Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Ron Jaworski: Father time might be catching up with Peyton Manning (Thanks a lot Jaws)

Drew_Fl

This is just what we needed. The best QB in the league with a tiny bit more motivation on national TV.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/15/ron-jaworski-father-time-might-be-catching-up-with-peyton-manning/

Former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski watches a lot of game film in his capacity as an analyst for Monday Night Football and NFL Matchup, and he says he's noticed something interesting in watching the Colts this season: Peyton Manning might be getting old.

"The last couple weeks, as I've studied Peyton Manning, he has not been real sharp," Jaworski said today on Mike and Mike in the Morning. "Maybe there does come a time when the skills start to diminish a little bit."

Jaworski isn't saying Manning is washed up by any stretch of the imagination, but he is saying he's noticing throws that the 34-year-old Manning isn't making, and they're throws he used to make.

"I'm not saying it is, but I'm seeing little signs now that the deep sideline throws are not as accurate as they used to be, there's not the zip on the ball that there used to be," Jaworski said. "Maybe father time might be catching up with Peyton Manning a little bit."

Statistically, Manning looks like he's as good as ever, having completed 67.6 percent of his passes for 1,609 yards this season, with 11 touchdowns and two interceptions. But Jaworski looks at more than just the statistics and wonders if Manning might be past his prime.

We tend to hear this alot... Notice it always follows one bad game by Peyton!

Every year... the window is closing for the Colts...

and so it is, the same with any team. the window opens, reaches its apex (best chance to win it all) and then slowly, or not so slowly, closes. indy is still better than a lot of teams but theyre not as good as they were 3 years ago.

and so it is, the same with any team. the window opens, reaches its apex (best chance to win it all) and then slowly, or not so slowly, closes. indy is still better than a lot of teams but theyre not as good as they were 3 years ago.

What makes you think we arent as good as 3 years ago?

They won the Superbowl in the 06-07 season... they went to the Superbowl last year... We have struggled quite a bit early in the season due to tough schedule and injuries.

What gives you the idea that we arent "as good" as we were 3 years ago? Is it the 3-2 start!?!?

The Colts have heard the window was closing since the 05 season when we lost to Pittsburgh in the 2nd round of the playoffs when it was ours to lose last year.

We are a fairly young team... I think the window is still wide open.

What makes you think we arent as good as 3 years ago?

They won the Superbowl in the 06-07 season... they went to the Superbowl last year... We have struggled quite a bit early in the season due to tough schedule and injuries.

What gives you the idea that we arent "as good" as we were 3 years ago? Is it the 3-2 start!?!?

The Colts have heard the window was closing since the 05 season when we lost to Pittsburgh in the 2nd round of the playoffs when it was ours to lose last year.

We are a fairly young team... I think the window is still wide open.

i just dont see the colts as being as scary, dominant or as hard to figure out as they once were. the question used to be "how do you stop indy?". now people know how its just a matter of if they can.

i just dont see the colts as being as scary, dominant or as hard to figure out as they once were. the question used to be "how do you stop indy?". now people know how its just a matter of if they can.

Oh boy... I wish you were the Redskins head coach!! Man, you guys would be looking over the Colts and onto your next opponent before the game started!

Oh boy... I wish you were the Redskins head coach!! Man, you guys would be looking over the Colts and onto your next opponent before the game started!

not true, i simply dont see them as unbeatable. on a side note, how long have you been a colts fan?

not true, i simply dont see them as unbeatable. on a side note, how long have you been a colts fan?

I am 25 years old... my first game was in 1993 against the Jets. We went on to lose that game 17-31. Jeff George had a decent game and this was back when Rossevelt Potts was our starting RB.

Good try on calling me out for being a bandwagoner.

No team is unbeatable. We all know this...

I am 25 years old... my first game was in 1993 against the Jets. We went on to lose that game 17-31. Jeff George had a decent game and this was back when Rossevelt Potts was our starting RB.

I've always liked the Colts to an extent. I was born in Indy and so growing up they were my harmless, distant-second, AFC team since the Skins were always good and the Colts were always bad. My favorite Colts year was in 1995 with Captain Comeback. That team was one break away from beating the Steelers. They were fun to watch during that playoff run.

I've always liked the Colts to an extent. I was born in Indy and so growing up they were my harmless, distant-second, AFC team since the Skins were always good and the Colts were always bad. My favorite Colts year was in 1995 with Captain Comeback. That team was one break away from beating the Steelers. They were fun to watch during that playoff run.

I rememeber my first 5-6 Colts games... I remember being excited to see the field and flying paper airplanes in the upper deck!! I remember going 6-10 and actually feeling like we were successful!!

The 1995 season was an absolute treat... I still hate Kordell Stewart with a passion!!!

I rememeber my first 5-6 Colts games... I remember being excited to see the field and flying paper airplanes in the upper deck!! I remember going 6-10 and actually feeling like we were successful!!

The 1995 season was an absolute treat... I still hate Kordell Stewart with a passion!!!

Who doesn't? I'm kidding, I have nothing against Slash.

Anyway, the Colts are a team that I can't ever hate, though I hope we get the better of them this weekend! Good luck the rest of the year.

look pal, you are new here, if i wanted to call you out i would. i have no problem telling anyone how i feel. i was simply curious as to how long youd been a fan because people take less offense to that question than "how old are you". but hey, way to jump the gun tough guy.

i must say i AM impressed at your stellar fandom and memory of your first game, especially being 8 years old at the time.

look pal, you are new here, if i wanted to call you out i would. i have no problem telling anyone how i feel. i was simply curious as to how long youd been a fan because people take less offense to that question than "how old are you". but hey, way to jump the gun tough guy.

i must say i AM impressed at your stellar fandom and memory of your first game, especially being 8 years old at the time.

I have lurked for quite some time... thought id join for some fun banter before the game!

No biggie, sorry for taking offense to it. I just hear it so often.

As I said, my vivid memories of older games is flying airplanes in the upper deck!

Archived