Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Escalator SNAFU

MarkB452

Is it just me or are some of the stadium personnel complete morons? 3 levels of escalators, 2 escalators on each level. One escalator on the top level is broken. The game is over:

Do you:

A. Let people walk down the broken escalator and use the other escalator

B Don't let people use the broken escalator, but allow uninterrupted access to the working one, since there are 2 working escalators on the 2 lower levels.

or

C. Don't let people use the broken escalator and occasionally stop the line to the working one.

If you picked C, congratulations....you can "work" at FedEx.

INEXCUSABLE AND BEYOND DUMB........

funny post! yeah the escalator is a joke after the game...

hesitant to give away my secrets, but for my fellow hard core fans here it is...

right before the escalator there is a staircase that says no re-entry, take it all the way down and it drops you in the 100s after about 5-6 levels...much much easier. saves at least 30 minutes on games that come down to the wire.

you learn these tricks as ST holder..lol

The escalators are not breaking. They are turned off on purpose every few minutes by security. Here is why.....too many people try to use the escalator. People do not exit the escalator quickly at the bottom of the escalator exiting the stadium. Because people do not clear the bottom of the escalator quickly enough the people getting off the escalator have no where to go except to be shoved into the people in front of them who just got off the escalator. To prevent people from being dumped onto people at the base of the escalator, security turns the escalator off. Security stops people from entering the escalator at the top until all people on the escalator have walked down and exited the escalator. Once everyone is off an escalator, they can safely start the escalator again.

The morons are not the stadium personnel. They are trying to protect people from getting hurt. The "morons" are the fans who congregate at the bottom of the escalator and do not exit the gate quickly.

The escalators are not breaking. They are turned off on purpose every few minutes by security. Here is why.....too many people try to use the escalator. People do not exit the escalator quickly at the bottom of the escalator exiting the stadium. Because people do not clear the bottom of the escalator quickly enough the people getting off the escalator have no where to go except to be shoved into the people in front of them who just got off the escalator. To prevent people from being dumped onto people at the base of the escalator, security turns the escalator off. Security stops people from entering the escalator at the top until all people on the escalator have walked down and exited the escalator. Once everyone is off an escalator, they can safely start the escalator again.

The morons are not the stadium personnel. They are trying to protect people from getting hurt. The "morons" are the fans who congregate at the bottom of the escalator and do not exit the gate quickly.

:applause::cheers::notworthy

BurgGold if I'm in line for the escalator is it to the left or the right?

so i'm in section 425, and walking towards the escalator which is roughly around section 406-409, it's on the right (attached to a beige building) its basically a fire escape, but the band ues it to get to the lower level so you often get caught up with them...no one seem to care, best known secret..the walking ramps take forever, but can be entertaining

If BOTH of the top level escalators were working, I would agree with you 100% on that.

If BOTH of the top level escalators were working, I would agree with you 100% on that.

However, only 1 of the 2 escalators at the top level working. If people are using 1 escalator and there are 2 working on the middle and 2 on the lower levels, then people must be REALLY lolly gagging for a back up to occur. I couldn't see the middle platform, so maybe I'm wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

BTW, did anybody see the top 2 escalators working after the game?

so i'm in section 425, and walking towards the escalator which is roughly around section 406-409, it's on the right (attached to a beige building) its basically a fire escape, but the band ues it to get to the lower level so you often get caught up with them...no one seem to care, best known secret..the walking ramps take forever, but can be entertaining

Thanks for the tip. I went down some stairs after the opener with New Orleans a few years ago, but we were on suite level when we got on the stairs. There were a ton of people on the stairs, but we made great time getting down to the ground level. I'll give this a shot at the Packers game.

However, only 1 of the 2 escalators at the top level working. If people are using 1 escalator and there are 2 working on the middle and 2 on the lower levels, then people must be REALLY lolly gagging for a back up to occur. I couldn't see the middle platform, so maybe I'm wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

BTW, did anybody see the top 2 escalators working after the game?

I no longer sit in section 424 so I cannot speak to what happened specifically at Sunday's game. But after 7 years of using the escalators at every game; I know for a fact what I posted happens at every game. There may be times when an escalator is actually broken but it seldom happens. I only recall it happening once in those seven years. Sometimes they just shut them down and let people walk down the steps. But that had not happened in the last several years. The backups also occur on the middle platforms. People pack themselves in to finally get on an escalator from the top and then when they get on the second escalator going down, people put more distance between themselves and the people in front of them. Thus, creating a backlog on the middle platform. So sometimes the top escalators are shut down while the lower ones are still operating. It depends on the queue and the safety situation.

Okay, here's my issue with the upper deck. When I'm up there, I like to sit in 401 or 454. But after the game, I have to make my way to the C lot. That means I have to walk west. But the first ramp available to me dumps me out at the LL concourse near Gate B. And, as we all know, Gate B is CLOSED. So I have to back track the wrong way through the crowded masses to Gate A, then exit and walk back again to the west. That is stupid.

I could skip that ramp, but then the crowd is so thick and deep, we all come to a stop because of the people waiting for the escalators. By the time I get to the next ramp, the escalator is right next to it. And it takes a significant amount of time to get to that point.

Bottom line is, it takes a significant amount of time to get downstairs from where I like to sit. That is one of the main reasons I don't sit upstairs anymore.

The other benefit of sitting downstairs is the very quick getaway. I am shocked at how quickly I can leave the game and I don't run or rush to my van. I just love my new seats!

And at the 1pm games, I can start my 4p tailgate even earlier than sitting upstairs.

Did I say I love my new seats!? :D

Archived