Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is is possible to never "get over" someone?

squatch66

i have never really posted a "love" thread before but im just wondering as there seem to be people that have learned and know way more than me. i just want to know if if it is possible that someone has such a profound effect on another person's life that they cannot "get over" them.

I am pretty sure that most of the folks who are calling it a psychological illness and stalkers would be even more lame if ES were taken away from them. They would be on suicide watch because they couldn't log on and tell you how sick you are.

LOL! I agree. If the OP is having a real problem, talking about stalking and suicide is not very helpful.

I am pretty sure that most of the folks who are calling it a psychological illness and stalkers would be even more lame if ES were taken away from them. They would be on suicide watch because they couldn't log on and tell you how sick you are.

Wow. You really hurt my feelings right now. Thanks!

I'm lame? Seriously? How about you step away from ES, live life, grow a sense of humor and stop acting like a sanctimonious, holier than thou, overdramatic little *****.

I'm lame? Seriously? How about you step away from ES, live life, grow a sense of humor and stop acting like a sanctimonious, holier than thou, overdramatic little *****.

Easy now! No need for name calling! :ols:

We don't need to put each other down.Sorry for adding fuel to the fire.

Yes, it's completely possible...

There's a difference between "getting over" and "Moving on"... I doubt I'm "over" one of my ex's, even though she's now married and lives in Germany... BUT I have moved on... This was also 6 years ago was the last time I saw her...

i have never really posted a "love" thread before but im just wondering as there seem to be people that have learned and know way more than me. i just want to know if if it is possible that someone has such a profound effect on another person's life that they cannot "get over" them.

I'll be honest, I still think about one of my ex-girlfriends from 15 years ago. I do find myself sometimes drifting off in a day dream thinking about her. I guess it's what the definition of "getting over" someone means. I mean, I don't stress over her or anything like that. It's not like "I can't go on without her". My head knows that I will probably never see her again. My heart still has "you never know what might happen in the future". It was some of the best sex I ever had, so I'm sure that is why I still think about her at times lol.

As the previous poster said, I've moved on, but I'd be a liar if I said I still didn't have feelings for her.

I didn't see SPR single you out in his post, his post wasn't all that offensive anyway, and regardless of your opinion of SPR's persona as a poster, your quoted comment here could qualify you for a vacation based on it's personalized and directly insulting nature. You might want to apologize so you can enjoy today's game with all your ES friends. ;)

While I almost never participate in topics of this nature in this forum, my response would be "yes", even well adjusted people of reasonably sound mental health can care so deeply for someone and for various understandable and sane reasons never completely (or even mostly) "get over it." However, it obviously is a very complicated matter with so many variables for each situation and person that IME it's always going to come back to making yourself aware of all the many different ways you can work on such matters and knowing that time will be a major factor in how you end up coping with this kind of event.

It all depends on what you mean by "getting over someone".

Some people can naturally attract you and consume your focus even after years of not seeing them. You may never think of them or rarely think of them, but the second you see them again it all comes crashing back like an avalanche.

Archived