Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alter Bridge III (Modern Rock Masterpiece)

Commander PK

I don't understand why this would be released nearly a month later in the States?

This band has become huge in Europe, but the U.S. has not really warmed up to them. A lot of their problem in the U.S. has been some people just will not give them a chance because 3/4 of the band are in Creed, even though they sound nothing like Creed. Alter Bridge is much heavier/hard rock, and Myles Kennedy is a completely different vocalist and musician from Scott Stapp. His range and guitar playing adds a completely different element to Alter Bridge. As for the release date in Europe a month early, they are probably just trying to let the European crowd get the word out on the album, and try to build up some momentum for the U.S. release. I haven't seen one negative review of the album yet. The track"Wonderful Life" is a great rock ballad, and should probably be released as a single.

Painkiller gave us the release date for Europe !! :hammer:

Thanks a lot, painkiller. Now kill the pain you caused me with this huge letdown :mad:

Sorry Mick, I wasn't aware the album was going to be released a month later in America until just the other day. Initially, nothing was said about different release dates.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it was only $7.99 at Best Buy !!

That's the lowest I've ever paid for a brand new CD release. Actually it's the lowest I've ever paid for a non-used CD !!

I know the internet music has probably brought CD prices down, but $7.99 is actually less than what you would pay if you bought all the songs individually off of iTunes !!

Yet another reason to love AB !!

The album is phenomenal, I really like the darker tone. Alter Bridge just keep getting better. Mark Tremonti is a next generation Eddie Van Halen. He's an incredible player. This band has a great gift for melody and hooks, with the technical chops to back it up. Kennedy's vocal abilities just continue to amaze me. The guy has a range just completely uncommon from today's rock singers.

Dude, chill. Tremonti can't carry Tipton's jock, much less EVH. He is quite good though, I look forward to schooling him at RockCamp in about ten years.

I think Tremonti is a similar player to Eddie, not that he is better. Eddie is one of a kind, but he reminds me of Eddie because of his song writing abilities and technical chops. Tremonti and Kennedy are really turning out to be a great song writing duo. There isn't a dud on any of their albums.

Debuts at #17 on Billboard Chart. Not bad for the U.S. release. Also #3 Rock Album, #2 Hard Rock Album.

I have a new favorite song from this album. "Isolation" crushes, but I keep clicking on this one. "Words darker than their Wings"

"Wonderful Life" needs to be a single from this album. When people start hearing that song, this album will blow up. Book it.

Where's the patriotism ?

All these tour dates for other countries and nothing for the U.S. ?

Bob Seger wouldn't do that :(

They have American dates. They are playing Rams Head live in Baltimore on December 16th, and I know they have a few others. Sadly, I don't think I will be able to make the show on the 16th. I have to work.

and your right about Bob. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to bump this thread.

I just observed on I-Tunes that the album has 755 reviews, and ranks 5 stars.

On amazon, 72 reviews have been submitted and the album has a 4.5 star rating.

Wiki has links to numerous reviews and all are positive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_III

If you haven't picked this one up yet, do yourself a favor and get it.

Archived