Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are college players playing on Christmas Eve

shk75

Now lets get this out there first I absolutely hate the NCAA and their lies and double standards so this may be a biased post. However, why in the hell are these kids playing on christmas eve. I mean these are not pro athletes this is not Phil Jackson talking. These are just kids and I think they should be with their families this time of the year. The NCAA is just so money hungry it honestly disgusts me. They are not a fortune 500 but an educational institution. Unfortunately, they have let their greed get the best of them...rant off.

In a word, MONEY !!!!!

Oh yeah I know but it just sickens me how two faced the NCAA is. Hey we care about the kids education comes first bla bla bla DONT PATRONIZE ME!! Just tell me to my face hey we want to make money first and I would respect them a hell of a lot more.

These players aren't professionals! This is college! The games are sacred and fun! Nobody here is out to make money!

Oh whats that? We can make a lot of money if we hold a big game on Christmas Eve? **** those players and their families, they'll play on Christmas Eve because we told them to! MONEY MONEY MONEY GIVE IT TO US RAWRAWRARWARRWAR!

Oh, but for the love of god don't pay those players. They're not professionals, they're in school and playing for fun!

These players aren't professionals! This is college! The games are sacred and fun! Nobody here is out to make money!

Oh whats that? We can make a lot of money if we hold a big game on Christmas Eve? **** those players and their families, they'll play on Christmas Eve because we told them to! MONEY MONEY MONEY GIVE IT TO US RAWRAWRARWARRWAR!

Oh, but for the love of god don't pay those players. They're not professionals, they're in school and playing for fun!

LMAO exactly I'm glad someone feels like I do, like I honestly get ****ing angry, genuinely angry

Kids? :ols:

This isn't pee wee football, and these aren't children all filled up with starry eyed Christmas dreams of sugar plums and what-not.

And for everyone complaining about the NCAA making cash... let's understand that big-time sports is entertainment. And football is the biggest entertainment in the country. If you don't agree with giving the audience what they want, then don't tune in to the game.

~Bang

I think the whole "wanna spend time with their families" bit is a little over blown. Most people(like me)get sick of their families after about an hour, hell I know I'd rather play a football game in warm weather with my bestest buddies and enjoy the sights of a new city(unless you're Maryland than all of that doesn't really apply I guess). :laugh:

Archived