Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Thank God the Mystics care about my feelings more then the Redskins do

gotta let go of that narcotic man

Its been about 3 or 4 years, but i've mastered the art of watching without caring. I'm currently working on just not watching at all. life has been better for it. My mind isn't quite right these days. I'm trying to eliminate all forms of recreational sadness

honestly if the Wizards kept Grunfeld, I may have had to give them the same treatment

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Tolliver needs to stop jumping to pass.  She's not John Wall, and not even he can get away with it.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yikes, Delle Donne? No wonder its double digits.  That's some Wall breaking his hand, level BS

Yeah it really sucks.  I don't even really know what happened.  I've been listening to the Nationals game on the radio and watching the Mystics.  She just left early in the game and hasn't checked back in.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah it really sucks.  I don't even really know what happened.  I've been listening to the Nationals game on the radio and watching the Mystics.  She just left early in the game and hasn't checked back in.

Back spasms it sounds like, in the locker room, Questionable.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Back spasms it sounds like, in the locker room, Questionable.

Crap... I don't know how we replace that offense.  Jones and that little jitterbug PG that Connecticut has are rolling.  You can see us starting to press trying to keep up and stringing together sketchy possessions.

Have to deny Jones from getting deep position.  Have got to be waaaay more physical with her in the paint.

Rebounding is this team's weakness.  We're letting Jones set up deep during switches and nobody is bodying her up after.  She's having the easiest night of her career.

Meeseman's three ball is just so sweet.  She makes it look easy.

I love the uptick in defensive effort down the stretch of the third here.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel somewhere between NBA and College on 10 point leads in the WNBA.  This is where effort comes in because neither team has the talent to erase double digit leads with threes like a Warriors team in blinks of an eye, but they dont need to. 

Man these ladies shoot well though.  I am continuously impressed by the quality of the FT shooting and the set shot shooting.  If we move the ball well, we can score.

BS call on that ****ing jump ball.  We had it clean.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Man these ladies shoot well though.  I am continuously impressed by the quality of the FT shooting and the set shot shooting.  If we move the ball well, we can score.

BS call on that ****ing jump ball.  We had it clean.

That's true, its jus I dont expect them to score like NBA players.  I dont watch them nearly as much as the Wizards, but one thing I notice is Delle Donne has never averaged more then 24ppg.  Shes arguably the best player in the game, but they dont use her as a closer, Mystics try to avoid jus feeding her the ball like shes Westbrook or Harden, much more sharing of the load

This is all heart, this team around Delle Donne is why they are in the finals again

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We should just make this the official thread for the Wizards, Mystics, and GoGo if anyone wants to discuss them.

Totally agree, thoughts @BRAVEONAWARPATH?

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Who is #21 for the Mystics Renegade?  I like her game.  She is tough and high energy.

That's *checks wnba website roster* Tianna Hawkins : )

I was about to be mad at her last shot there but she made it.

There midrange, and theres "you might as well move 12 inches back for the extra point" range

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Come on Meeseman.  Gotta be way more physical on the glass.  That's killed us tonight.

She completely changed the tone of the game when she came in.  I love the way she and #30 play.  Good forwards.

My girl likes #30, was yelling about her getting bulldozed in the Vegas elimination game

Ah, that was brutally timed three, borderline backbreaker