Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching the Bears game in London (Kensington area)?

MonkFan8

Hey everyone, I know the 'Skins have a pretty decent following across the pond, so I'm hopeful here that someone can help me out!

I'll be traveling to London (Kensington area specifically) for a long weekend and thus I'll be there for Sunday's game. Since the game is at 1, I figure that it might be possible to find a place that is showing it while grabbing some dinner. Problem is I'm having no luck with my Google searches and can't seem to find anywhere nearby that would be an option. If anyone knows of a place, feel free to respond here or to PM me.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I know the 'Skins have a pretty decent following across the pond, so I'm hopeful here that someone can help me out!

I'll be traveling to London (Kensington area specifically) for a long weekend and thus I'll be there for Sunday's game. Since the game is at 1, I figure that it might be possible to find a place that is showing it while grabbing some dinner. Problem is I'm having no luck with my Google searches and can't seem to find anywhere nearby that would be an option. If anyone knows of a place, feel free to respond here or to PM me.

Thanks!

There are plenty of Sports bars in London where you can catch the Sky Sports coverage - they show one live early game and one live late game. Your problem is they are not carrying the Redskins game this week, they have Tampa versus St Louis and the New England San Diego.

My suggestion is you sign up for a weekly subscription to NFL Gamepass which will allow you to watch any game live over the Internet. You will need to wait until you are out of US before you sign up as it's only available to users with non US IP addresses. Go to NFL.com or just type NFL Gamepass into Google.

So we can assume all sports bars show the sky sports nfl games?

And if I buy the NFL gamepass while there, can I still use a US credit card? Do they check just your IP, or is the card origin checked as well?

Here is a link to Gamepass. I'm pretty sure you are fine to sign up with a US credit card it's the location of access which is restricted, there is nothing in the FAQs or restrictions which talks about this.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/registerform

Not all bars will show the NFL but a lot will. Here is a link to one of the largest which showsbthe games every week.

http://www.thesportscafe.com/london/whatsOn.aspx

Hope this helps.

The Sports Cafe claims to show the most popular games of the week which, considering the Redskin's big following in the UK, could well mean the Bears game. They obviously have more than just Sky Sports otherwise they could only advertise the two games that are on that channel.

The Texas Embassy off Trafalgar Square also claims to show NFL games but I can't find out if that is just Sky Sports (and therefore not the Bears game). Be warned though the service in both is apparently appalling (as is the food by all accounts). And expect the beer to be really expensive by US standards!

Shame you weren't here this week, we got the Colts game live on terrestrial TV. You could have watched that anywhere!

Good luck and if you do get to see the game please come back and let us all know. :cheers:

The Dallas, Packers and Colts games have all been covered live over here on Sky or other channels but not this week! Gamepass looks to have a weekly vewiing fee for $24.99 and your card wouldnt matter I would think. Most times I use dodgy links on internet feeds as the usual way of catching a skins game.

One thing about Sky is that they get users on a UK based NFL fan site to vote for their game of the week to get an idea of what game to cover although it doesnt always turn out that way. As MartinC wrote, its the Bucs/Rams at the time of the skins game kicking off. Not exactly a game to get me on the edge of my seat.

And if you can't get the game, you spent a weekend in Kensington. Not a bad consolation prize.
Indeed! Very true.

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses! If I remember I'll try to let people know how it turned out.

Good luck hoskins when you head over, haha!

Archived