Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Videos: Mike Maycock on the 2011 QB Class

DieselPwr44

thank you for posting this because i'm a big fan of dalton as well. not at pick number 10, but anytime after that i'm all for it.

agree with this, saw this guy in person 2 years ago come into Death Valley and single-handedly will his team to victory over my Clemson Tigers. The guy is a real leader on the field, a good pocket passer and is ACCURATE! Would love to see him slide to the 2nd round and snag him there.

Don;t know much about Locker or Gabbert other than what i see online/tv highlights. Just "say no" to Cam.

Its Mayock....;):ols:

Both Mayock and Kiper completely fail when its draft time. Its makes for great TV during the draft. Kiper was funny when he thought jimmy was going to the redskins. They are usually wrong, the only guy who's been consistent is Todd McShay. He actually watches the games and doesn't count on assistants to write up reports on players.

For good draft breakdowns, go with Mcshay and ProFootballWeekly.com IMO

I don't know. From what I've seen of Mayock, he does a great job at breaking down college QBs. I like his analysis.

Its not that Mayock doesn't know his players, but I have the issue when these big time analyst start to get assistants to watch the games for them or giving an evaluation on a player based on highlights. McShay actually watches the games and gets a real understanding of the player. Kiper and Mayock have assistants do the brunt of the analyzing. I can understand why they do it that way too, both kiper and Mayock have so many players to talk about, they can't reasonably sit and analyze all those players. I like McShay because he sees the games through a fan's eyes and not analytically, if that makes any sense. I think kiper and mayock get too focused on a players arm strength or speed and vault them to the top.

Maybe its just me, but I think people that actually watch the games get a better feel for the players than someone that watches cut ups. Though McShay probably doesn't have any info on the low tier players picked in the draft. I've found his viewpoints trump both kiper and McShay. Case in point, Jimmy Clausen.... I'm a huge ND fan and I couldn't understand why the heck everyone loved the guy last season. Mayock breakdowns jimmy from his footwork to his arm strength and puts him in the first round. but McShay goes into why he can't win games.

I can get measurables and arm strength from any run of the mill draft blog on the internet. I want to get a real feel for the players, and IMO McShay does that.

I guess its a personal gripe with me, I don't Know.

I hope you are right but I would be very surprised.

I hope he is too but Gabbert really is a wild card right now because the teams in front of us have QB needs and all but do they take the QB or do they go a different route and fix other needs. There is a way Gabbert falls because like others have said Wis wont take a QB in Arizona and Harbaugh we aren't sure of what route he'll go yet he could go someone like Robert Quinn at OLB or Prince Amukamara at CB

Archived