Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DB: The 39 Most dangerous breeds of Dogs..

JMS

I have no problem with dogs -they are just stupid animals - its the owners who are clueless idiots.

They think that because the dog is "sweet" and "nice" to the family members, it couldnt possibly rip the throat out of a stranger.

If you own a dog that is capable of killing anything bigger than a cat, then you are likely just an a-hole who doesnt care about his neighbors or anyone but themselves.

And I dont care about training and the way you raise them - they are animals and any given time these things can snap.

What if ya want one that can rip the throat out of a stranger?

I agree anyone that does not keep their animals under control is a ass (that includes cat owners)and don't see why you haven't acted against the neighbor already

I'd assume that anyone that takes the time to register with the AKC probably takes fairly good care of the dog. Of course that's probably a false assumption but one that I can sleep with. So lets say that if you register your Pitt with the AKC chances of you training it to fight are smaller. Thus, perhaps the dogs registered with the AKC are "typical" and not extreme in either sense? Make sense? Just a guess.

Part of the issue with their use of the AKC registration numbers, excluding the fact that obviously not all people register their dogs with the AKC, is that the AKC does not "recognize" all breeds, nor does it account for mix-breeds.

For example, using AKC registration numbers to determin the number of "Pit Bulls" is useless. Why? The American Pitbull Terrier is a UKC, not AKC breed. Last I heard, the AKC does not even admit that the breed exists (breed club politics going back to the 1880s). So, while I own a APT, unless I was to lie on the registration form, which some people do, my dog would never be registered with the AKC. So their registration numbers only includes Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Staffordshire Terriers in their "pit bull" count. And to muddy the waters even more, until they started cracking down on it a few years ago, there were champion-level AmStaffs (AKC) that were also champion-level APTs (UKC) - same dog, two registrations.

This list is a joke if the Caucasian Mountain Dog isn't #1. This is a real picture from what I've heard. It looks like a bear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDfJczLr7JFVU6euLx9toVQ8BEYWSiuJGtdStlY_3JYP5y7JylRA

On a side note, the Norwegian Elk Hound is a beast just from looking at that picture.

They don't have pansy little lists like this in Romania or Kfefdffistan. Not very many of those over here...yet. I spend a good deal of time reading about them when I first found out about them and it's pretty interesting stuff. Most European large breeds can be traced back to these puppies, they are known as Molossars.

This list is a joke if the Caucasian Mountain Dog isn't #1. This is a real picture from what I've heard. It looks like a bear.

I did not read it - sorry, saw they used Merritt's....questionable study as a source and knew it was not worth my time - but I am assuming the list is based on population vs. number of fatal attacks. Caucasian Mtn. Dogs, as far as I know, have not been involved in any reported fatal attacks in the U.S.in part because there is a fairly small population and the very few breeders keep close track and control on who gets their dogs, sorta like Canis Panthers and similar breeds.

Poms and Chihuahuas are vicious little ****ers

My Chow Chow was the sweetest dog I have ever owned

Chow's are sweet dogs.... to their people... But they are also very teritorial and protective of their people, their homes, their yards... Great watch dogs.. Great companions... Not dogs who have a problem biteing someone who they don't know.

I'm surprised Jack Russels are not on this list, they have very strong and aggressive personalities.

Good point... All Terriers... ie Terrorists....

Any dog which thinks and just might be smarter than their owners should be on the list. Russels definitely fit that model.... Mine used to wake up and come into my bedroom while I was asleep and start making plans for my day.... I can get him to throw the ball three times before he get's out of the shower... Once when he puts his feet on the floor... once before he get's to the shower.. and He'll throw the ball once while in the shower before he get's pissed.

It's more about the nuture of the dog than the nature of the dog. Breed isn't as relevant as most people think.

I totally disagree with that. There are definitely traits in dog breeds which superseed the dog in nearly all cases.

Some breads were bread for different traits.. Two of those traits included agression and protective instincts.

Wow. I own a Belgian Malinios (Shepherd) and am shocked it's that low on the list. He's the breed used by cops and military forces, and he's shamed all the way down to #14, not even cracking the top 10? My dog is sweet as hell, but I'm not gonna say he'd never attack anybody. In fact, 1 night not too long after moving into our new house I came home after dark and he almost attacked me because he didn't know it was me. That said, he did give me a sporting chance to identify myself by coming out, giving 1 bark, and letting me take about 5 steps before running at me.

But, that's a territorial thing and in his nature. It's why we have a solidly built 5 foot high fence surrounding our yard. My dog's just a big baby, but if somebody was pissing him off (as kids are wont to do because they're often stupid around dogs) or on his territory, I can't promise he wouldn't snap back to instinct if I wasn't around. Owners just need to be smart. Hell, I'm more scared of Jack Russels than I am of Pits, because most Pit owner realize their dogs can be deadly while most terrier owners don't think that a dog that was bred to kill anything that moves is a danger to anybody.

holycrapdog1.jpg

Perfect for apartments!

I had a 170 lb Newfoundland which would be perfect for an apartment.. He slept 17 hours a day and napped and additional four hours... The remainder of the time he rested and ate.

I had a Jack Russel who was about 10lb's who was entirely unsuited for appartment life. Walked him 3 miles a day to keep him from bouncing off the walls and terrorizing the cats.

. Hell, I'm more scared of Jack Russels than I am of Pits, because most Pit owner realize their dogs can be deadly while most terrier owners don't think that a dog that was bred to kill anything that moves is a danger to anybody.

Here is the difference... If a jack russel bites you, and you notice it; you can flick him with your finger and kick him across the room. If a pit bull bites you the jaws and power of the dog alone could overwhelm most adults. A pitbull could easily put an adult in a hospital. A JackRussel couldn't. A Jack Russel thinks it could, but he couldn't.

I can't imagine saying to someone, "Yeah, my husband died from a chihuahua bite." People would just laugh at me and not even feel an ounce of pity.

It's actually not all that uncommon.. You've heard of human cannon balls? Well chihuahua guns are much more deadly. I've seen people use them for hunting... Shoot the dog right threw an elk from 30, 40 meters.

I had a Jack Russel who was about 10lb's who was entirely unsuited for appartment life. Walked him 3 miles a day to keep him from bouncing off the walls and terrorizing the cats.

Yeah, and if you didn't take him for a walk and throw him the ball 3 times he would take a dump on your pillow? I grew up around Russels, aggressive, strong, tough, hard headed sons of ****es that are not afraid to bite.

Here is the difference... If a jack russel bites you, and you notice it; you can flick him with your finger and kick him across the room. If a pit bull bites you the jaws and power of the dog alone could overwhelm most adults. A pitbull could easily put an adult in a hospital. A JackRussel couldn't. A Jack Russel thinks it could, but he couldn't.

I don't know,I've got a rat Terrier that would be like trying to catch the wind,she gives my Rott mix fits by running circles around him and even up and down his back.:ols:

At least the Rott I could get ahold of.

I totally disagree with that. There are definitely traits in dog breeds which superseed the dog in nearly all cases.

Some breads were bread for different traits.. Two of those traits included agression and protective instincts.

Actually, I would argue that its both owner and breed depending on the situation.

Dobermans have high protection instincts, so it would not be a reflection on the owner's ability if a doberman does not like strangers even if the owner made sure to socialize the dog as a puppy. It is a reflection on the owner if they are unable to control their doberman and it nails a stranger. (BREED)

APBTs instinctually display aggression towards other dogs. So like the doberman example, it should not be surprising if an APBT cannot tolerate other dogs, and its up to the owner to control that. (BREED)

APBTs should have low protection instincts except in very specific situtaions, such as the owner being physically attacked, and in fact they *should* not display aggression towards humans at all. So if an APBT acts aggressively towards strangers its not breed or instinct but something wrong with that dog or its owner. (OWNER or BREEDER)

Correct, a JRT is unlikely to put an adult in the hospital. However, JRTs can and have put children into hospitals. I will see if I can find the article out of the UK I read a few months ago about the kid who will be undergoing multiple plastic surgeries on his face after a JRT went after him.

However, in principle I agree that the bigger the dog, the bigger the responsibility and the risk. Just do not make the mistake that a smaller dog is less dangerous just because it would not seriously harm an adult. Every year there are kids in the ER because someone made that mistake.

I had a 170 lb Newfoundland which would be perfect for an apartment.. He slept 17 hours a day and napped and additional four hours... The remainder of the time he rested and ate.

Hehe, I was just being a smartalec. Best dog I ever had was a 180 pound bullmastiff while we were living in a townhouse with no yard. Alot of the mastiff breeds are basically really big throw-rugs. I have heard retired racing greyhounds are the same way as long as you walk them once or twice a day.

Yeah, and if you didn't take him for a walk and throw him the ball 3 times he would take a dump on your pillow? I grew up around Russels, aggressive, strong, tough, hard headed sons of ****es that are not afraid to bite.

People laugh at me when I say I will not own a JRT cause they are little dictators in fur coats (as I am walking my pit). My mom had 3 of them when I was a teenager...and I swear they spent their time finding ways to drive me crazy :ols:

People laugh at me when I say I will not own a JRT cause they are little dictators in fur coats (as I am walking my pit). My mom had 3 of them when I was a teenager...and I swear they spent their time finding ways to drive me crazy :ols:

My dad had them when I was growing up. If you looked at the female and said "what did you do" she would show full teeth and get really pissed off, as to say, who do you think you're talking too? :ols:

BS on "deadly breeds". Individuals and upbringing make more of a difference. A smarter list would be: "The 39 Most Stupid Breed of OWNERS."

You're wrong, if this is the case, explain why Caucasian Mountain dog breeders test puppies for aggression levels as early as 6 days? I know for a fact that if I owned this dog, there is nothing I could do to stop it from being deadly protective over my family, it's just how they are.

:rotflmao:

@ Golden Retriever at #30...I own my second Golden right now and they're pretty much scared of their own shadows.

OMG, I totally agree lol. I had one growing up and he was scared of his tail lol. I remember our 4 y/o next door neighbor used to pretend like he was fishing w/ his dads fishing poles while our dog Rusty was outside (the poles had the damn hooks on them) and he would try to cast the line in the yard, but instead it would end up somewhere on poor old Rusty. All he would do is yelp and try to run like hell away from the little kid lol. He was such a sweet dog. despite our little **** for a neighbor, he still loved him and all the other kids. Never had any problems w/ him

Our German Shepherds otoh were a different story. They're smart as hell, and great w/ the family and people they know, but let the City of Wilson's meter reader try to come in the back yard to read the electric meter. They will go ballistic! I'm not ****ting you when I say we didn't get a light bill for 4 friggin months b/c they were scared to go in the back yard (which was fenced in) w/ the dogs and read the meter. They eventually had to go into the peoples yard who lived behind us and use binoculars to read our meter lol.

Archived