Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alter Bridge III (Modern Rock Masterpiece)

Commander PK

Alter Bridge III will be out on 10/11/10. America has largely missed the boat on these guys, dismissing them because of their connections to Creed. The fact is, you will be hard pressed to find much better NEW heavier hard rock anywhere than these guys. They bring it big time.

Here is some proof

"Isolation"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=100106

Track Listing:

Track 1) Slip To The Void

Track 2) Isolation

Track 3) Ghost Of Days Gone By

Track 4) All Hope Is Gone

Track 5) Still Remains

Track 6) Make It Right

Track 7) Wonderful Life

Track 8 I Know It Hurts

Track 9) Show Me A Sign

Track 10) Fallout

Track 11) Breathe Again

Track 12) Coeur D’Alene

Track 13) Life Must Go On

Track 14) Words Darker Than Their Wings

www.alterbridge.com

Interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_III

The band has stated on several occasions that AB III is a very dark album, both musically and lyrically. In an exclusive "Guitarist Uncut" interview with MusicRadar, Myles Kennedy stated that the album will be very dark lyrically, and said that it "deals with a lot of doubts," and that musically, there are "moments that have that intensity and have that darkness to it."[13] Mark Tremonti said in a later interview, "I think that the album is a reflection of what was going on in our lives and heads at the moment. It's a moody record. Lyrically, our singer Myles Kennedy took in it the direction of his struggles with faith and believing. Not to put words in his mouth, but his father died at a young age and Myles has difficulty believing in anything. But, there are positive songs on the record as well. But overall, it's a darker, moodier record."[14]

According to a press release posted on Alter Bridge's MySpace page and website, the lyrics on AB III shift away from the themes of "hope and perseverance in the face of adversity" on the first two albums. Kennedy said, "This record is definitely a departure from the last two albums in terms of its subject matter. It touches on the thoughts and emotions of someone who has come to question everything that was once regarded as an absolute truth. It's the realization that everything you once believed in might not exist." The article also states that the album is somewhat of a concept record, a first for Alter Bridge, and is about a character "desperately struggling to find their place in a world steeped in doubt and emptiness," but that there are songs that touch on other emotions, such as "Wonderful Life".

true that Mickalino. I haven't disliked anything they have done yet. This is their third album. The third album is usually the deciding factor if a band breaks into the next level or not, as far as sales and exposure anyway. Recent examples are Shinedown's "The Sound of Madness." They won't be opening for anybody else again.

• 3 weeks later...
I might have to check these guys out. I've photographed Myles twice this year while taking pics of Slash....dude is an impressive vocalist and if Slash has him along to front his touring band, he must be doing something right.

"Blackbird" When he hits the chorus for the first time, it's unbelievable. "Let the wind carry you home...Blackbird fly away...may you NEVER be broken again..." This song really resonated with me, as my grandfather lost his battle with cancer a few months before this album came out. 3 years later, and this song still gives me chills every time.

Archived