Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Man, has Beal come into his own or what?

Looking at stat line on this game, looks like turnovers and free throw shooting are killing us today. Assists are also down, but hearing about Nene's knee tendinitis makes me feel we need to focus that draft pick on someone that can play the 5 or be the big guy on the floor when we play small. Seriously, I love the guy, but he's never going to be healthy enough for us to truly rely on him to be anchor going forward. I totally believe that's why Denver traded him (though it sure does feel good knowing Mcgee is coming off the bench for Denver now).

I like the Shabazz idea, but what about this guy Zeller? I se he can play PF/C and is expected to be a lottery pick.

Edited by Renegade7

Wall is not having a brilliant game. I think that was his 5th turnover. He's getting assists though.

Edit: and number 6

Too many turnovers but he's been piling up assists and passes leading to FTs. Having a nice game defensively too.

I want to see him finish those drives. He gave up an assist on a drive he should have taken the shot. He had the room.

I like the Shabazz idea, but what about this guy Zeller? I se he can play PF/C and is expected to be a lottery pick.

Think of what Beal will be like as his handles improve and he gets to the line more. He's already driving more than he did at the start of the year. I wonder how much longer this will be "Wall's team".

Zeller will be good not great. He's got short arms and isn't very strong but he has a lot of offensive variety around the basket.

Too many turnovers but he's been piling up assists and passes leading to FTs. Having a nice game defensively too.

I want to see him finish those drives. He gave up an assist on a drive he should have taken the shot. He had the room.

Agreed on the finish and I saw the play you are talking about. I don't think he has his legs back, he'd normally attempt a shot there. There is no question the team is better with him.

Think of what Beal will be like as his handles improve and he gets to the line more. He's already driving more than he did at the start of the year. I wonder how much longer this will be "Wall's team".

Zeller will be good not great. He's got short arms and isn't very strong but he has a lot of offensive variety around the basket.

It's always going to be Wall's team so long as he is here. He is the PG and the leader and he's also the biggest athletic talent.

But Beal could very well end up being the best player. He's so remarkably clean. I can't believe how smart he is.

Also I'm not sure what to make of Zeller's ceiling. Conventional wisdom says it'll only be so high but having watched him play a fair amount now, he's got a star quality to him that's hard to describe.

Nice J from Wall. Those dribble pull ups are so tantalizing. They show what could be.

WTH is with these no calls?

---------- Post added January-18th-2013 at 10:57 PM ----------

Jordan needs to stop trying to split those doubles. I can't remember the last time it ended well.

Looking at stat line on this game, looks like turnovers and free throw shooting are killing us today. Assists are also down, but hearing about Nene's knee tendinitis makes me feel we need to focus that draft pick on someone that can play the 5 or be the big guy on the floor when we play small. Seriously, I love the guy, but he's never going to be healthy enough for us to truly rely on him to be anchor going forward. I totally believe that's why Denver traded him (though it sure does feel good knowing Mcgee is coming off the bench for Denver now).

Nene has had serious injuries in his past and present but he actually doesn't miss that much time surprisingly. The only seasons where he missed a ton of games were the ACL tear season and the Cancer scare season. Understandable. He gets hurt because he's got such a rugged style, but he fights through it. And is remarkably efficient in doing so. I think you can generally count on 70 game seasons from him. That's good enough.

But we do need a big man anyway.

You take Shabazz #1 IMO because I still think he's the best player in the class. In the NBA, I think you are almost always best off taking the BPA unless you've already got a franchise player at his position.

But there isn't as big a gap between Shabazz and Nerlens and Zeller as I originally thought. I like Nerlens a little more than I did at first and I like Zeller a lot more than I did at first. Bigs with his instincts and scoring ability are hard to find.

---------- Post added January-18th-2013 at 11:05 PM ----------

Absolutely. Also they are screening well to set up those 10 foot short jumpers.

Koufos is dirty with his screens. He should have been called for an offensive foul a couple of times.

Rare bad pass from Beal.

God that was a good hook from Seraphin.

That scoring touch is why he's going to get a ton of chances to put it all together.