea where i was, who i was with, anything. my mind is blank. ive been thinking and thinking trying to remember even the slightest detail and i cant.

i know i watched the game though...

but i can vividly remember watching the 1983 Super Bowl, and being soooooo happy we won, then being happy to watch the premiere of The A-Team afterwards :D

During the 1988 SB against the Broncos, ABC was premiering the Wonder Years.

I watched the game with a Bills fan (he was in my wedding). After the first quarter I think the score was either tied or the Skins were down a little bit and I leaned over to my wife and told her the Skins were going to win. That year it was easy to tell if anyone was even going to give them a game. Watch the first quarter, if there was ANY pressure on Mark Rypien then the other team had a chance. The Bills weren't even getting close that day. I knew they had it in the bag. What I didn't know was that that was the last time I would see a Redskins team that mattered in the NFL. Today I root hard for them for my 9 year old son, because of me he became a Redskin fan.

---------- Post added January-26th-2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

During the 1988 SB against the Broncos, ABC was premiering the Wonder Years.

I have that Super Bowl on VHS tape.

I was living in Germany at the time as my father was in the ARMY. I remember staying up till 3 in the morning to watch the game by myself having to curtail my excitement because the rest of my family was asleep... I also remember crying as they won being so proud and excited, and couldn't wait to move back to the states and watch another redskins superbowl during primetime with thousands of other fans..... Still waiting...

I was at a friends house with my exwife. He was a Bills fan, and we were hoping for a great game, especially since the Bills had been so close so many times in the recent past. Of course, I thought it was a great game, but he wasnt as excited as I was about the way it went.

Archived