Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Week 6 Power Rankings: Redskins above other NFC East Teams

Coolio47

Leave it to ESPN to give us a somewhat backhanded compliment :doh: :

11. Redskins

Mike Shanahan is winning ugly, but Donovan McNabb is still a key to success down the stretch. (Clayton)

14. Eagles

Kevin Kolb didn't look too bad while beating the 49ers in San Francisco. (Clayton)

15. Giants

Tom Coughlin is getting the message to the Giants as they climb back into the playoff picture. (Clayton)

LULZ:

19. Cowboys

Too bad there isn't a penalty for excessive underachievement. The Cowboys would be flagged. (Clayton)

Full Rankings:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2010/week/6

I wouldn't call the "winning ugly" comment back handed at all. In fact it is the truth. The 3 wins were not the most, well pretty. There hasn't been any cruising to 10-15 point wins. So I think that is a fair statement. Look at it this way, at least they are getting credit for the wins!!!!

And as some of you stated, I think the Giants should be ranked a head of the Skins at least knowing what we know today. I just think they are playing a little better and they have a little more consistancy on their side. Just my opinion.

HTTR!!!!!!!!

Winning ugly is still winning. Most teams in the NFL that win consistently, end up winning this way often. In the modern NFL most games are not blow outs. There is no clear cut dominant team. There may be a team that on paper is judged to be more talented, but at the end of the day talent only takes you so far. (See Cowboys)

The truth is that up until this season the Redskins have for most of the last two decades always lost this way, games that could have gone either way, but we always seem to find a way to lose them. Now they are finding ways to win them instead. Games that come down to the last play (or mistake) that is made to finally decide the outcome. Usually, it's not Landry picking off that pass on the last drive, it's the Redskins QB throwing a pick when he has a chance to drive us down the field to win the game.

I believe the fact that we are winning now, is not by accident, and most definitely has nothing to do with "luck." The Redskins are winning because of the mental toughness of the team, and the preparation since the off-season from the coaches right down to bottom end of the roster that held EVERYONE on the team accountable.

Archived