Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff Seeding

Ron78

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Getting to the playoffs is reward enough for winning your division. It shouldn't entitle a team to a home playoff game. I haven't seen a good argument here that will change my mind on it. A 7-9 team should never host a playoff game against a team with a better record.

There's no real reason to not seed by record once you establish division winners/wild cards. Really don't care about multiple teams from the same division hosting a game. This means nothing to me. If there are two teams with records that grant them home field advantage, that means they won enough games and earned it. Figuring out tie breakers for teams with identical records shouldn't be terribly difficult to figure out either. Either go by conference record, or division record or by w/l against common opponents. Teams that play and win should be rewarded more generously then teams that win a crappy division (and still make the playoffs).

Getting to the playoffs is reward enough for winning your division. It shouldn't entitle a team to a home playoff game.

There's no real reason to not seed by record once you establish division winners/wild cards.

So you would be fine with a division winner from a very strong division (maybe being 10-6) traveling to play a wild card team from a weaker division? I just don't see the point of divisions and different schedules if winning your division isn't valuable enough to give you a home playoff game.

So, 3 out of 4 wild card round winners were road teams.... except the Seahawks.

I guess getting a home game was unfair to the Colts, Eagles, and Chiefs.

Change the rule! 75% of road teams won! Make all playoff games at neutral sites!

~Bang

So, 3 out of 4 wild card round winners were road teams.... except the Seahawks.

I guess getting a home game was unfair to the Colts, Eagles, and Chiefs.

Change the rule! 75% of road teams won! Make all playoff games at neutral sites!

~Bang

Somehow, I doubt it. Seems we have some guys that don't watch much football in this thread. Sad. This thread is just ridiculous.

Somehow, I doubt it. Seems we have some guys that don't watch much football in this thread. Sad. This thread is just ridiculous.

Well for their benefit, this weekend proves that games are decided on the field, not the address.

~Bang

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with the current format. Seattle won its division. They should host a playoff game for that. Doesn't matter what their record was. Again, people, this has happened ONCE in 50 years! And the Saints, especially being the defending SB champs, should have had no problem going to Seattle and beating a horrible team like that. You don't change a system because of something that happens ONCE in 50 years!. And like Bang stated, I don't even care if this happens again. The system works, as is.

Not surprisingly, you totally whiffed on my point. I'm saying that re-seeding will give new life to some of the lame duck games at the end of the season. I'm not saying change it because one team got in at 7-9. I think it's fine that division winners get into the playoffs regardless of records.

Anyway, I'm not really leaning either way. Leaving it as is is fine with me.

Archived