Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV schedule would make you think the Redskins were 12-4 not 4-12!

ChicagoRedskinsFan

This brings up something I hadn't really thought about. In recent years, the 'skins choked in big games. We would lose the Sunday nighter, the Monday nighter, when it was a chance to prove ourselves and we were in the limelight we talked big and then folded. Often in a big way. This year, in Nationally televised games including the season opener and annointing game of Dallas as they march towards their inevitable Superbowl in their home stadium... we not only held up, but are winning our fair share.

Burgold, I had that same thought moments before I read your post. I used to hate prime-time games, because often under perform or inevitably shoot ourselves in the foot. We do seem a bit more solid now, even though the team seems to give me a heart attack with their close games. Also, our past division record has been rather uneven; it's good to see wins over two divisional opponents this early in the season.

This brings up something I hadn't really thought about. In recent years, the 'skins choked in big games. We would lose the Sunday nighter, the Monday nighter, when it was a chance to prove ourselves and we were in the limelight we talked big and then folded. Often in a big way. This year, in Nationally televised games including the season opener and annointing game of Dallas as they march towards their inevitable Superbowl in their home stadium... we not only held up, but are winning our fair share.

recent years nothing. Even in Gibbs years we had trouble on a lot of those games, except for the 14-2 season

Were also playing top tier teams.. I dont know how the schedules are determined, but how we ended up (after going 4-12) with what I'd consider the toughest schedule in the league, is beyond me.. Do they just draw straws or something, after the division games??

Each division plays 2 other divisions. The NFC East plays the AFC south (colts,texans, titans, jags) and the NFC North (packers, bears, lions and Vikings) and 2 teams based on record from last year. One was the rams...

The Washington Redskins made all of the right moves possible in the off season to make this team competitive once again. In doing so they also brought in a big name player Donovan McNabb and a big name coach Mike Shanahan. All of that is a recipe for higher ratings.

HTTR

Thanks for the replies to my question on how the schedule is made.. Now, how do these "Flex" schedules work? If your in an important game (that wasnt necessarily important when the schedule was made) they make it a national tv game or??? Thanks again! :point2sky

Thanks for the replies to my question on how the schedule is made.. Now, how do these "Flex" schedules work? If your in an important game (that wasnt necessarily important when the schedule was made) they make it a national tv game or??? Thanks again! :point2sky

Basically, if they schedule two teams , for a nationonal audience later in the season (those are usually 4pm games) and those two teams end up being "duds" they will reschedule the late games/teams on sundays to teams that play each other that have better records and playoff hopes. So if the Skins keep winning, it COULD happen to them down the road. I THINK about the last 7 weeks are flex..cant remember exactly.

Archived