Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AFC VS NFC Coaching (Are We Dreaming?)

brettstr

Be realistic and have some patience brett. You talk about talent, yet we were left with close to nothing thanks to vinny. It will take more than one off season (with almost no picks) to get the talent we need to have some "unstoppable plays". Not to mention all the injuries we have. We pulled out a real nice win a couple days ago and the players showed determination and intensity. It doesn't happen over night, and if you want to make a thread about afc vs nfc coaching, maybe you should do the research and put it in your op. Why not argue your point with facts, instead of just starting a thread and asking if somebody else has or wants to do the research...

didn't take long for the Vinny blaming to start. i guess Vinny deserves a spot in every thread.

didn't take long for the Vinny blaming to start. i guess Vinny deserves a spot in every thread.

What is your point? After a couple years the talent wont be his fault and thus he wont be blamed. Get over seeing it in threads, because it is the truth right now. Expectations are too high for what we were left with. He deserves a spot in any thread with someone asking about why we are not better this year.

Yes he does. I blame him for the Gibbs years as well. Those signings were classic Vinny. Gibbs shoulda pulled a Marty and fired Vinny on Day one. When you look at the lack of talent we had in those 4 Gibbs 2.0 years then realize that we made the playoffs twice it was actually a very good coaching effort. But Gibbs wasn't without fault. He had the power to say 'no' and should have remembered what made us famous in the first go round. It's all about the Line!

I am just not convinced yet, Shanny will have the success he had in Denver. I dont see a hard nosed offense in terms of tenacity. Receivers running scared, offensive linemen playing like they are in the, I pee pee im my pants league. Not to mention, everyone else in this league seems to have good to great talent evaluators that can pick gems from no where, we seem to have ZERO, CERO, NUNCA, NADA NONE. How bout that.

We could have hired bill belichick this past offseason and even he couldn't turn around the mess Snyder and Cerato created over the past 15 years. Give theses guys more than one offseason and 10 games before you pass judgement. Silly redskins fans.

What is your point? After a couple years the talent wont be his fault and thus he wont be blamed. Get over seeing it in threads, because it is the truth right now. Expectations are too high for what we were left with. He deserves a spot in any thread with someone asking about why we are not better this year.

Chill out dude I know Vinny was terrible. I'm on your side. If you get this defensive over a message board post, hate to deal with you in real life...

Why does this team have to be limited. L:ook what the Jests are doing with a 2nd year coach and a second year quarterback. Look what he did in his first year. Playoffs. This man is talking Super Bowl in his second year. Why does this team want a pass. To rebuild? Seems to me these are continued excuses that are going......8-8....even par

Completely different situation. Rex Ryan inherited an extremely talented team. They had an excellent OL, great running back, and the best defense in football. That team moved on to the AFC Championship in spite of Sanchez, not because of.

Shanahan inherited a team where his best OL is the rookie he drafted. Little talent at the skill positions. A defense in transition (though his fault).

Some turnarounds can be quick, others take time. Every situation is different so it is pointless to look at a different team, in a different division, in a different conference, and say "But they did it!"

Wow! Alot of hate o rade in this thread!

Not going to try and prove who is more dedicated as a fan, but I will offer this to the OP:

I think it is more relevant to look at "coaching trees" as opposed to what conference a coach comes from.

Look at success from the WCO, Air Coryell, Parcells, Defence 3-4 vs. 4-3, Tampa two, 56 defence to determine if it works.

Each coach adds their own twist to each style, adding more complexity to what works better.

IMO, Shanny added more running to his WCO, than Walsh, much like Gibbs was more run focused using Air Coryell.

Funny how we bash Shanny for the switch to a 3-4, and I dont recall a huge outcry when we switched to a WCO when Vinny/ Danny hired Zorn. We didn't/ don't have the players for either system. A coach needs to be given a mandate to fix a team, use the draft and FA for a couple of years to fully implement his system, with his players.

In the end time will tell.

Wow! Alot of hate o rade in this thread!

Not going to try and prove who is more dedicated as a fan, but I will offer this to the OP:

I think it is more relevant to look at "coaching trees" as opposed to what conference a coach comes from.

Look at success from the WCO, Air Coryell, Parcells, Defence 3-4 vs. 4-3, Tampa two, 56 defence to determine if it works.

Each coach adds their own twist to each style, adding more complexity to what works better.

IMO, Shanny added more running to his WCO, than Walsh, much like Gibbs was more run focused using Air Coryell.

Funny how we bash Shanny for the switch to a 3-4, and I dont recall a huge outcry when we switched to a WCO when Vinny/ Danny hired Zorn. We didn't/ don't have the players for either system. A coach needs to be given a mandate to fix a team, use the draft and FA for a couple of years to fully implement his system, with his players.

In the end time will tell.

Well spoken my friend. Great facts. Take a bow. Thats why these discussions should not turn hostile. There are many fans here who add to the knowledge of others

Hail

Archived